Waffle Do Wop

Author
chezkatie
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
2004/04/30 10:13:37 (permalink)

Waffle Do Wop

I recently purchased a really neat book named "Southern Belly." In it are articles about many great sounding (Roadfood) places to eat in the southern states. There are also lots of fun articles to read.

I know that a lot of you are Waffle House fans so am wondering about "Waffle House Ditties." It is explained that there have been many songs about Waffle House food that have played in the restaurants and that there is even a compact disk out with such songs as "There are Raisins in My Toast" sung to the tune of "Big Girls Don't Cry." Have any of you heard any of these?

4 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18944
    RE: Waffle Do Wop 2004/04/30 10:31:38 (permalink)
    Sure, I've heard just about all of them. They're on the juke boxes at Waffle House restaurants.
    angelfood
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 204
    RE: Waffle Do Wop 2004/04/30 10:44:40 (permalink)
    That is so funny. I've never heard of them. One of my first jobs was at a Waffle House. They sent us to "school" to learn the correct way to yell orders, but no mention of songs. I used to give the jukebox a workout, too and don't recall WH songs. I never understood why they made us yell...I found it annoying then and still do. If I eat at a place like that now I choose Huddle House. Also, my WH manager one time wanted me to take out an order of bacon to a customer and the bacon wasn't done. He and I had words and I refused to serve my customer improperly cooked bacon just for the sake of speed. He put the bacon back on the grill. I have a Golden Corral steak story as well. But I digress. Maybe another time. LOL.
    scbuzz
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 844
    RE: Waffle Do Wop 2004/04/30 13:10:02 (permalink)
    I have heard them on the WH juke box as well !!! Several of the WH's I frequent, whenever someone plays one of the WH songs, you can see them uttering various expletive deleteds !! I guess they hear is so many times the get sick of it !!!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18944
    RE: Waffle Do Wop 2004/04/30 13:29:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by scbuzz

I have heard them on the WH juke box as well !!! Several of the WH's I frequent, whenever someone plays one of the WH songs, you can see them uttering various expletive deleteds !! I guess they hear is so many times the get sick of it !!!

At the Waffle Houses I'm in most often, the staff plays the Waffle House songs with store quarters (marked so they get them back when the coins are picked up) whenever it gets too quiet.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1