What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately?

Author
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
2010/01/03 15:39:35 (permalink)

What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately?

Dearfolk,
   I posted my list under the "New Posters -- Introduce Yourselves" thread. It was an answer to Greymo's post, who in turn had answered mine (heralding my return, not my newness).
   Now it's y'all's turn. Tell us about what great new beers you've tried lately. I can't wait to see what's on tap in your areas.
      Draftily, Ort. Carlton in Frigid Athens, Georgia.

7 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2295
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 13:40:09 (permalink)
    Ort,   I've been having a blast with all the unique brews in SD.
       Last week, I had a growler of Port's Gift of the Magi.
    It's a Belgian trippel in style, infused with frankinscense and myrrh.
    I don't know what myrrh is, myself, but the brew was rather interesting.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6239
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 13:49:59 (permalink)
    My wife and I are enjoying Blue Moon lately....our regular brew is Yuengling!                                                                   
    Foodosaurus
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 622
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 14:21:04 (permalink)

Harpoon came out with another UFO flavor in the Spring that is still available; UFO White.  It is my new favorite beer.
    improviser
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 865
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 14:57:13 (permalink)
    The only new beer I've had is Bluegrass Brewing Company's "Horse Piss." Picked up a 4-pack while in Kentucky over Christmas. Yes, I bought it solely because of the name.  It wasn't bad, not the tastiest beer I've ever had, but it wasn't swill either.
    Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2979
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 15:22:31 (permalink)
    Here are the good and the bad:

Wegman's has added the beers from Founders and Ommegang. Founder's Breakfast Stout is really excellent, a strong black brew; 8.3% ABV. Founder's Curmudgeon much less so. I didn't like this one much; it tastes like bourbon, like whisky, like a boilermaker. 9.3% ABV, tastes like much more.

Ommegang Three Philosophers Belgian Blend Quadrupel: Nice, strong, complex. 9.8% ABV.

Also, Breckenridge Christmas Ale: Eh. I guess it's OK. But I've cracked 3 of 6 so far, and finished one of them. I keep forgetting I've opened a beer, and notice the half-finished glass 45 minutes later. If that isn't damning mediocrity, I don't know what is.

Victory Hop Devil IPA: Excellent, but I prefer Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Someone else might prefer Hop Devil, so, there you go. 6.7% ABV.

Victory Storm King Stout: Awesome stout. One of my two favorite stouts, the other being Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout.

There you go, those are the most recent.
    hipster006
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 15:56:43 (permalink)
    victory brewery in dowingtown,pa has one called Helios. it is a wild yeast beer and changes the longer it is kept. excellent(and intoxicating!!).
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    Re:What Great New-To-You Beer(s) Have Y'all Had Lately? 2010/01/04 17:52:47 (permalink)
    hipster006

victory brewery in dowingtown,pa has one called Helios. it is a wild yeast beer and changes the longer it is kept. excellent(and intoxicating!!).

Hipster,
       Helios sounds wonderful... but, well, you had to find something new ever since Mount Carbon Brewery closed and you couldn't get Bavarian Type for $4.00 a case (longnecks) anymore. Tee hee.
          Jingling Along With Yuengling (And Wishing For a Lord Chesterfield Ale), Ort. Carlton in That Faraway Outpost Of Yuenglingdom, Athens, Georgia.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1