The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Venice Beach - BEST Mexican Food in Cali

GoTTi

• Total Posts: 106
Venice Beach - BEST Mexican Food in Cali Tue, 07/22/08 3:30 AM (permalink)
there is a restaurant in Venice Beach that is soooo good...i have been going there since i was pretty much born. i lived in venice so it wasn't far to goto. we would go there almost every night for dinner, and as a youngin' i would get the same thing...bean n cheese burrito with no sauce...then as a teen i graduated to the carne asada dinner. my brother always got the same thing, and to this day it hasnt changed...the chile reljeno (spelled right?)...they make the best food there. the tortillas are made rigth in the center of the restaurant by old spanish ladies, pattin away with the dough and cooking it on a open fire grill next to the fully loaded bar. they extended the place to the back part which is outdoors and you can smoke out there. its really a great romantic place or a place to go and enjoy a great meal. the prices are very low for today's average. i get a carne asada dinner for about 13-14 bucks and a corona. if i goto most mexican places that are suppose to be top notch, ive paid like 18-20 for the dinner with small portion of meat....

this place though, in venice, is just great. everything they serve is fresh and taste remarkable.

if your ever in venice beach, california, or you live in southern california and want great mexican food, goto La Cabana located on Lincoln Blvd and Rose Ave. Their website is http://www.lacabanavenice.com/

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com