What about waste water dumping?

Author
vikinglord
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2013/01/16 00:56:16 (permalink)

What about waste water dumping?

Hello all. I am wondering where food truck owners dump their waste water tanks? In Nashville, (and I imagine just about everywhere else), wherever you dump your waste water tanks has to be approved by the local water company. Most of the commissaries and restaurants I have spoken with do not have a waste water inlet\system. Some say car wash, but I do not know any car wash owners who would sign off for me.

Where do you guys dump your waste water? Thanks for any advice.

5 Replies Related Threads

edwmax
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2107
    Re:What about waste water dumping? 2013/01/16 06:26:52 (permalink)
    You should be talking about 'grey water'.  Google the difference between 'grey water' and 'black water'.   'Grey water' can be recycled and in most areas can be dumped into flower beds at home (not public areas) to reduce loading to the sewer system ... 'green recycling' ....   This water could be dumped into the public storm system if local codes allow. Check your HD grey water disposal requirements.     ... So if you can dispose of 'grey water' to flower beds or open areas, then you would not have to pay RV dumping of 'black water' fees.  But some localities require grey to be disposed of the same as black water.
    post edited by edwmax - 2013/01/16 07:12:21
    chefbuba
    • Total Posts : 2016
    Re:What about waste water dumping? 2013/01/16 10:26:48 (permalink)
    edwmax

You should be talking about 'grey water'.  Google the difference between 'grey water' and 'black water'.   'Grey water' can be recycled and in most areas can be dumped into flower beds at home (not public areas) to reduce loading to the sewer system ... 'green recycling' ....   This water could be dumped into the public storm system if local codes allow. Check your HD grey water disposal requirements.     ... So if you can dispose of 'grey water' to flower beds or open areas, then you would not have to pay RV dumping of 'black water' fees.  But some localities require grey to be disposed of the same as black water.

Bad advice! You don't want to get caught doing this. Most won't allow the melted ice from a cooler to be dumped on the ground, do you think that they will allow greasy chemical laden water to just be dumped anywhere?
    Check with the hd, you should be able to dump anywhere an rv can, check public and private camp sites, public rv dumps along the roadways, rv supply stores sometimes have a dump,  etc.
    roadkillgrill
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 179
    Re:What about waste water dumping? 2013/01/16 10:28:02 (permalink)
    If you are lucky enough to be able to park at home, just install an inlet next to your driveway. Mine was about $400. Cheap enough. Come Spring, I think I will install a 24"x24" drain in the driveway with a grate and a 12v tank valve so I dont even have to get out of the truck. #old 
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2107
    Re:What about waste water dumping? 2013/01/16 11:22:50 (permalink)
    chefbuba

edwmax

Bad advice! You don't want to get caught doing this. Most won't allow the melted ice from a cooler to be dumped on the ground, do you think that they will allow greasy chemical laden water to just be dumped anywhere?
    Check with the hd, you should be able to dump anywhere an rv can, check public and private camp sites, public rv dumps along the roadways, rv supply stores sometimes have a dump,  etc.

One ... I did not state just dump the water on the ground.  I specifically stated to check the local HD for their requirements. You could find favorable requirements for 'grey water' that includes irrigation uses, dumping on YOUR OWN property or a neighbor's property with his permission.  ... I also, stated some localities require 'grey water' to be treated the SAME ASblack water.

As Roadkill stated above dump into your sewer at HOME or at the commissary.  That is what one of the purposes of a commissary. 
    daddywoofdawg
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 299
    Re:What about waste water dumping? 2013/01/17 03:32:46 (permalink)
    I use a RV dump station many are free to use.the local sewer treatment plant often has a RV dump site too.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1