The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Velvet brand ice cream

buffetbuster

Velvet brand ice cream Sun, 12/31/06 4:19 PM (permalink)
I recently had a scoop of Velvet ice cream at Hocutt's BBQ & Ice Cream in Moundsville, WV. I had a scoop of the peppermint stick (a seasonal flavor only available in December) and it was very good. Both of my friends had different flavors (Fresh Strawberry and Butter Pecan & Cashew) and really enjoyed them also.

I did a search here on Roadfood and it doesn't look like Velvet brand ice cream has been mentioned before. Anyone familiar with it? What do you think? According to the website, it is manufactured in Utica, OH, not too far from Columbus.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
    RE: Velvet brand ice cream Sun, 12/31/06 4:50 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by buffetbuster

I recently had a scoop of Velvet ice cream at Hocutt's BBQ & Ice Cream in Moundsville, WV. I had a scoop of the peppermint stick (a seasonal flavor only available in December) and it was very good. Both of my friends had different flavors (Fresh Strawberry and Butter Pecan & Cashew) and really enjoyed them also.

I did a search here on Roadfood and it doesn't look like Velvet brand ice cream has been mentioned before. Anyone familiar with it? What do you think? According to the website, it is manufactured in Utica, OH, not too far from Columbus.

I usually head up to the Velvet place a couple of times a year. They have a small soup and sandwich place in their building, which is an old mill (with a working water wheel) and they serve ice cream, too. Additionally, they have an ice cream museum, and you can watch the making of ice cream from a special viewing area if you're there on a weekday. My favorite Velvet flavor is Brandied Peach. They haven't made it in several years, and I call a few times each year begging them to make it again. Each time, I get a laugh and a promise to consider it. My wife's favorite Velvet flavor was the pistachio.

buffetbuster

RE: Velvet brand ice cream Sun, 12/31/06 5:50 PM (permalink)
      Michael Hoffman-
      Thanks for the info. It sounds like the next time I am in the Columbus area, it would be worth the stop in at the Velvet ice cream factory.

That is too bad they don't make the Brandied Peach anymore.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com