Wendy's Being cheap

Author
Xfireguy
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 105
2006/03/19 14:04:43 (permalink)

Wendy's Being cheap

Is it a new policy or is the Wendy's I go to just being cheap? Everytime I order a burger with bacon on it, it only comes w/ one slice. This has happened the last 3 times I went there. Anyone else have this problem at their Wendy's?

11 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15307
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/03/19 15:27:53 (permalink)

We have a thread about Wendy's reducing the quality and quantity of their food. I am going to move this to join it.
    AL
    ham-b-guy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/10 21:45:08 (permalink)
    Every time I ate at Wendy's, I would nevver receive what I wanted. I ask for a hamburger, they give me a bacon cheesebuger. Plus, I would always receive my bugers slopped up. The last time I ate Wendy's, It had my stomach hurting for 24 hours. Unfortunately besides MC and BK, This is the only restaurant around Detroit. I call it food poisoning slopped up for 99 cents
    desdoa
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/29 13:23:30 (permalink)
    I freakin hate Wendy's. They always screw up the order and things are always missing. It's really pissing when you come home and your fries are missing or there's no sauces when you SPECIFICALLY asked for it 2 times. The food tastes alright but the service is horrible. My friends like Wendy's so I always try to give it a chance, check my bag before I leave the drive-thru but somehow they always manage to piss me off by making me go back and because they forgot I asked for no freakin mayo! And their food is always cold, especially their fries. I'm thinking of making an official complaint.
    SassyGritsAL
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1089
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/29 15:29:36 (permalink)
    I have gotten into the habit of checking my bag before I drive off from the drive-thru and I can't tell you how many times I've discovered missing orders. At lunch today after ordering 2 orders of Apple Slices at McDonald's sure enough when I looked in the bag there was only one order of apples, but 2 carmel dips.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/29 21:40:20 (permalink)
    the burgers claim to be freshly made, but why are mine almost always served lukewarm?!?

I rarely go there much anymore; I need to be in a real fix..

I thought their burger was so boring last time I had it.
    Poverty Pete
    • Total Posts : 2314
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/29 21:50:57 (permalink)
    Go ahead. Make an official complaint. You know what will happen. They'll give you a coupon for a free bag of cold fries.
    V960
    • Total Posts : 2429
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/30 10:51:09 (permalink)
    Simple solution...park the car and go inside.
    Mack184
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 252
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/30 12:42:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by V960

I have found that whether it's Wendy's, McD's, BK or whoever, when you place an order at the drive-thru, the voice on the other end is much more interested in making whatever you order a "Combo" or "King Size" or "Super Size" than they are in listening to what you want to order. So once they ask that question they are no longer hearing what you are odering until you answer the all important question of up-sizing. I have found that if I do indeed park the car, and go in and order face to face, I have almost no trouble in getting what I want. Just my expereince, but it seems to work.
    Ashphalt
    • Total Posts : 1644
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/30 13:41:11 (permalink)
    Agreed. Drive-thru and I have never gotten along. Should have know the first time I tried one, a Burger King in Hadley, MA. They were having trouble getting the orders out so they told me to park and they'd bring it out.

As for order screw-ups, for a brief time I worked near the Transportation Building on Boylston Street in Boston and would occasionally hit the food court. Loved going to the D'Angelo's (local sub chain) because I always got to try something different, and got to spend the rest of my lunch hour trying to guess who got the tuna with the hot peppers (my order).
    V960
    • Total Posts : 2429
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/30 16:37:57 (permalink)
    I go inside for a completely different reason.

"I'd like a sausage biscuit and some hot sauce"

"Arggh farff two snagg garll"

"Beg your pardon?"

"Aggg snaool nwweell pergooo?"

"Never mind I'm coming in."
    TwoJays
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 200
    RE: Wendy's Being cheap 2006/08/31 18:15:34 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mack184

quote:
    Originally posted by V960

I have found that whether it's Wendy's, McD's, BK or whoever, when you place an order at the drive-thru, the voice on the other end is much more interested in making whatever you order a "Combo" or "King Size" or "Super Size" than they are in listening to what you want to order. So once they ask that question they are no longer hearing what you are odering until you answer the all important question of up-sizing. I have found that if I do indeed park the car, and go in and order face to face, I have almost no trouble in getting what I want. Just my expereince, but it seems to work.

Ain't that the truth! I **usually** go inside for my order, unless it's pouring rain or I have a very simple order.

As Leo Getz (Joe Pesci) put it in "Lethal Weapon 2":

"They $%# you at the drive-thru, okay? They $%# you at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got $%#ed! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets $%#ed? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a $%#! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?”

John
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1