Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston

Author
EdSails
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3968
2014/01/10 10:19:56 (permalink)

Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston

OK, Roadfooders, time to check things out for us poor West Coasters. Has anyone tried "Wahlburgers" yet? And what do you think about a restaurant being created partially just for a TV reality series?

'Wahlburgers' Premiere in Boston sells out in an hour

Will Paul become as famous as Mark and Donnie? Inquiring minds want to know!

9 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18390
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/10 11:14:21 (permalink)
    I don't know about burgers, but I'm still trying to figure out why Mark Wahlberg isn't doing lots of time in a federal prison for being a felon in possession of firearms. How many films has he done in which he has a firearm in his possession? As a convicted felon he commits a felony every time he so much as touches a firearm.
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3968
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/11 14:40:33 (permalink)
    Interesting question, Michael. I'd guess that there might either be an exemption since the movie prop weapons are disabled for use. I'd also wager that the court responded to Marky's attorney possible request of a waiver when he is using a prop weapon in a movie.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/11 15:02:23 (permalink)
    EdSails

Interesting question, Michael. I'd guess that there might either be an exemption since the movie prop weapons are disabled for use. I'd also wager that the court responded to Marky's attorney possible request of a waiver when he is using a prop weapon in a movie.

First, there can be no waiver. The law bars such things. And, while a prop firearm may be disabled that is temporary and according to federal law it is still a firearm. And being a firearm under the law it is still a felony for a convicted felon to so much as touch it.
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 557
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/11 16:20:19 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

EdSails

First, there can be no waiver. The law bars such things. And, while a prop firearm may be disabled that is temporary and according to federal law it is still a firearm. And being a firearm under the law it is still a felony for a convicted felon to so much as touch it.

It might not be a firearm at all.  It might be a realistic looking "toy" that was never able to function as a firearm, and never will be able to function as a firearm.  Therefore, not a firearm.    Never knew he had a record.  What is the felony he was convicted of?

Thanks.

Glenn

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/11 17:01:56 (permalink)
    Glenn1234

Michael Hoffman

EdSails

It might not be a firearm at all.  It might be a realistic looking "toy" that was never able to function as a firearm, and never will be able to function as a firearm.  Therefore, not a firearm.    Never knew he had a record.  What is the felony he was convicted of?

Thanks.

Glenn

He was charged with attempted murder and it was pleaded down to assault, resulting in a sentence of two years in prison. He was released after serving just 45 days. I doubt they were toys used in all the films he's done where he was holding/shooting firearms.
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 557
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/11 17:05:25 (permalink)

Thanks.  I'm not much of a follower of Hollywood, so never knew any of that stuff about him. 

Glenn

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/11 17:36:45 (permalink)
    Glenn1234

Thanks.  I'm not much of a follower of Hollywood, so never knew any of that stuff about him. 

Glenn

I'm not either. I read about this guy several years ago.

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6186
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/16 13:02:25 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

Glenn1234

Glenn

I'm not either. I read about this guy several years ago.

Michael, he has done a 180, very devout Catholic, a hell of a nice guy. When my daughter went to the Emmys 2 years ago with my lifelong friend, John Heard, Kelliann met Mark at the party after, she said he was the nicest guy there, and she met a ton of well known Actors!

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5045
    Re:Wahlburgers---burgers, TV, or ????? in Boston 2014/01/16 13:32:05 (permalink)
    I wonder if the burgers can be ordered with or without stubble...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1