Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC

Author
Lisajo
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 61
2010/06/13 14:09:47 (permalink)

Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC

This past weekend we went to Michael's Pizzeria in downtown Easley.  We shared a lunch special of a small pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms and a drink, added a side of garlic cheese bread.  I have to say this was the best pizza I have had in SC and the garlic bread was pretty good also.  The dough was perfect and not too much sauce.  They also have a nice outdoor seating area.  We are going back next weekend to sample the subs!  And grab another pizza for dinner!

[/link]

On Saturday we went over to Ike's Corner Grill in Spartanburg.  I was told to the place gets very busy during lunch hours and to wait until after l:00pm.  We arrived shortly after l:00pm and the place was slammed.  Good sign!  We found two seats at the bar and ordered a hot dog all the way (mustard, chili and onions), a hamburger plate with fries and coleslaw, a philly cheese steak and a basket of onion rings.  The hot dog was average, and I was thinking my burger was pretty darned good with a little crunchy out side and not dried out.  Then I had a bite of the philly cheese steak.  That was awesome, it came with swiss cheese (I would have liked cheese wiz) and onions and the hoagie bun was toasted, fantastic.  The french fries were great and the onion rings, although not homemade, were very tasty. When we go again, I am going to get my own cheese steak sandwich!  Oh, they did like Ric's Gamecock  hat!!

Overall, we had a great two days eating at two great places!

Ike's Corner Grill
864-542-0911
104 Archer Rd.
Spartanburg, SC  29303

16 Replies Related Threads

Ahi Mpls.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/13 14:32:15 (permalink)
       And to think that I've been mislead as to believe that there IS no good pizza in South Caroliny!  That one looked pretty tasty ('cept the canned mushrooms) and I am all about the bread when it comes to pizza so that looked lovely.    don't forget to post the next pizza and the SUB. Your pictures are excellent!        Something, something about the 3rd picture brings mr. chips to mind......
    Lisajo
    Hamburger
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/13 19:42:20 (permalink)
    Thanks AHI MPLS, I was under that belief also until we went to Michael's.  I am no big fan on the canned mushrooms either, but somehow it worked!  I am about the dough also, and this was dough/crust was very good.  Will let you know about the subs, I am looking forward to going back!
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4512
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/13 19:51:30 (permalink)
    Lisajo, Thanks for the info.  Nice report.
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/13 21:42:47 (permalink)
    Dawn, being the person who led you to believe that I would be happy to eat my hat if it only came with some good pizza on the side.  Lisa could you see the oven?  Both those places look very nice, and terrific job on the pics!
    Lisajo
    Hamburger
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/14 11:10:49 (permalink)
    Nancy, I didn't get a good look at the ovens, the counter was chin level to me and I had a hard time seeing the girl who took our order!  We will check out the ovens when we go back to get our subs and let you know!
    ayersian
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 899
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/14 11:27:23 (permalink)
    AHI MPLS
    And to think that I've been mislead as to believe that there IS no good pizza in South Caroliny!

Dawn, the person who misled you is, of course, crazy.   I like to think of the quest for good SC pizza as ongoing.  It's there, we just have to find it...  Chris

badbyron722
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 307
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/14 12:12:47 (permalink)
    Ikes is my favorite place in Spartanburg.Its owned by my cousin Neil Rodgers.Best burgers in town and beats The Beacon anyday of the week.Cold beer and a full bar to boot.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10085
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/14 12:50:03 (permalink)
    Lisajo-
    This was such a good report, I'm even willing to forgive you for your husband wearing the Gamecock hat!  Keep up the good work!
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/14 21:03:55 (permalink)
    ayersian

AHI MPLS
    And to think that I've been mislead as to believe that there IS no good pizza in South Caroliny!

Dawn, the person who misled you is, of course, crazy.   I like to think of the quest for good SC pizza as ongoing.  It's there, we just have to find it...  Chris

Then how come sometimes it feels like you're waiting for *evolution* to occur? ;)
    Lisajo
    Hamburger
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/15 08:45:32 (permalink)
    Badbryon - your cousin has a great place!  We will stop in again when we get up that way!

BB - Thanks, Ric bought the hat special just for going to Ike's. 

Nancy - not sure about an evolution, but searching for good pizza is always an ADVENTURE!
    tedlovesdogs
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 64
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/16 22:31:45 (permalink)
    Nice report and fantastic pics!

Thanks for the post--only problem is it's making me hungry!
    DirtDude
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 161
    Re:Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/19 09:29:18 (permalink)
    That pizza crust looked great, I loved the large looking slices. Thats the way it should be!
    Lisajo
    Hamburger
    Re: UPDATE Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/19 18:21:53 (permalink)
    UPDATE TO Michaels Pizzeria

We went back for lunch on Friday.  Ric had the ham sub cold with fries and I had the Italian sub hot.  My sandwich was very good, the bread being nice and crunchie, but soft inside.  Ric said he wished he has gotten his hot.  We took a deluxe pizza home for dinner! This was good pizza and I think we will go back next Friday for lunch!

improviser
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 865
    Re: UPDATE Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/24 10:02:10 (permalink)
    Yay! A mention of Michael's on Roadfood! I worked there as a delivery driver for several years during and after college. Michael and Susan, the owners, are wonderful people, and the food is great. And don't knock the canned mushrooms till you've tried them. Michael spices them and grills them on the grill before they're ever added to the pizzas. I find them addictive.

Even though I worked there for years, and know the menu by heart, I still have trouble deciding what I want to eat when I go there, because it's all so good.
    Ahi Mpls.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re: UPDATE Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/24 18:13:49 (permalink)
      Oh yikes!   How did I not see this sooner?  I just KNEW I'd love the subs!   We have a hideous chain called _ivanni's  (can't slander!) that has a sub that tries Oh So Hard to be what yours was...My folks swear by them (my folks are crazy)  & last time they were in town I found myself at the counter BEGGING them not to pt the lettuce on before they toasted it...the counter gal said " They Won't toast properly without the lettuce on top."   Grrrr....      Thanks for the update!   Go more places! your photos are Bee-U-Tee-Ful!   
    Lisajo
    Hamburger
    Re: UPDATE Weekend Eating in Easley and Spartanburg, SC 2010/06/25 14:31:02 (permalink)
    Improviser - Thanks for the info on the mushrooms, I wondered why they tasted good on these pizzas!  You are right about deciding what to get next, but that will be the fun in going to Michaels in the coming weeks!

AHI - They toasted the lettace?!?  Very interesting!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1