LockedWhat can be defined as a roadfood chain?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5066
RE: What can be defined as a roadfood chain? 2006/11/09 20:31:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Ok then, I'm sticking with my #3. I think I will say that the dish is roadfood, not the restaurant.

Happy posting all! Did I say I love this site? Oh, well I do!!!
Joe

3. If the individual franchise owners have control over the quality of their food and service, and have the freedom to offer unique and maybe regional dishes of their choosing, it could be a roadfood chain?

NO. Ouality & service directly related to location manager, not the franchisee. Many franchisee's do not give a damn about that, as long as the $$$ keeps coming in. And, as to the "freedom to offer unique and maybe regional dishes of their choosing"... That works as long as the corporate office does not find out. It worked for me for about 6 months (years ago), and I was FULLY backed by the franchisor. My unit sales increased around $200.00 daily when I did this. Corporate "bean-counters" finally came in from Dublin, OH (hint, hint) and said "NO". OK boss man, I said. Weekly sales thereafter decreased by more than what my "unique" offerings brought in. Go figure.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5422
RE: What can be defined as a roadfood chain? 2006/11/10 01:51:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Bad

Some less than delicately phrased posts, and those that quoted them have been deleted.

And again. This thread will now be locked.

MikeS.
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5422
RE: What can be defined as a roadfood chain? 2006/11/10 02:01:01 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

The FF section has done allot for the "where to post" issue. My hope is that this thread might help some also.

I still have a question about where to post a taco recipe, in the mexican or the recipe section. The "chili" thread has the sticky recipe thread. The soup thread has lots of recipes also. So I think in the mexican would be best for a taco recipe. I stared a thread about flour tortillas but I thought that would fit better in the recipe section. Hey, it's not a perfect world.
Joe

PapaJoe you are absolutely right, it's not. So many threads could go multiple places. All we can do is ask that you try to put it where you think it belongs best. If we as mods don't agree we can and will move it. Tacos would be a hard one. Chili parlors too. It would probably come down to the tone of the post in some cases.

Keep up the good work and keep posting.

MikeS.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1