What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ?

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
GBaxter7
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2009/11/02 03:40:18 (permalink)

What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ?

What are your 2 or 3 favorite Subway sandwich fillings and please
separately say why, for each fave one named.

95 Replies Related Threads

myterry2
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 532
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/02 06:15:18 (permalink)
    Never go to Subway...refuse to eat processsed meat.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3147
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/02 06:47:34 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood GBaxter7. We like to talk about real Roadfood in this area. You might have better luck finding the answer to your question in the Fast Food and Chain Forum. Come on back here if you want to talk about your favorite Whitehouse Sub and or something like that. Ciao.
    sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 18:18:44 (permalink)
    Subway=GARBAGE
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7771
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 22:00:21 (permalink)
    GBaxter7

1- Sawdust- adds "roughage" to the sandwich

2- Styrofoam- great spongy texture

3- Crazy Glue-  binds the fillings together
    saps
    • Total Posts : 1560
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 22:04:03 (permalink)
    Sawdust and Crazy Glue are condiments.
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4565
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 22:20:16 (permalink)
    why oh why do you folks who eternally claim to have absolutely no interest in fast food demonstrate their alleged complete lack of interest by typing post after post in this area of the forums?

I think everyone gets it - you don't like fast food franchises

I have no great love of subway myself, but sheesh, why the piling on? 

Did the CEO of subway steal your lunch money as a child or something?

Some of the same folks piling on here were the same ones from years ago claiming they did not want to read fast food topics, and so the fast Food Forum was set up to wall off those 'unwanted' topics

Later, those same voices protested that topics from this forum should not show up in the latest posts list on the main page, and this request was granted as well, quarantining this section of the forums off from all the others.

The recent board upgrades make it possible to entirely remove selected forums - this one, perhaps? - from one's sight entirely.  Ie you can set your preferences so that this forum is entirely invisible - so that if you want, this forum does not in effect even exist.

The only folks who should be left here are those who have a genuine interest in fast food franchises.....no one else should have a reason to seek this area out. 

So why isn't this the case?
    post edited by TJ Jackson - 2009/11/03 22:24:31
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18387
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 23:19:53 (permalink)
    It's just to get on your nerves.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 23:24:18 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

It's just to get on your nerves.

...and because it wasn't originally posted in the fast food section. I moved it there.
    David_NYC
    • Total Posts : 2164
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/03 23:53:47 (permalink)
    I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to GBaxter7. From the location of Sydney and the use of the phrase "sandwich filings" I assume you are Australian. A quick search on Google Australia shows there are over 900 Subway franchises in Australia now, and I counted 15 in Sydney.

As you can see, all of the other posters so far are American. While the Subway chain of "sandwich bars" started in Connecticut (near New York City), I doubt the sandwich fillings you can select come from the USA. I also note filling differences, such as the fact that you have Swiss, Cheddar and Old English cheese available, while we have American, Monterey Cheddar, Natural Cheddar, Pepperjack, Provolone, and Swiss available.

I don't know how the shops receive meat fillings from the manufacturers in Australia. Here, meats such as turkey, ham, and roast beef are sliced at a factory, then shipped to the shops frozen. There are better meat fillings to be had from other suppliers - which the independent sandwich shops listed in our Sandwiches area tend to use.

I personally don't have any favorite fillings. Most of the taste of the sandwich comes from the "weeds" they put on, such as onions, pickles, jalapeno peppers, and the salad dressing. The only time I now eat there is because I am on the road, and it is the only place handy. Subway franchises are typically taken out by business people, not by people who have a passion to prepare good food.

We had a recent funny thread about the smell inside Subway "sandwich bars":
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Subway-m540873.aspx

Do your  Subways' also smell of baking bread?
    stricken_detective
    • Total Posts : 2330
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 00:52:08 (permalink)
    Spinach, because I hate lettuce.

Black Olives, because who doesn't like black olives?
    Captain Howdy
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 59
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 01:02:59 (permalink)
    TJ Jackson

why oh why do you folks who eternally claim to have absolutely no interest in fast food demonstrate their alleged complete lack of interest by typing post after post in this area of the forums?

Some of the same folks piling on here were the same ones from years ago claiming they did not want to read fast food topics, and so the fast Food Forum was set up to wall off those 'unwanted' topics

Later, those same voices protested that topics from this forum should not show up in the latest posts list on the main page, and this request was granted as well, quarantining this section of the forums off from all the others.

The recent board upgrades make it possible to entirely remove selected forums - this one, perhaps? - from one's sight entirely.  Ie you can set your preferences so that this forum is entirely invisible - so that if you want, this forum does not in effect even exist.

The only folks who should be left here are those who have a genuine interest in fast food franchises.....no one else should have a reason to seek this area out. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but... you go, Mr. Jackson!  The people who think they're being all witty and everything by posting replies such as "sawdust" are really only showing how nearsighted and laughably curmudgeonly they can be.

(Wait, did I say "laughably"?  Erm, I meant that I was laughing with you, not at you.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  )

post edited by Captain Howdy - 2009/11/04 01:04:48
    jeepguy
    • Total Posts : 1555
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 03:09:16 (permalink)
     It used to be the BMT. Now i just get the BM.
    saps
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 09:45:09 (permalink)
    TJ Jackson

This post should be moved to "Off Topic and Lighter Fare".
    seatown76
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 379
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 10:00:58 (permalink)
    jeepguy

It used to be the BMT. Now i just get the BM.

TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4565
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 11:06:09 (permalink)
    Regarding

saps

by that same line of thinking, should not the following post

saps

also be treated in the same fashion?
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3140
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 11:10:17 (permalink)
    GBaxter7

I love their wraps, with any filling, when I am desperate at 4 am in a strange land.
    David_NYC
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 11:13:28 (permalink)
    saps

TJ Jackson

I think this post is on topic because it does bring up some valid observations. Many of the posters above do have a genuine interest in fast food franchises. And their verdict is not favorable to this particular chain. In that thread about the smell in Subway shops, there were some posters who liked the smell and others who complained that the smell got on their clothes and lingered. In this thread, no one gave a thumbs up to any cheese or meat. They just favorited "weeds" or gave crackpot answers.

As I have mentioned several times here, some people seem to have a instinctive sense of "something ain't right" food. It's probably part of the survival instinct. An example is the roast beef at Arby's or Old Country Buffet. It is not prepared from raw meat on site; it may be pre-cooked in a commissary or be made from ground-up scraps. In the case of Subway hot sandwiches such as Teriyaki Chicken, it also was not prepared on site. It is "re-heated leftovers", if you will.

Sure, there are people who genuinely like Subway. But, the people on this board tend to have more experienced palates.

saps
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 12:33:50 (permalink)
    TJ Jackson

Regarding

saps

by that same line of thinking, should not the following post

saps

also be treated in the same fashion?

Absolutely.  Move it whenever you like.

Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5550
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 16:52:22 (permalink)
    myterry2

so you don't eat cold cuts, like bologna, or salami?
    tommyeats
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 277
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/04 18:33:54 (permalink)
    Scorereader

myterry2

i can't imagine a roadfood life without hot dogs.  damn.
    CheeseburgerChet
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 00:30:09 (permalink)
    mushroom, onions & provo !
    tkitna
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 630
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 02:30:24 (permalink)
    I like the pizza and meatball subs the best. I never get anything else there.
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 06:34:18 (permalink)
    Scorereader

myterry2

...or pastrami, or corned beef....
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 07:17:30 (permalink)
    tkitna

I like the pizza and meatball subs the best. I never get anything else there.

...they have pizza ????

EatingTheRoad
    • Total Posts : 1205
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 07:50:45 (permalink)
    Depends on your definition of pizza...they also serve sandwiches...but that depends on your definition of sandwich
    David_NYC
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 08:50:52 (permalink)
    Subway does sell (personal) pizza in some shops. We had about four threads on the subject; this is the latest one:
    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=326121

AFAIK, they come in frozen and are heated in the speed oven. They are not listed in the menu section of Subway's web site, but are listed in the ingredients section. I guess individual shops have the option to offer them or not. It all depends if you are a fan of frozen pizza or not. 
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 09:01:29 (permalink)
    I eat DiGornio's every so often - used to be better than it is now but it is still not too bad.

Why someone would buy pizza at Subway eludes me.
    tommyeats
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 277
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 09:59:03 (permalink)
    NYPIzzaNut

I eat DiGornio's every so often - used to be better than it is now but it is still not too bad.

Why someone would buy pizza at Subway eludes me.

because they like it.   it's not all that complicated.
    cameron074
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 135
    Re:What are your 2 favorite Subway sandwich fillings ? 2009/11/05 10:35:30 (permalink)
    The jalapenos they have at Subway are great, the only problem is you have to ask the guy/girl several times to put more than 3 or 4 peppers on the sandwich.
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1