Hot!What Goes On Your Burger?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 9
Author
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/13 22:51:20 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tyler

With due respect to you all, the only cheese on a 'true' cheeseburger should be American cheese. This is 'Roadfood' we're talkin', right?

I've tried burgers at restaurants all over this country with many, many types of cheeses. I still prefer American cheese on a Cheeseburger, and that's the only way I order them now or make them at home.
hotdogger
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 88
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/13 22:53:13 (permalink)
If I could only put one thing on my burger it would be a nice thick slice of RAW onion. If there is no onion on my burger I just can't enjoy it. Everything else is secondary.
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2888
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/14 04:24:24 (permalink)
Here in California, bacon-avocado burgers are popular...best with cheddar cheese. Also chili burgers...but they put mustard on the chili burger, which I find odious. As for patty stuffings, I tried a trick mentioned on another thread...putting a pat of butter in the center of the raw patty and it made one heck of a juicy burger.
Marsh
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/14 13:12:43 (permalink)
As long as you put in on the griddle with TexJoy steak or other seasoning, a ground chuck patty that is 20% fat, season first so as the meat won't stick, the buns Mrs Baird's jumbo, spread oleo on the cut side of bun and place on griddle to toast to golden brown. The grilled or electric skillet should be 375 or 400 degrees. Cook until blood stops oozing out, and do not mash the patty! It should be juicy and dripping with delicious juice. Dress the burger with the onions next to the meat, add cheddar cheese to the other side of patty, the rest is up to you, add dill pickles, tomato, lettuce, real mayo and ballpark mustard, etc.. Bacon and hickory sauce are good alternative to the above.
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/14 21:04:31 (permalink)
From what I've seen here in West Michigan, and even cooking at restraunts in the past, most popular seems to be the "Deluxe" (Lettuce Tomato Mayo), Your other popular choice is "Everything" (Ketchup, or is that Catsup, Mustard, Pickles and onions)... Cheese of course for those wanting more flavor! Only problem with Cheese (American slices served in fast food restraunts) around here is that It tastes like it came from the Salt Galleys of Northern Michigan (YUK, thats YUK to the bland over salted wanabee cheese, not the North County).. But other then that, Bacon Cheeseburger comes in after the above, then the occasional olive burger...
marberthenad
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 509
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/14 21:22:38 (permalink)
Anyone have an opinion on what goes on a DC/Maryland/Virginia area burger? I haven't seen any regional variations, although if I could invent one it would be a surf and turf burger ....

Personally, I like a burger without a bun, but lathered in hot sauce and covered with an onion.
Pwingsx
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2170
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/15 01:46:41 (permalink)
Hotdogger,

I sure agree about the raw onion. Grilled, caramelized onions make me sick to my stomach (I know that's sacrilegious to some).

Maybe some mayo/mustard with that.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5475
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/15 03:05:53 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tyler

With due respect to you all, the only cheese on a 'true' cheeseburger should be American cheese. This is 'Roadfood' we're talkin', right?

Right On, Bro! I even specified Kraft American Cheese in my post.

MikeS.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/15 03:09:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by marberthenad

Anyone have an opinion on what goes on a DC/Maryland/Virginia area burger? I haven't seen any regional variations, although if I could invent one it would be a surf and turf burger ....

After 5+ years in this area I can't say that I've noticed a trend here. I like Roy Rogers fixins bar myself. Although I tend not to buy burgers out because of the E.Coli scare and everybody kills the burger anymore.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/11/15 03:14:57 (permalink)
Because of the E. Coli problems and everyone cooking the he11 out of their burgers anymore I tend not to buy one when eating out unless I can get them to cook it medium. Most places won't.

I buy almost all my hamburger at Costco anymore. They grind their own daily and only sell it that day. They have about a 88/12 or even 90/10 mix. I find that I have to use a little oil in the pan when I fry it up. My non-stick pans stick, go figure...

Since you buy in bulk, what I don't use in 2 or 3 days goes into the freezer for spaghetti sauce.

MikeS.
saltypepper
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/12/26 14:28:56 (permalink)
Maybe I am strange,but I like just a little mustard,raw onion and ranch dressing on my burgers.
olphart
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 289
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2003/12/30 20:24:45 (permalink)
Another vote for bacon and blue cheese.
Flame broiled patty cooked rare(e-coil be damned).
Kaiser roll.
Cajun fries on the side.
Sushi_Girl
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/07 16:58:24 (permalink)
I like my burger grilled very very rare im talking run it through a warm room. a big old onion roll, on the bottom ketchup, a big juicy tomato slice, than the burger and than mustard, pickles, onions lettuce and than the top bun. Sometimes i make my burgers with cheese, and it has to be sharp cheddar..and sometimes i put grilled onions, or an avacado slice. My husband likes his with mayo...but i cant take that on mine,,ick
CheeseWit
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/07 17:49:49 (permalink)
What goes on my burger?? My top and bottom teeth!
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 844
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/07 20:10:02 (permalink)
Are they in your mouth at the time ??
stridge
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/09 12:32:09 (permalink)
In our neck of the woods we put Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce on our burgers,when we can find someone with enough forethought to buy a bottle or two.
I don't know why we like it so much, it's just hopped up Katsup, but once a person tries it there is no turning back.
I have been known to place cheese on a burger, but I have to have sharp cheese.
We (royal we) like any kind of mustard except yellow French's
misterzerox
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/17 11:39:54 (permalink)
I like two slices of bread and butter pickle sandwich slices, a thin slice of Vidalia onion or red onion and ketchup. Of course, that's when I could eat a whole burger. I can only eat a couple bites now, no bun.
lamertz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 290
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/17 21:19:55 (permalink)
Here in Jimmy Buffet country we say "I like mine with lettuce and
tomato,Heinz 57 and french fried potato" But down here in the Keys,I prefer fish.
I love burgers any way you got them. When I lived in Michigan,I ate them with chopped olives and mayo. When I lived in rural Indiana I ate them with mustard and pickle. As an aside,I used to go to a local place that served a sort of burger called a Hurry Burger which
was a loose meat concoction on a mini rye bun with chopped onions. It was superb.
gozergoz
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/18 04:45:39 (permalink)
In East Lansing, Michigan(spartan country) there is a bar&grill that goes by the name Crunchies. They make the best burgers I've ever had, from teriyaki burgers(slice of pineapple and teriyaki sause) black and blue burgers(blue cheese dressing and cajun spice) atomic burgers(cayanne pepper mix and tabasco) mushroom burgers, etc. They are just the right kind of greasy and they are served with a basket of potato chips you eat the burgers over to catch the grease and make for an especially unhealthy but delicious night out.
Martha-Girl
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 48
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/19 21:20:49 (permalink)
Mr. M-G takes the patty, and either spreads Pickapeppa sauce or Worchestershire on both sides along with a little garlic salt before grilling. Makes a nice combo with what the kids refer to as the "white cheeses": provolone or swiss. I just add mayo & garlic dills when it comes to the table.

When they're in season (I know techically you can find sweet onions all year, but nothing beats a fresh Vidalia) we slice up a Vidalia and put in heavy aluminum foil along with some butter and beef bouillion. Seal it well and put it on the grill for about 20 minutes turning frequently. It makes a gooey mess on the burgers but its worth the cleanup.
lamertz
Cheeseburger
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/19 22:26:15 (permalink)
I lived in Howell MI for a couple of years.My middle school years. Still have some family there. Nice little town when I was there. They still have some great mom and pop places with great sliders.
lamertz
Cheeseburger
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/20 17:59:13 (permalink)
Do all the Michigan burger joints serve olives. I t's been the only place I've been where the chopped olive salad was available. Love it.
BTW--been to the Melon Fest? It used to be a good one.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13548
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/20 18:13:28 (permalink)
I was driving up I-5 in California toward Reading and in the heart of the Olive tree area, I exited to a wonderful Olive store. I do not know the name of it but I am sure "The Mayor" does. They had ever Olive know to man and samples of every kind.

After sampling each of these, I bought a sampler case which consisted of Olives stuffed with garlic, sausage, onions and Gods knows what else.

Before leaving I bought a olive burger in their food section. It was a ordinary burger but the black olives really brought a different taste.

I have stopped at that site twice. It was close to Redding, CA

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2888
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/21 20:35:00 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

Home of the famed Howell melon.

I used to recruit at Howell High School. Been through there many a time.

Tailors recruit? How are the scholarships?
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/25 01:16:51 (permalink)

A hamburger by Senor,

Cook the patty. Splash a generous amount of soy sauce on it. Cook it medium well.

Toast the bread, Me, I like a toasted bun, but Texas toast is OK.

Condiments, mayonnaise. Not miracle whip, not salad dressing, mayonnaise.

SWEET pickle,dill is OK on a commercial burger, not on my personal sandwich.

Onion, chopped or whole.

Cheddar cheese or Monterrey Jack cheese, melted on the meat when placed together.

Place together and eat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What we in the south called a Krystal Burger, you Yankees call a White Castle or a "slider" (which I find sickening), tell them not to put mustard on the small burger, then squeeze a small amount of ketchup to them. This meat is too low grade for mayonnaise anyway. Pay the extra 5 cents a burger and put cheese on them. Really the only time someone should eat this garbage is after a hard night of boozing and this joint is the only place open in town.

Senor

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18882
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/25 16:20:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by senor boogie woogie

What we in the south called a Krystal Burger, you Yankees call a White Castle or a "slider" (which I find sickening), tell them not to put mustard on the small burger, then squeeze a small amount of ketchup to them. This meat is too low grade for mayonnaise anyway. Pay the extra 5 cents a burger and put cheese on them. Really the only time someone should eat this garbage is after a hard night of boozing and this joint is the only place open in town.

Senor

What you in the South call a Krystal Burger is just that -- a Krystal Burger. It is sold only at a chain of southern outlets called Krystal. White Castle's are from a chain established long before Krystal, by the way, known as White Castle. In addition to the common appelation of Slider, White Castle's are also known as Belly-Bombs. I prefer mine with mustard, no pickles. While there was a time when I would get White Castle cheeseburgers, I no longer do. I used to get cheeseburgers because they wrapped them in wax paper, which would keep them warm longer for trips home. As they no longer do that, I just order Castles. One of the advantages I find in eating Castles instead of Krystal burgers is the fact that I've never been made ill by a Castle, which is not something I can honestly say about a Krystal.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18882
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/26 11:09:02 (permalink)
quote:

"the meat is too low-grade for mayo"

is that what he said? what does that mean?
That's what he said. I cannot imagine what it means.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/26 13:40:59 (permalink)
quote:

Oh, ET, you are such a card. You need to be dealt with.

Heh heh heh.

Previous career. Assitant Director of Admissions. University of Somewhere.

So clothier--when you and University split did they put a "Dont tell anyone you worked for US!!" clause in the settlement
vindelicato
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/26 15:01:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stridge

In our neck of the woods we put Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce on our burgers,when we can find someone with enough forethought to buy a bottle or two.
I don't know why we like it so much, it's just hopped up Katsup, but once a person tries it there is no turning back.

Ditto for me on the Country Bob's! I love the stuff. When I make my personal burgers at home (with self-ground beef) I use a little Country Bob's, a little black pepper, and a smidge of mayo.

However, here in the Northern VA/DC metro area, real hamburger joints (Foster's Grille in Vienna/Manassas/Warrenton/Haymarket and Five Guys in Arlington/Woodbridge) let the customers choose which toppings they want. My favorite combo of toppings is at Five Guys--sauteed onions, fresh sliced jalepeno peppers, and cheese.
vindelicato
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2004/01/26 15:05:02 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman
One of the advantages I find in eating Castles instead of Krystal burgers is the fact that I've never been made ill by a Castle, which is not something I can honestly say about a Krystal.

I have to second that. My bout of stomach distress after eating just one Krystal makes me wince every time I see their logo on a "FOOD" information sign on the interstate. Give me a Slider (or 10) any day!
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 9
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1