Virginia Barbeque

Author
signman
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1743
2007/08/09 11:25:42 (permalink)

Virginia Barbeque

A cousin in the Wilmington, DE are just mentioned this place to me. Seems a franchisee is opening in that area, and there was an article in the paper about it. I'd never heard of the place, but they have multiple locations in the Richmond, Fredericksburg area. The reviews are good, but they are proud of the fact that their meat is delivered to each location already smoked and even pulled.

www.virginiabarbeque.com

Anyone tried this place?

5 Replies Related Threads

Captain Morgan
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 507
    RE: Virginia Barbeque 2007/08/09 11:37:25 (permalink)
    I'd be proud to smoke it and pull it on location.
    Pulled pork dries out quickly.
    Purple Haze
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 18
    RE: Virginia Barbeque 2007/08/13 14:06:18 (permalink)
    I've tried them. They're pulled pork is middle of the pack depending on how you like your barbecue. I've not tried their ribs, but soon I will. Pretty good Virginia-style bbq sauce and sides. The only issue I might have would be that in my opinion franchise barbecue may be tasty but it will never be the best you've ever had. More importantly, since some of the franchisees have the option to receive their pork fully smoked and/or pulled, you are going to have some franchises with good Q, some with bad Q, and some with ugly Q. And you won't know which is which until you've already spent you money or heard from someone who has. My rule of thumb is that if I don't smell smoke either in the parking lot or as I walk through the front door, I know its going to be a gamble.
    rdavidow
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Virginia Barbeque 2007/08/20 15:58:42 (permalink)
    I just finished a twelve day trip through The South to meet some friends and taste some BBQ. I'm not an expert here, but my favorite stop was in Madison Heights outside of Lynchburg at The Silver Pig. The pork was moist and flavorful and the vinegary sauce was perfect. Hushpuppies were excellent, too. The day before, I had lunch at Lexington BBQ, which I thought was the highlight til I got to The Siver Pig. My third favorite was The Skylight Inn in Ayden, NC.
    LuckyLabrador
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 583
    RE: Virginia Barbeque 2007/08/20 17:43:53 (permalink)
    Pulled Pork and Briskit pre smoked pulled /sliced, no thanks. That's about as authentic Q, as Mc Donalds burgers are to real burgers.
    HadYourPhil
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Virginia Barbeque 2007/11/08 21:52:14 (permalink)
    I second the emotion in The Silver Pig! Dee-licious!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1