Waffle House on Christmas Day

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3140
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/22 14:50:16 (permalink)
I prefer the Omelet Shoppes to Waffle House but you do not seem them up North.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18341
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/22 14:58:55 (permalink)
Try Michigan.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3140
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/22 15:00:23 (permalink)
I never cared for MI.  Too cold.
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5550
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/22 15:51:05 (permalink)
NYPIzzaNut

I never cared for MI.  Too cold.

nonw THAT'S funny!
claracamille
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 434
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/23 11:28:01 (permalink)
I think that since WF has the grill/food prep area in plain view that the food preparation is probably more clean that in kitchens that are out of sight.

My son is a culinary school graduate who has managed & cooked in several restaurant kitchens including some very "upscale".  He says the the 10, 30 60 second rule is applied in most instances, especiallu when a high cost product is dropped, steak,seafood,etc. 

Restaurants calculate profit using several criteria-labor costs, building overhead(heat, lights,etc), costs of foodstuffs versus the monies received from the meals served.  Good restaurant management knows to the exact ounze how many pounds of beef, potatoes, etc shoudl be used for X number of meals.  If a kitchen manager allows more food to be used then that is allowed, then his bonus is lowered.   When my son managed kitchens, he emphazed  careful handling of the food, but he also admits if a prime ribeye steak accidently kit the floor, it would not be thrown out but would be grilled.  He waited for a well done order & then used that steak.

As others have stated, if I see anything in a restuarant that I don't like i just vote with my feet & walk out.
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/25 11:43:23 (permalink)
claracamille

I think that since WF has the grill/food prep area in plain view that the food preparation is probably more clean that in kitchens that are out of sight.

My son is a culinary school graduate who has managed & cooked in several restaurant kitchens including some very "upscale".  He says the the 10, 30 60 second rule is applied in most instances, especiallu when a high cost product is dropped, steak,seafood,etc. 

Restaurants calculate profit using several criteria-labor costs, building overhead(heat, lights,etc), costs of foodstuffs versus the monies received from the meals served.  Good restaurant management knows to the exact ounze how many pounds of beef, potatoes, etc shoudl be used for X number of meals.  If a kitchen manager allows more food to be used then that is allowed, then his bonus is lowered.   When my son managed kitchens, he emphazed  careful handling of the food, but he also admits if a prime ribeye steak accidently kit the floor, it would not be thrown out but would be grilled.  He waited for a well done order & then used that steak.

As others have stated, if I see anything in a restuarant that I don't like i just vote with my feet & walk out.

Restaurants should also calculate food loss through accidents (like drops onto the floor).

Try telling that story to the board of health. Include names and restaurants so they get it right.

PS- be sure to let us know which restaurants your son manages, so we're sure not to go.

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10198
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/25 12:54:55 (permalink)
Scorereader

claracamille

Restaurants should also calculate food loss through accidents (like drops onto the floor).

Try telling that story to the board of health. Include names and restaurants so they get it right.

PS- be sure to let us know which restaurants your son manages, so we're sure not to go.

Don't Worry about it! Commercial Charbroilers in Restaurants operate at 160,000 BTU's That will kill ANYTHING that comes from the floor! Geez!
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6338
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/25 12:54:58 (permalink)
You can't control what you can't see but you would be a fool to condone or accept mishandled food if you see it.
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/25 14:31:29 (permalink)
Foodbme

Scorereader

Don't Worry about it! Commercial Charbroilers in Restaurants operate at 160,000 BTU's That will kill ANYTHING that comes from the floor! Geez!

I don't care to eat charbroiled anything that comes from the floor of a restaurant's kitchen, thanks.

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10198
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/25 14:59:57 (permalink)
Scorereader

Foodbme

Scorereader

I don't care to eat charbroiled anything that comes from the floor of a restaurant's kitchen, thanks.

I know you don't care to BUT You probably already Have! What you don't know hasn't killed you-------Yet!
Scorereader
Sirloin
Re:Waffle House on Christmas Day 2010/01/25 15:34:49 (permalink)
Foodbme
I know you don't care to BUT You probably already Have! What you don't know hasn't killed you-------Yet!

SO WHAT???? what's your point? that I've been the victim of unsafe food handling from a restaurant and didn't know it? Ok, fine. It's true. I was. There - happy? You're right, I've been a victim of someone else's bad habits.

that doesn't mean a thing. it doesn't mean it should be tolerated or accepted. To say it should be accepted merely because you, foodbme, doesn't know someone has died from it is, to say the least, unimportant.

People DO get sick and die from unsafe food handlling practices. People DO get bacterial infections from unsafe food handling. People DO get food poisoning from unsafe handling of food. It DOES happen, whether you know of any victims or not.  And that's the point: unsafe food handling DOES lead to illness and can cause death.

Forget about the 5 second rule and steaks hitting the floor, its a diversion to avoid the real life scenraio that was explained in an earlier post. So lets go back to the root of this, which had to do with specific instances of how Roadkill Bill's dish was mis-handled at a Waffle House. And in that case, it was over the top and dead wrong.  And anyone who defends that kind of behavior and laughs it off as something that should be ignored, is either blinded by their own bias or dumb. In this case, I don't think you're dumb at all.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1