Voodoo Doughnut tries to set world record with giant box of donuts

Author
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 870
2011/08/09 17:33:46 (permalink)

Voodoo Doughnut tries to set world record with giant box of donuts

Voodoo Donuts in Portland has attempted to set a record for World's Largest Box of Donuts with a 666-pound box of donuts: http://www.katu.com/news/local/127070718.html

This reminds me of a Voodoo Doughnut story from our visit there with mr chips in July. We saw this guy carrying a bucket of donuts:
Untitled by Ralph Melton, on Flickr

I asked why he was carrying a bucket of donuts, because I thought that maybe he was an employee. No, he said, he just liked donuts.
We spotted him later sitting in a window with a girl the same age, cheerfully eating away with the bucket of donuts between them.

1 Reply Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13476
    Re:Voodoo Doughnut tries to set world record with giant box of donuts 2011/08/09 17:40:27 (permalink)
    Ralph, I like doughnuts as well as anyone.  I once at three Krispey Kremes and they bloated me like crazy.  I have seen Voodoo doughnuts on TV before and I am sure they are good but no way could I eat that many much less three.

I have been in Portland and Seattle many times and I have never been there but that area is a super in food.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1