The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What are you using to clean your fryer

porkchopexpress

• Total Posts: 798
What are you using to clean your fryer Thu, 03/5/09 6:52 PM (permalink)
I'm curious to see what all is being used to clean your fryer.  I've tried many things and just can't find the right thing.

brittneal

• Total Posts: 1265
    Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Thu, 03/5/09 7:17 PM (permalink)
    I used a china cap with a filter.  They make a filter powder that or strain the grease thru thats suppes to pull out moisture and foriegn debris and make teh grease last longer.  For cleaning the unit, you can get in and scrubb away with a 3-M pad.  One trick is to boil it with coffee urn cleaner.  they make a special cleaner to di this but its a lot more and doesnt work any better.  Always make sure it bone dry before putting the oil back in.

JayL

• Total Posts: 213
      Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Fri, 03/6/09 11:14 PM (permalink)
      Mr. Muscle has always worked well as a boil out for me.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
        Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Sat, 03/7/09 2:09 AM (permalink)
        There is a product out there called "Boil Out" that you can use, however I use only baking soda and water. Boil for 20 minutes and then attack with a stainless steel scrubby. Comes really clean. I do this every week as my fryers get a lot of use!!!.

David O.

zook11

• Total Posts: 1
          Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Wed, 05/6/09 5:13 PM (permalink)
          I cant fiqure out how to post new question....but anyway Ill tag here!
            I want a serious degreaser that I can spray on vents and hood and will cut seriously unkept unit nasty grease. Of course scrape first then?

Researching the web I find. Solar grill brite,  Winsol, and Perma grill fix. Anybody use any of these?

The unit would then be steam and or pressure washed.  More research shows that Sodium hydroxide or Butyl based solvents are the stongest.   Foams like easy off. 
               Industrial Purple Power dosent touch it.  Krud Cutter doesn't work either. 409 is a joke.  I am doing this for a private non-profit. The companies that do this for a living are very mum about what they use.

Any body have some help?

Thanks

porkchopexpress

• Total Posts: 798
            Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Wed, 05/6/09 5:53 PM (permalink)
            Carbon Off. Its the best I've ever used. Its expensive like $15 for a single aerosol can but worth it. Spray it on and wait an hour and hose it off. 

jeffroz1

• Total Posts: 126
              Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Tue, 05/19/09 7:10 AM (permalink)
              zook11

I cant fiqure out how to post new question....but anyway Ill tag here!
                I want a serious degreaser that I can spray on vents and hood and will cut seriously unkept unit nasty grease. Of course scrape first then?

Researching the web I find. Solar grill brite,  Winsol, and Perma grill fix. Anybody use any of these?

The unit would then be steam and or pressure washed.  More research shows that Sodium hydroxide or Butyl based solvents are the stongest.   Foams like easy off. 
                   Industrial Purple Power dosent touch it.  Krud Cutter doesn't work either. 409 is a joke.  I am doing this for a private non-profit. The companies that do this for a living are very mum about what they use.

Any body have some help?

Thanks

I was checking to see if you tried the cleaner that I sent to you.

Jeffro

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
                Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Tue, 05/19/09 4:10 PM (permalink)
                Sodium Hydroxide based boil-out cleaners followed by vinegar to neutralize

FryMan

• Total Posts: 2
                  Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Wed, 12/21/11 7:03 PM (permalink)
                  Have you heard of a group called Filta Environmental Kitchen Solutions? They come in and maintain your fryers and micro-filter your oil which extends the life of the oil - usually reducing your oil cost enough to pay for the service. They also say that by taking on this dangerous task, insurance companies may reduce the restaurant's insurance premiums.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Wed, 12/21/11 8:33 PM (permalink)
                    FryMan

Have you heard of a group called Filta Environmental Kitchen Solutions? They come in and maintain your fryers and micro-filter your oil which extends the life of the oil - usually reducing your oil cost enough to pay for the service. They also say that by taking on this dangerous task, insurance companies may reduce the restaurant's insurance premiums.

Fryman do you work for or are you or a member of your family associated with this company? Sounds like a sales pitch to me.

holdem

• Total Posts: 411
                      Re:What are you using to clean your fryer Wed, 12/21/11 8:55 PM (permalink)
                      I bought a used fryer that I dont't think they ever cleaned. I used oven cleaner and a razor blade scraper. I sprayed a small section with oven cleaner then waited a few seconds. then used the razor blade scraper to scrape off the crud. Also used a small wire brush for the corners. It looked like new when I was done and it didn't cost much.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com