The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Well here we Go!

insideout414

• Total Posts: 1
Well here we Go! Sun, 01/19/14 9:34 PM (permalink)

This may end up being a long on :).

My better half and myself have been kicking back and forth about wanting to get into food service. I will say more her than me as she loves it. We watched her mother try the same dream and failed. It was a heart breaker but her dad wasn't on board  but thats a story for another day.

So we have realized an actual one location building just isn't going to happen. The cost is just way to great and the area I live in the home town just will not support it.
We have been doing our research on the mobile food service/concession side of things. We travel around the state going to different events and swaps and just think a mobile trailer would do us great. Well as it stands right now I'll be picking up a trailer on Wendsday.

It is a hard sided pop up camper that we are going to convert. I might add I'm really looking forward to this.  Now I have the sink information down as I know that is a must and I will be doing that first off.  Where I run into my problem is the actual HD codes. The ones from the Missouri web site have struck me a greek and then I know each county may have a added set.
So  my questions are this
1. When is a commercial hood needed?  I know those are costly.

2. When figuring food cost how do you add the utility cost into it?

3.Has anyone here converted a pop up camper into a food service trailer and do you have pictures? BTW the one I will be getting is 19' with a 14'outside area 6'4" wide.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
    Re:Well here we Go! Mon, 01/20/14 1:28 AM (permalink)
    insideout414

This may end up being a long on :).
    My better half and myself have been kicking back and forth about wanting to get into food service. I will say more her than me as she loves it. We watched her mother try the same dream and failed. It was a heart breaker but her dad wasn't on board  but thats a story for another day.
    So we have realized an actual one location building just isn't going to happen. The cost is just way to great and the area I live in the home town just will not support it.
    We have been doing our research on the mobile food service/concession side of things. We travel around the state going to different events and swaps and just think a mobile trailer would do us great. Well as it stands right now I'll be picking up a trailer on Wendsday.
    It is a hard sided pop up camper that we are going to convert. I might add I'm really looking forward to this.  Now I have the sink information down as I know that is a must and I will be doing that first off.  Where I run into my problem is the actual HD codes. The ones from the Missouri web site have struck me a greek and then I know each county may have a added set.
    So  my questions are this
    1. When is a commercial hood needed?  I know those are costly.
    2. When figuring food cost how do you add the utility cost into it?
    3.Has anyone here converted a pop up camper into a food service trailer and do you have pictures? BTW the one I will be getting is 19' with a 14'outside area 6'4" wide.

Before you spend a dime, I'd check to see if a Pop-up will even qualify as a commercial food service vehicle. I don't think it does in most states,.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com