What Makes A Memorable Dining Experience for YOU?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Theedge
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1196
RE: What Makes A Memorable Dining Experience for YOU? 2004/11/29 16:23:47 (permalink)
Great food and atmosphere of course. But as a person who dines alone often I like a wait staff that is comfortable with that. It actually makes some servers nervous and they feel they have to over compensate by having a conversation with you. Now if their interesting people I have know problem with that, but most of them aren’t great conversationalists on the fly. I was being seated at a table last year on vacation and just happened to sit facing the wall, not even thinking about it. After comments from several of the staff and a bartender who could see me from the next room I felt obliged to turn around! I wasn’t offended in anyway, but thought it was an interesting study in human nature.
coppercat
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: What Makes A Memorable Dining Experience for YOU? 2004/12/11 22:58:16 (permalink)
1. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! I won't even sit in a place thats not clean.
2. well trained staff who knows the food and how its prepared and there when U need them but not hovering
3. well prepared food at a good price made onsite not frozen. Frozen entres I can get in the freezer case at the supermarket
4. daily specials that are really specials, something not usually on the menu

I was in the food service business for 15 yrs and its no more expensive to run a restaurant well and a lot more costly to run it badly. Best of luck to U.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1