Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!!

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 39
Rev.Bucky

• Total Posts: 57
Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 3:38 AM (permalink)
I know in these carb concious times, people are cutting down, but let me open up the virtual donut shop, I'm buying...

So whadya want? Cruller? Cake? Crumb? Glazed? Frosted (what flavor?) Buttermilk? Bar? We got em all, Hey there virtual and calorie free!!

And while we're at it, what would you like to drink with that donut?

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
    RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 4:03 AM (permalink)
    Buttermilk Bar and coffee.

Crusinsusin

• Total Posts: 25
      RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 5:54 AM (permalink)
      One lemon-filled and one chocolate w/powdered sugar. And a large black coffee. Yum.

skylar0ne

• Total Posts: 473
        RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 12:33 PM (permalink)
        I'll take a fresh made, still warm glazed, and a glzaed with chocolate icing. And a good cup of black coffee. Can't beat that!

TxConnie

• Total Posts: 83
          RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 12:42 PM (permalink)
          Sour cream and an apple fritter. Milk and hot coffee

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
            RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 3:00 PM (permalink)
            Chocolate-frosted cream-filled Long John, please. Black coffee.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
              RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sat, 09/10/05 3:02 PM (permalink)
              M'sister would like two raspberry jelly-filled donuts with a tall glass of milk.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sun, 09/11/05 7:38 AM (permalink)
                One Plain cake and one cinnamon please---and a coffee with half and half!

scenicdive

• Total Posts: 13
                  RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sun, 09/11/05 9:21 AM (permalink)
                  Can I get 1 Key Lime, 1 French Cruller and a large coffee, cream and suger, for myself and 1 Chocolate Frosting Cream Filled and an Orange Juice for dunking (yuk!) for my girlfriend?

NAAMikey

• Total Posts: 193
                    RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Sun, 09/11/05 9:47 AM (permalink)
                    Medium coffe w/cream and sugar and a coffee roll,please!

sinnocent

• Total Posts: 6
                      RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 4:48 AM (permalink)
                      A reg donut from Round Rock Donuts and a big glass of milk

Fieldthistle

• Total Posts: 1948
                        RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 6:03 AM (permalink)
                        Hello All,
                        Thank you Rev., I'll have a chocolate donut with a Dr. Pepper.
                        Take care,
                        Fieldthistle

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                          RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 8:10 AM (permalink)
                          Eclair and a double shot latte please

thank you!

aharste

RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 9:16 AM (permalink)
                            1 angel icing filled and 1 strawberry iced from the Jollly Donut in Sandusky, OH. And 2 ice cold milks. Please.

jettababs

• Total Posts: 222
                              RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 9:20 AM (permalink)
                              I'd like a maple-frosted yeast and a cruller, and a large black coffee, please, to go. Thanks!

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
                                RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 9:22 AM (permalink)
                                I'll have what tiki is having! Thanks Rev.

Can we have bagels next time?

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2929
                                  RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 11:39 AM (permalink)
                                  I'll have a toasted coconut and a glazed cruller, thanks!

Tom

Nemis

• Total Posts: 186
                                    RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 11:54 AM (permalink)
                                    Two plain cake doughnuts with a steaming cup of french roast with cream and sugar and of course evryone here as company

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
                                      RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 11:55 AM (permalink)
                                      cider donut and decaf with creamer please!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                                        RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Thu, 09/15/05 1:35 PM (permalink)
                                        If I ever find a sour cream donut again I'll have one. The last donut I had was some place in Michigan in about 1981.

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
                                          RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Fri, 09/16/05 4:09 AM (permalink)
                                          I'll have a bavarian cream filled and an apple cake filled with a large chocolate milk please.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                                            RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Mon, 09/26/05 5:26 AM (permalink)
                                            1 raised glazed and 1 maple bar (for starters) from Randy's in Inglewood, CA. Large coffee regular too, please.
                                            They've been turning out donuts since 3 years before I was born, and I was born right down the street.

http://www.randysdonuts.com/history.html

DavidEMartin

• Total Posts: 173
                                              RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Tue, 08/1/06 10:41 PM (permalink)
                                              A chocolate frosted longjohn slit lengthwise and filled with whipped vcream (not custard). Also, a banana cake donut with chocolate frosting and a chocolate cake donut with banana frosting. And to drink... can you gibve me a 50-50 mix of OJ and Mountain Dew? Thanx!

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Tue, 08/1/06 11:10 PM (permalink)
                                                A fresh glazed sounds mighty fine.. Heck, even a chocolate covered cake donut. But right now, I'll take the glass of cold milk with it. I'd normally order up some black coffee, but it's been so hot here for the last week that I had to give up that beverage.. Hopefully later this week I'll get my fix again!

essvee

• Total Posts: 425
                                                  RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Wed, 08/2/06 12:12 AM (permalink)
                                                  A whole buncha cider donuts from Atkins Farms in Amherst MA pliz!

bbqjimbob

• Total Posts: 428
                                                    RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Wed, 08/2/06 2:52 AM (permalink)
                                                    Make mine a crueller! That could mean alot of different types of donuts, but to me, it can mean only one thing! The cruellers I made at a grocery store bakery where I used to work. Take the donut dough we used for the raised donuts, roll it out on the sheeter (When done, it would be about 36-40" wide, by about 20-25' long. To this, add enough butter to choke a horse, and fold it over, continue rolling in the sheeter, until the butter is thoroughly incorporated. Fold to app 2'x1'x8" thick. Let chill in cooler over night. The next day, re-roll on the sheeter until it is the original size, then roll out onto the work table, add lots of superior quality cinnamon, and fold over twice, until you are left with a piece app 25' long, by app 12" wide. This would be cut into several dozen cruellers, which would go into the proof box, until raised about 1&1/2 times their original size. Once proofed, they then would go to the fryer, pass through the glazer, and finally, get dipped into a peanut crunch topping!

WBBear

• Total Posts: 32
                                                      • Location: Fort Wayne, IN
                                                      RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Wed, 08/2/06 9:13 AM (permalink)
                                                      Could I get 2 apple sauce doughnuts and a cold glass of milk for here and a dozen toasted coconut with a Coca-Cola Zero to go. Thank you.

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
                                                        • Location: St. Petersburg, FL
                                                        RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Wed, 08/2/06 9:30 AM (permalink)
                                                        I prefer to look at my donut poster that I have here in my office. Quite a conversation piece.

Here is a link to the poster and what it looks like:

http://www.tenspeed.com/store/index.php?main_page=pubs_product_book_jph1_info&cPath=7_303&products_id=1097

John

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                                                          • Location: Sharon, MA
                                                          RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Wed, 08/2/06 10:04 AM (permalink)
                                                          My virtual doughnut would be a Yankee fried cake like those you could still find in a few places in RI when I was growing up. A ball of dough, slightly smaller than a baseball. The dough had a bit more sweet spice (I'm guessing mace) than regular doughnuts. And since they were solid, they cooked a little longer to give just a touch of soft crust on the outside. Plain or dipped in powdered sugar they were the best.

Last place I got them was a wholesale doughnut baker in Providence, Burns Bros. I think. That was probably the late 70s.

Next up I'll take a cruller, because all the surface area makes a bit of crust. Of course it could be a powdered jelly cruller from Korbs bakery (a defunct chain). Then for dessert, a chocolate doughnut from the counter at Warwick Shoppers World (which bought Zayre's, which is now defunct).

I have to admit, my family was pretty serious about their doughnuts.

RookieCAF

• Total Posts: 38
                                                            • Location: Great Barrington, MA
                                                            RE: Virtual Donuts, I'm Buying!! Wed, 08/2/06 3:01 PM (permalink)
                                                            Chocolate Frosted Cake with an Iced Coffee, Cream Only

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com