What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs?

Author
midwestmarinemom
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2013/01/06 17:48:36 (permalink)

What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs?

I am about to embark on a dream that's been 20+ years in the making and I would love to have some feedback from the experts. I want to build a hot dog cart and name it Devil Dogs, in honor of my son, a Marine. He's currently in Afghanistan, as he is unable to find a job here in the states. My dream is to get this off the ground, expand and give him something to come home to so that he can support his family.
I see the typical devil dog image as a logo, the cart in red and yellow, incorporating some Marine Corp terms (the recruit, leatherneck, the gunny) in my menu and offering a discount to the military who have served our great country - past and present and a % donation of sales to the wounded warrior project. What do you think? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Semper Fi!
Mary
post edited by midwestmarinemom - 2013/01/06 17:54:31

6 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18272
    Re:What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs? 2013/01/06 18:22:58 (permalink)
    Well, with the Wonder Bread folks going out of business there might be a hiatus for the Drake's Devil Dogs snacks. But there might still be some confusion with the name. I  wish you luck with it, and I think your ideas about military discounts and contributions to the Wounded Warrior Project are wonderful.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4587
    Re:What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs? 2013/01/06 19:16:38 (permalink)
    I'd be wondering what kind of hot dog it was you were selling.
    Kind of confusing to me, though I appreciate your intent.
    Maybe top em with Jalapenos.

Tristan225
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 350
    Re:What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs? 2013/01/06 22:52:38 (permalink)
    There seems to be plenty of vendors using "Devil Dogs" or even "Heavenly Dogs". Check you're area to see if anyone else is using it, our county checks when you apply for an assumed name. It would be fine if you like it. Or you could try "Hey you, come buy one of my friggin hot dogs!"
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10110
    Re:What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs? 2013/01/07 01:05:08 (permalink)
    While I admire you for what you're trying to accomplish, I must caution you that it takes time to build up a business to the point that it can support a family as a total means of income.
    If you're planning to operate in Overland Park KS, be sure to check with all the governmantal entities and regulations/restrictions there to be sure you can even operate a cart in the town. Start with rthe health department first
    devildawg
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re:What do you think of this name and concept - Devil Dogs? 2013/01/07 21:25:07 (permalink)
    Hey marinemom, I have just retired from the Marines and  personally I think that is a great idea, fact is I started my hot dog business at Camp Pendleton in 07 and my business is named Devil Dawgs Hot Dogs. The name Devil Dogs was already taken by a shop in Chicago. I offer discounts for military and really enjoy making donations to several different veteran associations. I had my own logo drew by a young artist and it has a dawg eating a dawg. I would really caution you about using Marine Corps logo and pictures unless you are directly affiliated with and supported by USMC and there is legal matters that you will run into. The draw back to being named Devil Dawgs is a lot of people think it is associated with the devil not the Marines. And you always have the people that still think that we Marines are just a bunch of brain washed baby killers and will not want to support you. 
    I would suggest getting a different theme for you cart, and finding yourself a great location with a lot of foot traffic if you want to be  able to support yourself with a hot dog cart. 
    But no matter what the name is, or where you are set up, if you are not selling quality products with great customer service you will not be able to make it.

Semper Fi,
    devildawg

1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4587
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1