What do u like on turkey sandwich?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
booboobirdie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 143
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/01 15:21:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Pwingsx

....*Sigh*............

When you eat dinner at someone else's house, there's no leftover turkey.

Bummer.

You poor thing! You're going to the wrong house for dinner....we make enough food for any army, and I always have restaurant take-out containers (from a nearby restaurant supply store) and I send everyone home with enough for at least 3 more meals, including all the trimmings.
Roy
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/01 16:14:26 (permalink)
Just some white and sone dark meat, a little stuffing on thin sliced french bread, salt and pepper and some Hellmanns Light to make it healthy.
Pwingsx
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2170
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/01 17:33:33 (permalink)
Gee, booboo, wish I'd been at YOUR house. I'm going to buy a little turkey to roast for sandwiches ONLY.

I'm with Clothier, when I make meatloaf, I serve it hot to everyone for dinner, but I don't start eating it myself until it cools off and I can make sandwiches (although hot ones out of the oven are good too).
mitranyc
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/01 18:41:43 (permalink)
i was looking forward to leftover turkey this year to make this amazing sandwich

pumpernickel bread
turkey
bacon
cheddar
cranberry sauce

yummy!
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/01 23:50:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by yumbo

Hey -

Has anyone tried that stuff made by Woeber called the Sandwich Pal? It's a combination of cranberries and horseradish. It's bright pink and comes in a squeeze bottle. Yummy on a sandwich.

-Yumbo

Oh, Yumbo -
You're gonna make me start haunting supermarkets from here to Avondale Estates looking for it. We do get their horseradish sauce and their hot & spicy mustard, along with a couple of sweet mustards (which I abhor). I have yet to find a better horseradish sauce. When I find the pink stuff, unless it's sweet, I'll probably cry with sheer joy to be alive.
Woeber's flat ROCKS! - And at 54, I am not too old to say that, am I?
Still Roocking Myself (Although Not In Rockingham, N. C.), Ort. Carlton Right Here in Athens, Georgia.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/01 23:52:03 (permalink)
quote:

Hey -

Has anyone tried that stuff made by Woeber called the Sandwich Pal? It's a combination of cranberries and horseradish. It's bright pink and comes in a squeeze bottle. Yummy on a sandwich.

-Yumbo

Oh, Yumbo -
You're gonna make me start haunting supermarkets from here to Avondale Estates looking for it. We do get their horseradish sauce and their hot & spicy mustard, along with a couple of sweet mustards (which I abhor). I have yet to find a better horseradish sauce. When I find the pink stuff, unless it's sweet, I'll probably cry with sheer joy to be alive.
Still Rocking Myself (Although Not In Rockingham, N. C.), Ort. Carlton Right Here in Athens, Georgia.
yumbo
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 330
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/02 07:58:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

quote:

Hey -

-Yumbo

Oh, Yumbo -
Still Rocking Myself (Although Not In Rockingham, N. C.), Ort. Carlton Right Here in Athens, Georgia.

Let me know if you want me to ship you a bottle or three. They're plentiful up here.

You live near Avondale? You've got that amazing Dekalb Farmers' Market there. You are one lucky dog.

-Yumbo
hawkeyejohn
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 257
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/02 15:12:54 (permalink)
Good wheat bread, dark meat, bacon, good lettuce (not iceberg), butter and salt and pepper. Glass of milk and potato chips on the side.
howard8
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 355
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/03 10:13:33 (permalink)
Lots of Hellmans, lots of turkey, both dark and white, sliced tomato, salt,pepper and stuffing on any kind of bread. Alternately the same sandwich and instead of mayo, leave out the tomato and add turkey gravy. One of the best things about cooking a turkey with all the sides is the leftovers.
Pwingsx
  • Total Posts : 2170
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/03 23:54:58 (permalink)
Thank you, clothier. I myself love iceberg lettuce, because it is so innocuous and will complement the flavor of whatever dressing you drench it in, whether it be bleu cheese, thousand island, russian or coleslaw, or vinaigrette. Yum yum.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6895
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/04 01:33:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

quote:
Originally posted by hawkeyejohn

Good wheat bread, dark meat, bacon, good lettuce (not iceberg), butter and salt and pepper. Glass of milk and potato chips on the side.

what's wrong with iceberg? I think it's great on a sandwich. And I love to cut a wedge of it, and pour either blue cheese or 1000 island dressing right over the wedge. Add a little crisp bacon, yummeeee!

Negative on iceberg lettuce. One of the food writers (I think it might have been Calvin Trillin) said it's the only lettuce you can dress and if it's not all eaten, rinse off and use the next day. My father used to say it tasted like "celophane out of a box car". How he knew what that tasted like is beyond me! But anyway I think I was brainwashed to forever hate iceberg. I never bought it in any of my restaurants nor in my home......for fear my father would find out!!! " />" />
a noid
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 45
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/04 07:03:24 (permalink)
The Mrs insists on Susan Stamberg's cranberry relish, (with onions, horseradish, etc) Don't have the recipe handy, but you could look it up.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6895
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/04 11:22:18 (permalink)
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

quote:

quote:

what's wrong with iceberg? I think it's great on a sandwich. And I love to cut a wedge of it, and pour either blue cheese or 1000 island dressing right over the wedge. Add a little crisp bacon, yummeeee!

Negative on iceberg lettuce. One of the food writers (I think it might have been Calvin Trillin) said it's the only lettuce you can dress and if it's not all eaten, rinse off and use the next day. My father used to say it tasted like "celophane out of a box car". How he knew what that tasted like is beyond me! But anyway I think I was brainwashed to forever hate iceberg. I never bought it in any of my restaurants nor in my home......for fear my father would find out!!! " />" />

Memo to self:
If ever in Alaska, make sure I have head of iceberg to introduce Lleechef to the darkside.

oh, and feed mayo to tuna, that way you won't have to mix it in.

Yes, you'd better bring your own because at the supermarket yesterday they were the size of a softball and went for $2.99 EACH. Bleeech
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 844
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/04 11:37:22 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Memo to self:
If ever in Alaska, make sure I have head of iceberg to introduce Lleechef to the darkside.

oh, and feed mayo to tuna, that way you won't have to mix it in.

Yes, you'd better bring your own because at the supermarket yesterday they were the size of a softball and went for $2.99 EACH. Bleeech

nothing to add ... i just like to see all the cascading squares ~~
dlkdarrow
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/04 11:39:23 (permalink)
Really fresh cheap white bread - like Wonder Bread - toasted. Hellman's, pepper, whole cranberry sauce, scallions. Cape Cod salt and vinegar potato chips crumbled into the mayo.
Hode
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/10 11:47:34 (permalink)
white bread with butter and some celery salt
Judyluvs
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2003/12/12 12:06:35 (permalink)
We have turkey (white and dark)on bread with Hellman's mayo and mesclun salad greens from the leftover salad course, usually balsalmic vinegar dressing or ranch dressing - Iceberg letuce is good too. Cheese if we can get it and we sometimes toast the bread first.

I pick all the meat off the meaty Turkey frame bones and chop it all into bits with a stalk of celery, sometimes red onions and bell peppers too . Then I finely grate a carrot into it and season with salt and pepper and use enough mayo to hold it together - Turkey Salad for lunch at work for the next few days!

Of course the bones make soup, but we're not big fans of it. Just like to make the best use of it all.
ikayak
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/02/12 13:14:28 (permalink)
Version 1:
Multigrain bread, Miracle Whip, turkey, swiss, avacado and a little layer of lettuce.
Version 2:
Multigrain bread, cream cheese, provolone cheese, almond slices, cranberry sauce (chunky kind)
efuery
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 630
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/02/12 14:09:18 (permalink)
Version 1 leftovers from whole roasted tukey

turkey, stuffing, and gravy on toasted whiote bread - served hot, of course

Version 2 - deli cold cut
turkey, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzerella, thinly sliced red onion, pesto sauce on GOOD italian bread

Version 3 - deli cold cut
turkey, shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, guacamole and hot salsa in a tortilla
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18489
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/02/12 14:13:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ikayak

Version 1:
Multigrain bread, Miracle Whip, turkey, swiss, avacado and a little layer of lettuce.
Version 2:
Multigrain bread, cream cheese, provolone cheese, almond slices, cranberry sauce (chunky kind)

Miracle Whip?
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 890
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/02/12 15:15:39 (permalink)
version 1 -- Rye or pumpernickel with mayo and celery salt
version 2 -- multi-grain/white with dressing and gravy
Spudnut
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 655
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/02/12 16:48:09 (permalink)
I like turkey sandwiches a lot of ways, but one of my favorites is with chopped liver and Russian dressing. I doubt that's very common outside NYC, though.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/02/12 17:03:48 (permalink)
Hmmmm--i smell a new topic coming on!
carlton pierre
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/07 00:25:23 (permalink)
My best friend in college lived in Spring Lake, NJ right on the ocean. I would go there and visit for Thanksgiving and his mom would send home with us the best leftover turkey sandwiches. White bread, turkey, mayo, and lots of course black pepper which gave them a really good spiciness. I still make them this way myself now and I remember my trips to the south Jersey shore.

carl reitz
Wingster
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 45
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/07 02:10:20 (permalink)
Milton's bread, a bit of butter on one slice, mayo on the other, turkey, ground pepper, dressing, tomato, and a bit o cranberry sauce.
Sasaku
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 63
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/07 18:14:25 (permalink)
Cucumbers, guacomole, provolone, red peppers, and all on honey grain bread.
i know it sounds wierd
emsmom
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 955
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/08 09:28:54 (permalink)
I am one of those people who don't eat mayo on sandwiches.

My turkey sandwich is: sliced turkey, lots of black pepper, a little salt and sliced dill pickles.

My sister always eats hers with a slice of cranberry sauce.
The best way I like leftover turkey is with dressing and gravy poured over it though.
bumper
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 96
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/08 10:41:43 (permalink)
This may sound odd but a thin layer of peanut butter on one side of the bread on a turkey sandwich really brings out the flavor of the meat.

Bumper

P S A larger amount of peanut butter over powers the turkey .
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18489
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/08 11:18:03 (permalink)
While it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey, I made my grandson a toasted cheese sandwich over the weekend with Boar's Head Cajun turkey and he loved it.
garykg6
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 358
RE: What do u like on turkey sandwich? 2004/11/08 12:54:17 (permalink)
Gary's 'ultimate' club sandwich
1.darkly toasted bread(two pieces only,a true club)
2.extra mayo(hellmans)
3.extra bacon
4.1 inch each of turkey and prov
5.romaine lettuce
6.really ripe tomatoes
7.salt and coarse pepper

Have I got your attention???????????
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1