The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club Sandwich

HotDogHead

• Total Posts: 665
Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club Sandwich Wed, 02/9/11 3:05 PM (permalink)
Has anyone tried the latest Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club?  http://wendys.com/food/Product.jsp?family=2&product=81 I have seen it advertised on TV the past few days.  Looks pretty good.  Wendy's has been hit or miss since Dave left but I like to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I posted another thread out here regarding their new fries (thanks for all the feedback by the way; I'm in agreement with most of you, not very impressive). 

Anyway, my husband is making a Wendy's "run" for lunch and asked me if I wanted anything.  I am going to try the new sandwich.  I'll report back my findings.  Wish me luck.
<message edited by HotDogHead on Wed, 02/9/11 3:08 PM>

HotDogHead

• Total Posts: 665
    Re:Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club Sandwich Wed, 02/9/11 7:25 PM (permalink)
    The results: 

I was very pleased; actually.  Considering my husband went to the drive-thru and drove home in subzero weather; the sandwich arrived quite warm, almost hot actually.  They offered 3 options for chicken; spicy, homestyle or grilled.  He got me the homestyle.

First, it was a big sandwich.  I cut it in half.  The chicken was perfectly cooked.  The veggies; lettuce and tomatoes, nice and crisp.  The bacon; surprisingly well cooked and very tasty.  The cheese, tasty.  The bun was very good (almost like a local bakery quality).  The ranch sauce complimented all the flavours very well.  I have to say I was very pleased.  Thumbs up on this one Wendy's. 

P.S.  Warmed up the half I didn't eat at lunch in the microwave (not a normal occurence for me).  It was still very good.  Husband even came into the kitchen and asked what smelled so good.

This made up for several "hiccups" I have had with Wendy's before.

That's just my 2-cents worth on a fast food excursion.

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
      Re:Wendy's Asiago Ranch Chicken Club Sandwich Thu, 02/10/11 12:16 AM (permalink)
      I am boycotting them in protest over this. This is like 3 ingredients away from my beloved Monterey Ranch Chicken. Bring it back already, Wendy's!!!

(I am glad you enjoyed your sandwich. Lent is coming & they have a pretty good fish sandwich.)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com