Author
noeltock
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
Flagged as Spam (1)
2011/10/19 07:01:18 (permalink)

What do you need on your Website?

Hi all,

Long time lurker, but first time poster :) I develop websites for restaurants and have a few food trucks come my way. The service is completely automated and does a number of things already, but food trucks have been sort of a specialty which I'd like to design a specific template/theme for. Besides having a schedule of where you'll be and when, what are some of the other features you believe should be part of any such website (I already have highly customizable menus, mobile variants, event management, location details, etc.)

Thank you!

Noel

5 Replies Related Threads

Rubyshaveice
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re:What do you need on your Website? 2011/10/20 05:21:11 (permalink)
    well I'd sure like to see what you have. pm me.

stubby77
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 491
    Re:What do you need on your Website? 2011/10/20 10:05:48 (permalink)
    Gee... I design web sites, too. And since I own a food truck, I guess you could say I specialize in food trucks, too. But I, unlike you, are a longstanding member of this community, and you'll notice I don't advertise my web design here. Why? Because its not polite to spam.

Roadfood.com sells advertisements at the top of every page. If you want to drum up business, contact them and pay for the advertising.

Oh, and not for nothing, but template sites like what you're trying to do are a waste of people's money. Charge a little more and design your customers a site that is unique to every client, that way no one gets by the wonderful phenomenon where a potential customer has had a real bad experience visiting one food truck, and then they find the web site for another (perfectly wonderful) food truck, but they avoid them because their web site is the same as the food truck they didn't like a few weeks before.
    noeltock
    Junior Burger
    Re:What do you need on your Website? 2011/10/20 10:33:01 (permalink)
    Hey there,

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not trying to advertise my service, merely trying to get a better understanding of the requirements of food truck websites, if it came across differently, then I apologize and feel free to delete my thread.  We currently have 370 users/restaurants in testing so it's not something I need to advertise at the moment (like said, we're still in testing/beta, so the product is unfinished). When the time comes, I'll gladly purchase advertising space. I just enjoy food trucks and small niche providers that setup at farmer markets or elsewhere, and am interested in knowing what can be done better for this particular category when it comes down to functionality & needs...

Cheers

Noel
    stubby77
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 491
    Re:What do you need on your Website? 2011/10/20 11:08:08 (permalink)
    Noel,

Thanks for clarifying and explaining yourself. We get so many sales reps coming on here just trying to do a web forum smash and grab, sometimes its hard to tell the difference. I'm sorry that I misinterpreted your intentions.

Welcome to roadfood!

Stubby
    noeltock
    Junior Burger
    Re:What do you need on your Website? 2011/10/20 11:14:12 (permalink)
    Thanks Stubby!

Sorry about the confusion again. I guess I'm always stalking food forums because I find the conversations interesting (but can never really participate as I'm on a different side of the table), so it may look weird when I've only posted a handful of times. Haven't found the time to be a sales rep either yet, too busy coding all day! ;)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1