Wandering

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
2007/10/07 15:20:42 (permalink)

Wandering

A couple trips recently. Hope my efforts at uploading photos will eventually work.
The third week in September I had the honor of taking one of my clients to his first major league baseball game in Seattle. He had won tickets in a contest with Topps Bsaeball card and so we we went to see the Mariners play the Tampa bay Devil Rays. The only roadfood note was our lunch stop at the Pick-Way Drive-In in Fife, Washington(reviewed on this site). I had a burger and fresh peach shake which wre superb. At the came i had my Ichiro combo sushi and Marlon had garlic fries and Ivar's clam chowder.
Unfortuately for the Mariners, Tampa Bay pitcher Scott Kazmir was on his game and struck out 8. Carl Crawford went 4-5. Mariner hurler(allegedly) Horacio Ramirez got no one out and gave up 4 runs and the M"s never recovered and lost 8-3. Marlon got his picture taken with Super-Mario(it was Nintendo night) and with team mascot the Mariner Moose. He enjoyed himself and is eager to return next year.
Trudy, Sam,and another client Ray and I took a one day trip to the Oregon coast. Our first stop is a new roadfood favorite, the Brigittine monastery near Amity, Oregon . The order supports itself by making divine fudge. My favorites are chocolate hazlenut fudge and pecan praline, each a combination of fresg ingredients that produce lovely combo of bitter and sweet..
From Amity, we proceeded to South Beach, Oregon in search of the roadfood reviewed Lighthouse Deli. It turns out the place has changed its name and is now the South Beach Fish Market. The food is just as good as ever. Sam had tuna fish and chips, Ray local chowder, trudy had lightly fried oysters and shrimp stuffed with crab, I had the crabby patty. i almost hate telling you about but the place is already crowded with savvy locals so I don't really think it can be kept a secret.
My favorite tourist attaction in Newport is the close-up view of sea lions. There are 4 floating docks where male sea lions have taken up residence and spend the day challenging each other for dominance. Their barking and grunts filled the air around the waterfront. Sam and Ray were transfixed. Sam said it was like watching a professional wrestling match except that it wasn't fake. the fighting and an barking were non-stop.
We also stopped at the D-River(the world's shortest) wayside in Lincoln City to watch the kites on the beach. A pleasant day was had by all.

2 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10513
    RE: Wandering 2007/10/08 08:19:49 (permalink)
    mr chips-
    You sure do keep busy and treat your clients well. Are those docks better than the Sea Lion Caves just south of there?
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Wandering 2007/10/08 10:59:20 (permalink)
    You are closer on the docks. You can almost reach out and touch the animals. Sam said he liked it because it was real.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1