Weber Grill

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13548
2003/06/14 17:26:25 (permalink)

Weber Grill

I recently had the opportunity to visit the Weber Grill in Chicago. Yes, it is the same company that makes the Weber Grill that we have used many times over the last many years.

They cook every thing over a weber grill and in fact use 800 pounds of charcoal every day.

They do everything from burgers to steaks.

They do their veggies over the grill and their desserts also.

I had a Porterhouse, baked potato, salad and charcoaled pineapple.

You gotta do it.

Paul E. Smtih
Knoxville, TN

14 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15321
    RE: Weber Grill 2003/06/14 18:02:09 (permalink)
    Paul,
    They just featured the Weber Grill on on of the Food Channel's BBQ specials this afternoon. Looks like an interesting place to stop.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Weber Grill 2003/06/16 10:35:34 (permalink)
    There are 3 locations in Chicago area: Wheeling, Lombard and the newest is Chicago. The grill was invented in the Chicago area.
    Stogie
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 128
    RE: Weber Grill 2003/06/16 22:52:56 (permalink)
    Hi Paul...

I have eaten at all the Weber joints! Very good stuff! I like the extra large grill at Lombard and the grill hanging off the building in downtown.

I did some consumer testing for them a couple years ago and they sponsored me at a couple of cook-offs. The meat came from the restaurants and was all prime grade! I shoulda kept it for "personal" use! LOL

They plan a major expansion in the coming years, so look for one near you.

Stogie
    dktani89
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Weber Grill 2003/06/16 23:45:38 (permalink)
    Does anybody have the perfect way to cook baby back ribs in a weber barbeque? I have looked and have not found the correct instructions
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/04 19:34:45 (permalink)
    I did not know there were Weber Grill restaurants. Sounds really neat and good as all of you above describe. I visited a factory in NE Indiana about 15 years ago that made the Weber grills. they could be made in China for all I know, now.
    I'd love to hear more about the expansion plans for the restaurant.

carl reitz
    RPERRY
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/04 19:44:18 (permalink)
    I saw that special on Food Network. Looks like everything there is cooked on Weber grills. They must have quite a ventilation system to be able to cook with all that charcoal indoors!
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/04 19:49:09 (permalink)
    I swear by Weber Charcoal Grills! I've stumbled and tried others, but I was a young foolish youth at the time... Be nice seeing the restaurant chain expand so I wouldnt have to cook so much!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13548
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/05 19:04:59 (permalink)
    The Sundancer has done the Weber grill in Chicago and it was perfect. I got a charcoal Weber grill and I have used it for years and it is great. I use it many times a year with country ribs, steaks, burgers, chicken and burgers. They always turn out great.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    b-n-kchefservice
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 69
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/05 22:44:37 (permalink)
    Lite your coals let them turn white divide them in half pushing them as far to both sides of the grill as possible with a shallow drip pan between the piles of coal then put your prepared ribs in the center if the grill between the piles of coal bone side down put the cover on the grill go mow the lawn, drink a beer, prep your sides (about 2 hours). rake the coals back to the center of the grill, sauce and finish directly over heat. I hope this helps. Barry from MI
    quote:
    Originally posted by dktani89

Does anybody have the perfect way to cook baby back ribs in a weber barbeque? I have looked and have not found the correct instructions
    halfday
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/09 09:52:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by b-n-kchefservice

Lite your coals let them turn white divide them in half pushing them as far to both sides of the grill as possible with a shallow drip pan between the piles of coal then put your prepared ribs in the center if the grill between the piles of coal bone side down put the cover on the grill go mow the lawn, drink a beer, prep your sides (about 2 hours). rake the coals back to the center of the grill, sauce and finish directly over heat. I hope this helps. Barry from MI

quote:

You will never have to search for a rib recipe again. This is the best of the best. I have a Weber gas grill however you can do it on a charcoal grill using the indirect method as b-n-kchefservice explained above.

1.Rub your baby back ribs with your favorite dry rub and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour. After they sit you'll notice the rub turns into a paste.

2.Meanwhile set your Weber gas grill to MOM. Temperature should run around 325 degrees.

3.Place a smoker box full of your favorite wood chips on the back of the grill. If you don't have a smoker box you can use heavy duty aluminum foil. Wrap up the chips and poke holes in the foil. I only do one smoking.

4.Put your ribs on a rib rack and place it in the center of the grill over indirect heat. CLOSE COVER AND TRY NOT TO PEEK (this will be impossible to do so try not to peek to often as you'll let out the heat). Cook for 1 1/2 hours.

5.Remove from grill and place on aluminum foil. Brush the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce. I found Sweet Baby Ray's to be the best. Wrap in the foil and place in a brown paper bag. Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour. Trust me this is very important.

6.Remove from the bag and the foil (yes they are still hot) and enjoy the best ribs you have ever had.

I have tried many different ways to do ribs but this is the best. It is so simple but so good. Do not try to deviate from this recipe as it has been tested many times. Enjoy!

UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/09 10:07:02 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by halfday

quote:

quote:

You will never have to search for a rib recipe again. This is the best of the best. I have a Weber gas grill however you can do it on a charcoal grill using the indirect method as b-n-kchefservice explained above.

1.Rub your baby back ribs with your favorite dry rub and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour. After they sit you'll notice the rub turns into a paste.

2.Meanwhile set your Weber gas grill to MOM. Temperature should run around 325 degrees.

3.Place a smoker box full of your favorite wood chips on the back of the grill. If you don't have a smoker box you can use heavy duty aluminum foil. Wrap up the chips and poke holes in the foil. I only do one smoking.

4.Put your ribs on a rib rack and place it in the center of the grill over indirect heat. CLOSE COVER AND TRY NOT TO PEEK (this will be impossible to do so try not to peek to often as you'll let out the heat). Cook for 1 1/2 hours.

5.Remove from grill and place on aluminum foil. Brush the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce. I found Sweet Baby Ray's to be the best. Wrap in the foil and place in a brown paper bag. Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour. Trust me this is very important.

6.Remove from the bag and the foil (yes they are still hot) and enjoy the best ribs you have ever had.

I have tried many different ways to do ribs but this is the best. It is so simple but so good. Do not try to deviate from this recipe as it has been tested many times. Enjoy!

Appreciate the tip on wrapping the wood chips for smoking up in foil then poking holes in it! Thats one great idea in my book!!
    halfday
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: Weber Grill 2004/11/09 10:18:23 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Sorry let me try this again.

1.Rub your baby back ribs with you favorite dry rub and let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour. After they sit you'll notice the rub turns into a paste.

4.Put your ribs on a rib rack and place it in the center of the grill over indirect heat. CLOSE COVER AND TRY NOT TO PEEK (this is impossible to do so try not to peek to often as you'll let out the heat). Cook for 1 1/2 hours.

5.Remove from grill and place on aluminum foil. Brush the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce. I found Sweet Baby Ray's to be the best. Wrap in the foil and place in a brown paper bag and close it up. Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour. Trust me this is very important.

6.Remove from the bag and foil (yes they are still hot) and enjoy the best ribs you have ever had.

The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3764
    RE: Weber Grill 2005/04/14 01:28:03 (permalink)
    I tried this restuarant tonight after reading the posts here, and hearing it referred on other threads (for some reason, I thought there was a full review posted here, but I cannot seem to find it). Maybe my expectations were too high, but I found nothing special about this place. They have a nice theme -- and they stick to it all right. Everything appears to be prepared on the grills -- even the bread, which had a very unique (and I mean that in a positive way) taste. But, this place's theme borders on gimmicky. It has all the earmarks of a chain restaurant, even though they have still not expanded beyond their three locations. It seems evident that they are planning some sort of nationwide rollout, as this place wreaks of being planned out by corporate types who think they are on to the next big thing.

I will say that my burger was delicious, but the baked onion soup was rather ordinary (I am curious to know how they did THAT on a Weber!). I suppose, though, that a $10 hamburger SHOULD be pretty good. They do not offer a plain iced tea -- only some fruity flavored crap (akin to what Cheesecake Factory offers). The bread, which I liked, was served with some sort of vegetable spread - not butter. These are definitely the signs of the ugly corporate food monster. Usually, a place with good food, doesn't try to mask their shortcomings with gimmicks. I thought Weber's food was good, but the place just didn't have the right homey feel. I guess when I think of food prepared on a Weber, I think of something rather simple -- this was anything but that.

Steve
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Weber Grill 2005/04/14 11:14:17 (permalink)
    Since this thread began I have finally been able to try the Weber Grill in Lombard. Yes, the giant grill outside is a draw. I agree with Steve, I was very unimpressed with just ok food. I had a special of pork loin that was marinated in pineapple and had too acidic of a taste to taste the pork. My lunch mate had salmon which was a very small portion for the price of the meals here. Rather sterile dining room.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1