The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Wendys Frosty question for Y'all

BigDave67

• Total Posts: 81
Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 08/8/07 10:44 AM (permalink)
Do You prefer the Chocolate or Vanilla Frosty? I prefer the Chocolate.

Big Ugly Mich

• Total Posts: 1302
    RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 08/8/07 10:57 AM (permalink)
    Vanilla for me, but that's not why I do Wendy's. I like not getting fries with my "meal" in favor of a salad or baked spudato.

BigDave67

• Total Posts: 81
      RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 08/8/07 10:59 AM (permalink)
      I enjoy the baked potatoes also,with some Chili.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
        RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 08/8/07 6:06 PM (permalink)
        Chocolate.

jvsmom

• Total Posts: 462
          RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 08/8/07 6:21 PM (permalink)
          Is Vanilla new? Or regional? I havent' been to a Wendy's in a while, but I don't think Vanilla is available around here.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 08/8/07 6:31 PM (permalink)
            Vanilla

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
              RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Thu, 08/9/07 12:15 AM (permalink)
              They just started carrying vanilla Frostys around here (Colo) recently. I never remember and just order a Frosty and they always get a little annoyed when asking me vanilla or chocolate.

buffetbuster

RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Thu, 08/9/07 12:45 AM (permalink)
                It has been so long since I have been to a Wendy's, I had no idea that both flavors were even available.

iceomat

• Total Posts: 97
                  RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sat, 08/11/07 2:20 PM (permalink)
                  They also now have a Frosty float made with your choice of soda. They're very good!

patmac

• Total Posts: 18
                    RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sat, 08/11/07 2:30 PM (permalink)
                    Chocolate - all the way. I tried the Vanilla, but was disappointed.

Big Ugly Mich

RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sun, 08/12/07 2:16 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by iceomat They also now have a Frosty float made with your choice of soda. They're very good!
                      One thing I've always wanted to try, but never found, is a sundae topped with the syrup that fountain sodas use.

TooPhat

• Total Posts: 121
                        RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sun, 08/12/07 2:44 AM (permalink)
                        I've had the frosty float a couple times, it is really good. Never been a big fan of either flavor frosty.
                        Pam

Quartz

• Total Posts: 153
                          RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sun, 08/19/07 11:23 AM (permalink)
                          Vanilla if I can bare it

Yankeesfan

• Total Posts: 155
                            RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sun, 08/19/07 11:31 PM (permalink)
                            I've twice recently tried Wendy's float with root beer and vanilla -- it's very good! But slightly messy as it tends to fizz up and run over a bit.

jailguard

• Total Posts: 35
                              RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 09/12/07 3:33 PM (permalink)
                              How about getting fries with the frosty and dipping the fries in it?? Sounds disgusting but my kids do it and they love it.

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
                                RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 09/12/07 3:54 PM (permalink)
                                I tried it as a result of this thread. IMO the vanilla eas not that great as it has a lot of ice crystals in the mix. I then got a chocolate wich was not as good as I remembered either. IMO, it was never that great, but is now not as good. It is all a function of the mix and the freezing. IMO McD does a better job. They use the same mix for both the soft serv and the shakes, and I think that the mix has more butterfat than the Wendys mix.....it sure tastes creamier.

ScottyKage

• Total Posts: 25
                                  RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Sun, 11/4/07 2:40 PM (permalink)
                                  A few years ago, Westland, MI was having a Strawberry festival and the Wendy's had a limited edition Strawberry frosty that was awesome. I went back a week later, gone and never been back.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1066
                                    RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Tue, 11/6/07 9:59 AM (permalink)
                                    I like the chocolate best,but the vanilla's alright and I like the float they have.
                                    ScottyKage,funny you could get a strawberry frosty.Surprised none of the San Antonio Wendy's have had strawberry or peach frostys.
                                    I say that because Poteet has a strawberry festival every year,and in fact at www.roadsideamerica.com they should have a photo of the big Poteet strawberry.In fact,I think the watertower in town is painted like a big strawberry.
                                    Fredricksburg,Tx is home to the Chester A.Nimitz Museum of the Pacific.They also have a peach festival there and as well in the neighboring town of Stonewall.Admiral Nimitz was from Fredricksburg
                                    and his family ran the hotel there.
                                    You can also see on the Roadside America website,the Seguin,Tx.pecan,
                                    They had an article in the paper about Pape's Pecan House(they raise buy and sell pecans) building an even bigger one for their business.

qwerty79

• Total Posts: 165
                                      RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Tue, 11/6/07 10:17 AM (permalink)
                                      jailguard- My brother does the same thing!

I like the new frosty with the oreo mix ins. Does anyone think that the frosty has changed over the past few years. You used to be able to suck a frosty up a straw. The last few times I've had a frosty they don't even give you a straw anymore, just a spoon. I had one last week and it was more like ice cream, no ice crystals at all. It was actually pretty good, but I thought the point of the frosty was to be like a really thick shake, so you could drink it while driving. I had a friend in high school who worked at wendy's, and said that they used to sell ice cream, long ago, but when they put in drive through windows people didn't buy ice cream so much because you couldn't eat while driving, so they came up with the frosty. Don't know if the story is true but thats what he told me.

I prefer the chocolate.

Big Ugly Mich

RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Tue, 11/6/07 11:08 AM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by qwerty79 I like the new frosty with the oreo mix ins.
                                        I'd do vanilla with any fruit mix-ins imaginable. Apple, blueberry, strawberry, pumpkin, and those are just the ones that grow around here. Junior, are you listening? I understand you had to take the salad bars down because some doofus asked a kid if the jello was vegetarian. Said kid, thinking that the jello had fruit in it but no meat, said yes. Doofus hired a lawyer and sued. Any vegetarian knows that NO jello is vegetarian, as jello is made from animal protein (usually from hooves, teeth, and similar non-meat sources, but still animal), but Wendy's isn't that big that it can fight all this jive, which is why they get nailed by every fast-buck scam artist.

qwerty79

• Total Posts: 165
                                          RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Tue, 11/6/07 11:39 AM (permalink)
                                          Big Ugly Mich- Yeah, I wish they would have more different types of mix ins. The oreo is good but the m&m one could break a tooth because the m&m's freeze when you mix them in. Vanilla with fruit would be good. Speaking of law suits, my dad ordered a taco salad a few years ago, the one with the chili, he ate most of it and only had a few bites left. He looks at the bottom of the bowl and sees a pin. It was off of someones uniform. Thank God he saw it before he put it in his mouth!

yummytarts22

• Total Posts: 3
                                            RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Wed, 11/7/07 8:40 PM (permalink)
                                            chocolate!! mmm..i love their frostys!!

promorobot

• Total Posts: 2
                                              RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Thu, 01/17/08 2:42 PM (permalink)
                                              Chocolate...and ask for a packet of slivered almonds to mix in! They're free.

PTR

unstoppabel

• Total Posts: 12
                                                RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Thu, 02/7/08 6:07 AM (permalink)
                                                Won't eat them anymore. My son knocked one over on the kitchen counter and left it overnight. In the morning I found a mix of gum and foam that convinced me never to eat one again

myterry2

• Total Posts: 526
                                                  RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Thu, 02/7/08 6:43 AM (permalink)
                                                  Give me an old fashion milk shake over a whatever frosty!

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1937
                                                    RE: Wendys Frosty question for Y'all Thu, 02/7/08 7:35 AM (permalink)
                                                    Chocolate Frosty always. The vanilla tastes too artificial.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                      • No New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                      • Read Message
                                                      • Post New Thread
                                                      • Reply to message
                                                      • Post New Poll
                                                      • Submit Vote
                                                      • Post reward post
                                                      • Delete my own posts
                                                      • Delete my own threads
                                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com