Weekend in South Carolina

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10445
Re:Weekend in South Carolina 2012/04/13 11:00:59 (permalink)
cecif-
I knew it would just be a matter of time until you saw this and we would hear from you.  As you can imagine, I was thinking of you while at the Beacon.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Weekend in South Carolina 2012/04/13 11:07:19 (permalink)
Foodbme

BB,
I started reading this thread from the first post thinking it was a current one only to discover it went back to 2009. A great story about PK's Home Cooking. When it was later reported that it had closed, I surmised that the lady in the picture you took back then was probably PK and guessing she was quite old, she probably passed on to that big Soul Food Kitchen and is whipping out her heavenly food for the Angels.

I have to admit that this occurred to me also and I did previously look for an obituary.  Not finding one, I am content that Miss Peggy decided to retire and is now making that fantastic food just for her family and friends.
post edited by buffetbuster - 2012/04/13 11:09:35
cecif
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1414
Re:Weekend in South Carolina 2012/04/13 15:57:41 (permalink)
Foodbme

cecif

I just have zero friggin' clue how I missed this report the first time around! Of course I loved it, BB.
Missed a good opportunity to tell my USC/USC joke too (well, not exactly a joke, but funny...). SIGH.
(And fergoshaskes, I had no idea you and Nancy had not met til then!)

My daughter graduated from USC in CA. She now lives in TN and has acquired a TN Twang. People there ask her how she liked living in Colombia, SC. I'd like to hear your story!

Well, the timing is gone... but I will say that it is definitely 'R'-rated, and you can figure it out if you think about each team's mascot - though in the Carolina case, thinking of the mascot as shown on their baseball caps, for example (i.e. nickname).
post edited by cecif - 2012/04/13 15:58:48
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10332
Re:Weekend in South Carolina 2012/04/13 16:33:25 (permalink)
cecif

Foodbme

cecif

I just have zero friggin' clue how I missed this report the first time around! Of course I loved it, BB.
Missed a good opportunity to tell my USC/USC joke too (well, not exactly a joke, but funny...). SIGH.
(And fergoshaskes, I had no idea you and Nancy had not met til then!)

My daughter graduated from USC in CA. She now lives in TN and has acquired a TN Twang. People there ask her how she liked living in Colombia, SC. I'd like to hear your story!

Well, the timing is gone... but I will say that it is definitely 'R'-rated, and you can figure it out if you think about each team's mascot - though in the Carolina case, thinking of the mascot as shown on their baseball caps, for example (i.e. nickname).

Grab
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
Re:Weekend in South Carolina 2012/05/10 23:29:19 (permalink)
PK's had quite a following here in Spartanburg for the short time it was open.  I went several times and was a fan of the food there.  According to the local paper.  Miss Peggy had some health problems and decided running a restaurant was too much for her.  If anyone is in this area, let me know and I'll be glad to tell you about some of the local favorites.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
Re:Weekend in South Carolina 2012/05/11 13:46:55 (permalink)
Grab-
Thanks so much for the reply.  I was really hoping Miss Peggy had just retired.  If anyone deserved it, it was her.

I don't have any plans to be in the area anytime soon,but would love to see your recommendations anyway!
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1