What is the sixth way?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
  • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
  • Location: Athens, GA
  • Status: offline
2007/01/22 01:37:20 (permalink)

What is the sixth way?

Dearfolk,
Let's invent SIX-way chili.
What is the sixth ingredient? (Notice I didn't say The Sixth Way... that's something Madame Blavatsky's followers will have to discern for themselves.)
I vote for piles and gobs of extra garlic! (And y'all thought I was going to suggest livermush, didn't you?)
Seeing The Sixth Way Being Revealed To Me Through My Looking Glass (Computer) -- Whenever Anyone Answers This Goofy Thread, Ort. Carlton in High Already (elev. 771') Athens, Ga.
#1

34 Replies Related Threads

    Pat T Hat
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 968
    • Joined: 2006/05/02 08:57:00
    • Location: Butler, KY
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 02:46:44 (permalink)
    Your sixth sense must have shown you the "way"! For the way of a six is...Garlic!
    #2
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18357
    • Joined: 2000/07/01 08:52:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 10:59:49 (permalink)
    Cholula.
    #3
    Ashphalt
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1644
    • Joined: 2005/09/14 11:31:00
    • Location: Sharon, MA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 11:09:37 (permalink)
    If you're gonna preach heresy, why not go all the way? Number 6 should be something like pineapple pizza or a blueberry bagel, or good steak with A-1!

    How 'bout some chicken fried bacon?

    Maybe even, real chili!!
    #4
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    • Joined: 2004/01/28 02:03:00
    • Location: West Peoria, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 11:46:06 (permalink)
    Actually, since crackers, which you can crush on top, are so often served with 5-way chili, you could say there is already a sixth way (crushed crackers).

    Shall we try for seven way chili?

    How about salsa?
    #5
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4561
    • Joined: 2003/07/26 22:24:00
    • Location: Cincinnati, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 11:57:05 (permalink)
    The only major chili parlor in the greater Cincinnati area to openly and regular serve something that they call a six-way (that I am aware of) is Dixie Chili, and indeed, the 6th topping is chopped garlic.

    Lots of people put their oyster crackers and/or hot sauce atop their 5 ways, but no one officially calls that a 6 way - again, that I am aware of.
    #6
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6382
    • Joined: 2006/07/06 19:49:00
    • Location: Live at Saint Clair
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 14:03:19 (permalink)
    Gold Star calls their 6 Way a 5 way topped with jalapenos

    6star - crushed crackers?? Heresy I say, It's Oyster crackers underneath that heavenly pile of pasta and chili and cheese and beans and onions

    #7
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4561
    • Joined: 2003/07/26 22:24:00
    • Location: Cincinnati, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 14:24:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by CajunKing

    Gold Star calls their 6 Way a 5 way topped with jalapenos

    With apologies, I've looked over their menu, and don't see it.

    Which Gold Star do you frequent? Might be variances by location/franchisee

    #8
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6382
    • Joined: 2006/07/06 19:49:00
    • Location: Live at Saint Clair
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 15:25:36 (permalink)
    Lawrenceburg, Indiana

    They have a big jar of pickled Jalapenos, about a TBSP on top of a 5-Way is awesome.
    #9
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4561
    • Joined: 2003/07/26 22:24:00
    • Location: Cincinnati, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 15:29:19 (permalink)
    ah - I don't think this ingredient is regularly available at most locations :-)

    #10
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 15:53:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

    Dearfolk,
    Let's invent SIX-way chili.
    What is the sixth ingredient? (Notice I didn't say The Sixth Way... that's something Madame Blavatsky's followers will have to discern for themselves.)
    I vote for piles and gobs of extra garlic! (And y'all thought I was going to suggest livermush, didn't you?)
    Seeing The Sixth Way Being Revealed To Me Through My Looking Glass (Computer) -- Whenever Anyone Answers This Goofy Thread, Ort. Carlton in High Already (elev. 771') Athens, Ga.

    GAWD.... You slay me, Ort!
    When I come to Lawrenceville to visit my friend, we must all get together!
    #11
    porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2216
    • Joined: 2005/05/06 09:05:00
    • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 16:07:36 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

    Dearfolk,
    Let's invent SIX-way chili.
    What is the sixth ingredient? (Notice I didn't say The Sixth Way... that's something Madame Blavatsky's followers will have to discern for themselves.)
    I vote for piles and gobs of extra garlic! (And y'all thought I was going to suggest livermush, didn't you?)
    Seeing The Sixth Way Being Revealed To Me Through My Looking Glass (Computer) -- Whenever Anyone Answers This Goofy Thread, Ort. Carlton in High Already (elev. 771') Athens, Ga.

    GAWD.... You slay me, Ort!
    When I come to Lawrenceville to visit my friend, we must all get together!



    Count me in; I'm right between Athens and Lawrenceville. -pb
    #12
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 18:46:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by porkbeaks

    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90

    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

    Dearfolk,
    Let's invent SIX-way chili.
    What is the sixth ingredient? (Notice I didn't say The Sixth Way... that's something Madame Blavatsky's followers will have to discern for themselves.)
    I vote for piles and gobs of extra garlic! (And y'all thought I was going to suggest livermush, didn't you?)
    Seeing The Sixth Way Being Revealed To Me Through My Looking Glass (Computer) -- Whenever Anyone Answers This Goofy Thread, Ort. Carlton in High Already (elev. 771') Athens, Ga.

    GAWD.... You slay me, Ort!
    When I come to Lawrenceville to visit my friend, we must all get together!



    Count me in; I'm right between Athens and Lawrenceville. -pb

    I will give a holler when I go.....This should be fun!
    #13
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
    • Location: Athens, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 19:02:09 (permalink)
    Dearfolk,
    Let me know here when you want to come (give me a day or two notice). We can all eat at Mama's Boy and then go have a pint or several at Copper Creek Brewing Co.
    Right now, I don't have a spare bed or couch, but pretty soon I will. I CAN, however, spring for a pint or few of good ale.
    Lawrenceville is 36 miles west of me down GA. 316.
    Invitationally, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land.
    P. S. Did anyone get the reference to Madame Blavatsky? -- Maybe it would have been easier if I'd said "Gurdjieff-Ouspensky" instead, but sometimes you just can't plan these things.
    P. P. S. There is an active group of The Theosophical Society in midtown Atlanta on 13th. Street. They purposely chose to locate there because of the number; I think they've been meeting there since 1931.
    #14
    porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2216
    • Joined: 2005/05/06 09:05:00
    • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 19:10:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

    Dearfolk,
    Let me know here when you want to come (give me a day or two notice). We can all eat at Mama's Boy and then go have a pint or several at Copper Creek Brewing Co.
    Right now, I don't have a spare bed or couch, but pretty soon I will. I CAN, however, spring for a pint or few of good ale.
    Lawrenceville is 36 miles west of me down GA. 316.
    Invitationally, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land.
    P. S. Did anyone get the reference to Madame Blavatsky? -- Maybe it would have been easier if I'd said "Gurdjieff-Ouspensky" instead, but sometimes you just can't plan these things.
    P. P. S. There is an active group of The Theosophical Society in midtown Atlanta on 13th. Street. They purposely chose to locate there because of the number; I think they've been meeting there since 1931.


    "You do not realize your own situation. You are in prison. All you can wish for, if you are a sensible man, is to escape." George Gurdjieff

    Being a sensible man, I did.....to Georgia. -pb

    #15
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 19:26:44 (permalink)
    I got a place to stay, now just have to figure out when my I can go, and my friend is available. She and I need a good dose of fun and maybe play some pool in the local pub.
    I am thinking late Feb, or early March I can get free to visit her/ all of you!
    Mama's Boy, eh?
    Sounds intriguing.
    Is this it?
    http://www.eatatmamasboy.com/
    I may have to have the smoked pimento cheese points and wilted spinach! And then....... and then..............sweet potato bisque!
    Stuffed cabbage, Mojito Pork chop, Goat Cheese Plate, Meatloaf!... sheesh... I may have to get something to take with me back home!
    God, I'm in heaven just looking at the menu's.
    #16
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
    • Location: Athens, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 19:53:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90
    Mama's Boy, eh?
    Sounds intriguing.
    Is this it?
    http://www.eatatmamasboy.com/


    Roossy,
    Yep, that's it. But the best stuff isn't thereon -- it's the specials of the day, which can be virtually anything. I created a separate thread for them; its title is "We lost a good one -- and gained another," or some such.
    The soup of the day since Saturday has been a potato-leek concoction that a spoon will practically stand up in. I added curry powder, sour cream, bacon, and Chipotle Tabasco sauce to it... magnificent!
    Souply speaking, I understand that Alicia (one of the partners) is going to make borscht soon. I've never had that, and always wanted to try it. It will probably bring me to tears of great joy. She created the stuffed cabbage: it's her grandmother's recipe. It's even better with a side of corned beef.
    Their side salads are amazing, and you can sub that for fries at no charge. As for the vegetables, Cooper's (she's another owner) creamed collards make me swooon (rats, she's got a boyfriend!).
    Mitchell (the third partner) comes up with odd off-the-cuff lunches for me out of whatever the kitchen has on hand. Among him and the place's prep cooks, there seems to be no limit to what the place is capable of -- if a customer learns the strengths and weaknesses (not to mention what the kitchen has on hand at the moment!) and works within those parameters.
    As it seems to be evolving, I sometimes perform a "guinea pig" function for them. It's been a stabilizing effect in my life to have them; I look forward to getting up and going there every day just to see what's new.
    As for Copper Creek Brewing, they always have four beers on tap and you can't go wrong, unless you are a national brand drinker and that's that.
    Pool tables are a cinch in downtown Athens. I tried football pool once, though, and the dadgum thang got all wet.
    What a thrill it will be to meet you and whomever you bring!
    Ramblingly (But Staying Home), Ort. Carlton in Ever-Ebbing-And-Flowing Athens.
    #17
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 20:01:46 (permalink)
    They sound like a fine bunch of ladies.
    I wish there was a place like that here.
    I know it will be fun to meet.
    I think you guys are about 5 or so hours away.
    Not bad at all.
    I have a feeling it will be a weekend, due to her schedule, I might be wrong. I will let you know by email when I can.
    All I know is, I cant wait.
    !!!Porkbeaks!!!
    Did you see that menu?
    (a camera is going to be involved you know. We Have to make everyone jealous with a menu like that!)
    #18
    porkbeaks
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2216
    • Joined: 2005/05/06 09:05:00
    • Location: Hoschton/Braselton, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 21:41:46 (permalink)
    I just checked the menu and Googled the directions to get there. 28 miles door to door. Maybe we could meet for breakfast, hang around til lunch, go for the brews, and be back in time for dinner. And a good time was had by all..................... pb
    #19
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
    • Location: Athens, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/22 22:19:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90
    They sound like a fine bunch of ladies.


    Roossy,
    Well, we might be able to put a dress on Mitchell... trouble is, he's about 6'4" and maybe 150 pounds dripping wet. Nah. That wouldn't work. Cooper and Alicia are girls; Mitchell is a boy.
    You're right about the place. You're gonna have a funky good time (unh!).
    Buoyantly, Ort. Carlton in You Know Where.
    #20
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/23 03:18:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by porkbeaks

    I just checked the menu and Googled the directions to get there. 28 miles door to door. Maybe we could meet for breakfast, hang around til lunch, go for the brews, and be back in time for dinner. And a good time was had by all..................... pb

    gotta shooot a few games of pool while sipping that brewsky Ort mentioned.

    And I want to open this little mini-me meet to everyone in the Atlanta area.
    I know Oneiron and Ms. Oneiron are close by.
    Anyone else that is reading this thread.
    Maybe we should make a new thread ...............Ort?
    They love you!
    Whatcha think?
    Atlanta area kinda mini meet and greet, even though Roossy isnt from 'da area, but has a best friend for more than 40 years that has lived in the area for about 25 years??????
    But is has to be in the Athens area.. For the meet!!!
    Not that far for some to drive to!
    Hey everyone!
    First weekend.. maybe in March?
    Email me, and lets work on it.
    Lets start a new thread.. Not sure what topic it should be on, though.
    Maybe...... shoot, I dunno!
    Yanno, I just decided, that I dont care if anyone else wants to meet.
    I just wanna eat at Mama'sBoy..
    Oops. I totally thought you wrote Michelle, I see now It is Mitchel.
    well, thats okie..
    I am sure he wears an apron, and when I get there, you make sure you tell him that I thought he was Michelle. But that I know he is Mitchell.
    We will ALL get along just fine! I get along with everyone!
    As long as you let me break!
    My friend is kinda leery, she is not as outgoing as me, but we will make her have a good, great time!!!!!!
    She needs new friends in the area. Even though she has lived in L'Ville for about 18 years!!!!!! (she used to live in the Stone Mtn area before that)
    T
    #21
    Oneiron339
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2075
    • Joined: 2002/02/13 13:38:00
    • Location: Marietta, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/23 07:26:08 (permalink)
    Let us know when and where. We have a senior at UGA and could visit depending on schedules..
    #22
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/24 13:10:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Oneiron339

    Let us know when and where. We have a senior at UGA and could visit depending on schedules..


    Absolutely..
    Maybe I will start a new thread, so any other members in the area can meet also.
    Maybe a mini meet with lunch at MamasBoy...
    I am thinking the 2nd Saturday in March.

    (PS, Oneiron.. I have 2 South Dakota for ya still)
    #23
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15219
    • Joined: 2002/08/20 22:32:00
    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/24 13:46:56 (permalink)

    Tara,
    Start a thread on the Misc. Food Related Forum. I would suggest the title be- "Roadfood Meet N Greet, Athens (or whereever) GA, MARCH 2007

    Then do a detailed outline of what you have in mind... one big meal somewhere... a 'tour of the town with several stops-- a Weekend getaway.. You guys set it up.
    We won't be able to come down then, Sorry. With Texas in February, we need some time at home before Nashville in April. But there are a number of folks in your area and the Carolinas who are within a long days ride if they want to participate. it is amazing how easy some of the rides are, to get to these sessions. We left the Baltimore crabfest at about 3:30pm and even with some heavy traffic on the Beltway around DC, we were home an hour or so after Midnite and the was 650 miles.
    Go for it, but on your own thread.!
    #24
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/24 15:06:19 (permalink)
    Thats what I was thinking Al..
    This is not the place to continue this.
    Maybe Once I do start the thread, the posts corresponding to this on this thread can be moved by the mods to the proper thread.
    Thanks..
    #25
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
    • Location: Athens, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/24 22:45:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90
    Maybe Once I do start the thread, the posts corresponding to this on this thread can be moved by the mods to the proper thread.
    Thanks..


    Roossy,
    Be sure you figure out a way to link me there from here, or I'll be left out in the cold... and it's going down to near-freezing tonight!
    Lurching Along, Not That Tall Ort. Carlton in Zestful Athens, Georgia.
    #26
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    • Joined: 2005/08/15 16:17:00
    • Location: columbus, oh
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/01/25 04:43:38 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ort. Carlton.

    quote:
    Originally posted by roossy90
    Maybe Once I do start the thread, the posts corresponding to this on this thread can be moved by the mods to the proper thread.
    Thanks..


    Roossy,
    Be sure you figure out a way to link me there from here, or I'll be left out in the cold... and it's going down to near-freezing tonight!
    Lurching Along, Not That Tall Ort. Carlton in Zestful Athens, Georgia.

    Brrrrrrrrrr. Below freezing here.. About 30. How did you get to be so warm, when I am east of you?
    #27
    Rowsdower98
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 132
    • Joined: 2006/07/26 22:16:00
    • Location: Carbondale, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/03/29 06:48:10 (permalink)
    The remaining GD Ritzy's offer a 7 way with green pepper and tomato as ways six and seven. I've had their chili, though and it tastes likes 2 parts Texas chili to 1 part Cincy chili. Interpret that however you want.
    #28
    NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3053
    • Joined: 2005/06/16 23:00:00
    • Location: New York, NY/Santa Fe, NM
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/03/30 11:05:39 (permalink)
    #6 (or 7):
    What about a bit of fruit - peaches or raisins or apples. Think about it....

    (they do a lot of fruit salsas that are pretty good. Chili's sort like salsa, no?)
    #29
    dickestep
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 533
    • Joined: 2007/03/11 21:49:00
    • Location: Bacliff, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: What is the sixth way? 2007/03/30 11:54:05 (permalink)
    In my not so humble opinion, adding anything except cornbread and maybe a little rice to good chili is blasphemy. If you choose to do so, that's your bidness, though.
    #30
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1