The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Weekend in South Carolina

Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 156 of 156
buffetbuster

Re:Weekend in South Carolina Fri, 04/13/12 11:00 AM (permalink)
cecif-
I knew it would just be a matter of time until you saw this and we would hear from you.  As you can imagine, I was thinking of you while at the Beacon.

buffetbuster

Re:Weekend in South Carolina Fri, 04/13/12 11:07 AM (permalink)
    Foodbme

BB,
    I started reading this thread from the first post thinking it was a current one only to discover it went back to 2009. A great story about PK's Home Cooking. When it was later reported that it had closed, I surmised that the lady in the picture you took back then was probably PK and guessing she was quite old, she probably passed on to that big Soul Food Kitchen and is whipping out her heavenly food for the Angels.

I have to admit that this occurred to me also and I did previously look for an obituary.  Not finding one, I am content that Miss Peggy decided to retire and is now making that fantastic food just for her family and friends.
    <message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 04/13/12 11:09 AM>

cecif

• Total Posts: 1412
      Re:Weekend in South Carolina Fri, 04/13/12 3:57 PM (permalink)
      Foodbme

cecif

I just have zero friggin' clue how I missed this report the first time around! Of course I loved it, BB.
      Missed a good opportunity to tell my USC/USC joke too (well, not exactly a joke, but funny...). SIGH.
      (And fergoshaskes, I had no idea you and Nancy had not met til then!)

My daughter graduated from USC in CA. She now lives in TN and has acquired a TN Twang. People there ask her how she liked living in Colombia, SC. I'd like to hear your story!

Well, the timing is gone... but I will say that it is definitely 'R'-rated, and you can figure it out if you think about each team's mascot - though in the Carolina case, thinking of the mascot as shown on their baseball caps, for example (i.e. nickname).
      <message edited by cecif on Fri, 04/13/12 3:58 PM>

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9544
        Re:Weekend in South Carolina Fri, 04/13/12 4:33 PM (permalink)
        cecif

Foodbme

cecif

I just have zero friggin' clue how I missed this report the first time around! Of course I loved it, BB.
        Missed a good opportunity to tell my USC/USC joke too (well, not exactly a joke, but funny...). SIGH.
        (And fergoshaskes, I had no idea you and Nancy had not met til then!)

My daughter graduated from USC in CA. She now lives in TN and has acquired a TN Twang. People there ask her how she liked living in Colombia, SC. I'd like to hear your story!

Well, the timing is gone... but I will say that it is definitely 'R'-rated, and you can figure it out if you think about each team's mascot - though in the Carolina case, thinking of the mascot as shown on their baseball caps, for example (i.e. nickname).

Grab

• Total Posts: 14
          Re:Weekend in South Carolina Thu, 05/10/12 11:29 PM (permalink)
          PK's had quite a following here in Spartanburg for the short time it was open.  I went several times and was a fan of the food there.  According to the local paper.  Miss Peggy had some health problems and decided running a restaurant was too much for her.  If anyone is in this area, let me know and I'll be glad to tell you about some of the local favorites.

buffetbuster

Re:Weekend in South Carolina Fri, 05/11/12 1:46 PM (permalink)
            Grab-
            Thanks so much for the reply.  I was really hoping Miss Peggy had just retired.  If anyone deserved it, it was her.

I don't have any plans to be in the area anytime soon,but would love to see your recommendations anyway!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
              Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 151 to 156 of 156

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com