Hot!What Goes On Your Burger?

Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 8 of 9
Author
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 12:00:25 (permalink)
I don't get around to making them very often, but my favorite is a "Layback" burger.

beet
lettuce
curried ketchup & grilled onions, peppers and tomatoes
split grilled sausage
fried egg
bacon
american cheese
1/2-lb. burger
4 slices dill pickle
split, toasted, buttered kaiser roll

This was the signature burger at a hole-in-the-wall place down by the tracks in Hallandale, FL in the early '80s called the Billabong. (there have been other restaurants in Broward County of the same name, but this was the original) The owner was a colorful Aussie. He would not even comment on his recipes, but with a bit of deconstruction, I think I got it right.
matilda
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 667
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 12:34:41 (permalink)
Duke's mayo on both buns
Mustard on bottom bun
Ketchup on top bun
then:
Patty
Salt
Pepper
Cheese
Onions
Tomato
Salt
Pepper
Lettuce
Pickles (Kosher Dill Hamburger Slices) (I don't like the Plain Hamburger Slices, they taste like metal)

OR:

Duke's Mayo on both buns
Patty
Salt
Pepper
Mozzarella
Sauteed Mushrooms

AND:

Not being a snob, I'm open to suggestions for others!!
phatphil
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 670
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 17:00:57 (permalink)
ketchup, diced onions, and wheresyoursistersauce
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4276
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 17:38:11 (permalink)
At home I put the burger on a toasted bun and spoon a dab of Mezzetta's Sweet Bell Pepper Relish on every bite.

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

When we go out I order the burger with a slab of vidalia onion only and dribble some A-1 Sauce on every bite. If they don't have A-1, I pour Lea & Perrins Worchestershire in a saucer and do a little dip before every bite. If neither of those are available I just get up and leave!
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 18:03:50 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

I order my Culver's Butterburger in the Jumbo format..with the Works minus lettuce and pickle. I find it easier to do the minus thing than list all the add-ons. They make a really good burger.

There is a Culver's in McKinney, TX that doesn't do as well as it should because of a poor location. I first went there bacause the Dallas Observer named it "Best Burger". The publisher must own the franchise!

They do serve a good (but not Dallas' Best) burger, though. When there I get it with sweet pickle relish only - delicious with the thin, crisp patty.

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 18:25:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dannybotz

Ive been on a Five Guys kick lately!! its a double with cheese, fried onions, pickles, ketchup, and mustard with a side of awesome fries!!

Here's my way at the Guys: double, no cheese, grilled onions, grilled shrooms, and x-tra A-1 sauce.

I only wish they'd give you the option to get your burger served unwrapped on a paper plate. Getting fries and a wrapped burger with untoasted bun in a poke makes for soggy bread. And I HATE soggy bread!
johnnymolson
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 90
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 18:50:37 (permalink)
I'm living in Ontario, Canada.

I prefer mustard, relish, and ketchup on top of a cheeseburger. If there's not cheese, I sometimes add mayo to the list of condiments. Occasionally, some hot peppers find their way into the mix.

Majority of the time though, it's mustard, relish, and ketchup.
Big_g
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 374
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/23 18:52:13 (permalink)
Toasted bun, 1/3#, flat grilled, grilled onions,cheddar or swiss, mustard, catsup, dill slices and my mouth....YUM!
coasterdog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/30 20:40:02 (permalink)
recently I have been making square patties at home with ground grass-fed organic beef. I griddle the salted and peppered squares in my cast iron skillet on a small pile of minced shallots. I flip them and it is a beautiful sight to behold - the shallots have darkly caramelized into the face of the patty. I add Monterey Jack, a splash of beer to the pan and quickly cover to steam the cheese to a soft goo on the burgers. Then I serve them on crispy toasted buns with ketchup, mustard, sliced pickles, mayo, shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Yum!
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/30 20:41:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by coasterdog

recently I have been making square patties at home with ground grass-fed organic beef. I griddle the salted and peppered squares in my cast iron skillet on a small pile of minced shallots. I flip them and it is a beautiful sight to behold - the shallots have darkly caramelized into the face of the patty. I add Monterey Jack, a splash of beer to the pan and quickly cover to steam the cheese to a soft goo on the burgers. Then I serve them on crispy toasted buns with ketchup, mustard, sliced pickles, mayo, shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Yum!

How do you square them, Coasterdog?
And welcome
mland520
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 485
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/30 21:10:01 (permalink)
I like mine with grilled onions, a nice slice of cheese- usually swiss, a little Russian dessing and grilled mushrooms. My other half likes them with mayo, onion and tomato and sometimes cheese,
LoveMyLab
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 150
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2007/12/30 21:52:33 (permalink)
If the burger is freshly ground and hand formed, then seared with crust on the outside and flowing in juices on the inside. Then, I want as little as possible on the burger.

If the burger is dry or frozen or grilled as fast food; then I want as many sauces, condiments, and veggies as possible.

But pickles, sweet or dill, are a must!

Laura
Rustywolf
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 176
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/01/10 13:26:18 (permalink)
A big slice of raw, white onion. And good luck in getting that idiotically simple order filled at a restaurant today. Either the onion is red, or it only comes in a Sam's Club bag full of hacked-up bits, or they don't have any onions, or the cook can't slice the one onion on the premises for that purpose of your request, or the answer is just plain "Duh."
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18889
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/01/10 13:37:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by coasterdog

Yum!

Except for the organic part, and the catsup, pickles, lettuce and tomato that sounds terrific.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6349
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/01/11 17:59:42 (permalink)
Hi,
My favorite GOURMET burger is one that has a borbon-mushroom sauce generously poured on a half pound of ground steak quality beef and melted swiss!
leethebard
Greyghost
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1336
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/01/11 18:12:10 (permalink)
Make mine rare with about half a pound of lean beef, topped with Cabot's cheddar and Col Newsome's bacon on a hard roll. This is what is known as perfection.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/04/29 12:12:51 (permalink)
Since WJ has brought up California burgers, I thought it timely to bring up this OLD thread
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/04/29 16:26:06 (permalink)
Good idea...then I'd like to add that my hamburger of choice lately is a Jack Daniel's burger at T.G.I.Fridays.
Slim Strummer
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 233
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/04/29 16:43:42 (permalink)
My choice lately has been the Stunt DBL Cheeseburger from Uburger on Beacon St. in Boston. It has double patty, pepperjack cheese, banana peppers and jalapenos. Sometimes I will smear ketchup or mayo on it as each bite may dictate.

Otherwise, mozzarella, two-three pickle chips, mayo, mustard, lettuce and onions (grilled or not).
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/04/29 16:51:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Slim Strummer

My choice lately has been the Stunt DBL Cheeseburger from Uburger on Beacon St. in Boston. It has double patty, pepperjack cheese, banana peppers and jalapenos. Sometimes I will smear ketchup or mayo on it as each bite may dictate.

Otherwise, mozzarella, two-three pickle chips, mayo, mustard, lettuce and onions (grilled or not).

peppers and pepperjack in boston?! who knew
gsquared81
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/02 12:45:14 (permalink)
Cheese
Ketchup
Mustard
Mayo
Slaw
Onions
Chilli
flyseye
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 470
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/02 16:20:01 (permalink)
I see the " miracle of google search " has struck yet again in this thread.And for no less than the 4th time. Interesting.
leethebard
Sirloin
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/02 17:03:20 (permalink)
Almost any topping served .....our condiment preference around here is ketchup...In fact growing up in North Jersey I remember as a young adult going to McDonalds(in my crazier days) and seeing both ketchup and mustard on the same burger...I was shocked to discover people actually did that ...on purpose. Live and learn!!!!!
Wandering Chew
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 121
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/24 22:48:34 (permalink)
start with a toasted o grilled sesame bun, mayo on the bottom, slice of onion, then put burger right on onion ketchup, 1 slice thin tomato if ripe othewise dont bother, 1 sheet of lettuce ketchup on top bun- key is fresh beef flattned out- not too thick and grill it- leave it alone till crust forms- flip once and let crust form-YUM
Guilty One
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 204
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/24 23:54:17 (permalink)
A few years ago I ordered a Black and Blue Burger because I liked the name and I always try new things.

So much for that. I haven't ordered any other kind since.
Good blue cheese with tomato and red onions, maybe a very slight coat of mayo and ketchup if at all.

I don't know why I had never had it previously but it's had quite a run. I think I'm ready for a change.
boyardee65
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1460
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/25 00:49:53 (permalink)
I like mine with onion, lettuce, tomato, and two slices of cheese. I will try it like that first and if it needs anything else I will add a little steak sauce and mayo. I really don't like pickles on my burger but will take a few spears on the side. For me, mustard is reserved for Franks!! Sometimes I will make a sauce of ketchup and mayo with a little sweet relish (really helps with a dry burger.) At home I don't have that problem because I make them medium rare. Some of the places here won't let me order them less than medium. J.M.H.O.

David O.
OliverB
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/25 08:50:14 (permalink)
Depends what kind of burger...

Backyard barbecue, usually just some steak spices, ketchup/bbq sauce and a grilled sesame seed bun. More often than not american/swiss cheese too. And you'd be surprised how complimentary some crumbled up country bbq chips could be as a topping!

If I'm in the mood, I'll throw on some hot pickled peppers, thin sliced half sour, dab of mustard and relish too.

There have been odd times in which I've been known to sautee some onions as well. That's usually only when I'm grilling over the gas burner in winter or cooking 'em up in a frying pan which is rare.

Unless I'm in a restaurant, I don't go for the lettuce/tomato routine.
yodeler
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/27 21:19:28 (permalink)
The best burger in this area (south western NY - as far over as you can get) is at the See Zurh House at Bemus Point, NY. I can't describe the "burgerness" that enriches every bite. Cooked to order from 1/2 pound of angus beef, I take mine with american cheese, a big slice of raw onion, kethup and mustard. It is heaven on earth. NOthing else is required.
seatown76
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 379
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/05/27 21:26:13 (permalink)
Just tried this last night after grilling some burgers. I took a nice sweet Vidalia Onion and cored out the middle and placed a couple tablespoons of butter along with grill seasoning and wrapped it in foil and threw it on the grill while I cooked the burgers and steaks.

After it was all done I made a burger with melted swiss and the grilled onions from the bbq. It was REALLY GOOD!!!
Baconheart
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: What Goes On Your Burger? 2008/06/07 20:29:19 (permalink)
First of all, there needs to be a logical order of how and where things go onto a burger. "Cold condiments on the bottom, and hot condiments on the top."

What I like on my burger is:

(starting from the bottom up)

toasted kaiser roll style bun (from a bakery, nothing out of a plastic bag)
lot's of mayo (Hellmans or Best Foods only)
fresh dill pickle slices
sliced maui onions
beefsteak tomato
shredded iceberg lettuce
1/2 pound beef patty (ground chuck cooked on the griddle, never on the char)
sliced sharp chedder cheese (Tillamook)
sauted mushrooms
applewood bacon strips
Page: << < ..6789 > Showing page 8 of 9
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1