The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What newly acquired music are you listening to lately?

Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 151 to 180 of 185
carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Thu, 06/17/10 5:07 PM (permalink)
I remember Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow album from mid 70's when I was in college.  i'd play it in the ole 8-track and before I knew it I'd be going 90 mph!

harleytexas

• Total Posts: 101
    Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Tue, 06/22/10 2:55 PM (permalink)
    The new Devo and Ozzy Osbourne albums

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
      Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Tue, 06/22/10 8:27 PM (permalink)
      A record collector of 78s I know made for me three CDs in chronological order of the recordings of Rosalie Allen, a New Jersey/New York- based country singer from the 1946-1953 era.  Pretty good stuff.

micheal

• Total Posts: 1
        Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 08/28/10 2:23 AM (permalink)
        Hi Friend,
        I love music.
        I've been listening to some of my old stuff again recently. Nothing better than to relax on the sofa with the headsets on. The current band getting a good listen to again are Spoon, I Turn My Camera On, what a great track.

hot new music releases 
        here we talk about What music are you listening to lately 
        when i am free than i listen
        I mostly listen to jazz when I'm on the computer.
        I mostly listen to jazz when I'm on the computer.

<message edited by micheal on Tue, 09/7/10 1:46 AM>

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
          Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 08/28/10 5:21 AM (permalink)
            Let's see.. I just downloaded "Copperhead Road" by Steve Earl. What a great album that is!!!  I also downloaded a few tracks by Blake Shelton. "Hillbilly Bone" and  "Tonight." Brian Setzer Orchestra, and Jewel are also some of my more recent downloads.

David O.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sun, 08/29/10 5:51 PM (permalink)
            The new John Mellencamp album is really really good.  I bought 2 albums by a group out of Kent, OH called The Speedbumps who I saw in Cleveland a few weeks ago. Both albums were far better than I expected.

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1598
              Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 11/20/10 4:27 PM (permalink)
              The Incredible Machine by Sugarland...really enjoy Jennifer Nettles voice.
              <message edited by cavandre on Sun, 11/21/10 9:06 AM>

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 11/20/10 5:14 PM (permalink)
                Tyranny and Mutation, Blue Oyster Cult's second album, which was released in 1973. I hadn't heard it since my eight-track days in the '70s, and had forgotten what great songs "The Red and the Black" and "Hot Rails to Hell" are.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Mon, 11/22/10 9:16 AM (permalink)
                  I was never a Blue Oyster Cult Fan but I know the wonderful experience of having music I liked and then not hearing it for 20 - 30 years, and then hearing it again.  really neat!

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1910
                    Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Mon, 11/22/10 10:32 AM (permalink)
                    cavandre

The Incredible Machine by Sugarland...really enjoy Jennifer Nettles voice.

Country music has a single button on my truck radio, so I was aware of Sugarland, but it wasn't until the CMA awards a few days ago that I learned what the buzz is about. What an incredible performance. This past Saturday I learned on Country top 40 that the song performed on the CMAs got to spend only a single week at number one, because they were up against the Zack Brown bands new single, "while she is walking away". If I had an ipod and knew how to use it, I'd download both songs. 

jmckee

• Total Posts: 1172
                      Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Mon, 11/22/10 12:44 PM (permalink)
                      Bryn Terfel's new compilation CD "Bad Boys," the best of opera villians.

Louis Armstrong, "The Complete Hot Fives and Hot Sevens." Simply amazing.

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1088
                        Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Mon, 11/22/10 2:05 PM (permalink)
                        Lately, I'll listen to anything by The National, particularly their new one, "High Violet". Also starting, once again, to listen to Incredible String Band. That's this week.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Tue, 11/23/10 8:15 AM (permalink)
                          Harriet, so nice to hear someone mention The Incredible String Band.  I loved that group in all of it's forms. 

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                            Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Tue, 11/23/10 8:48 AM (permalink)
                            Discovering all of the music of Kathy Young and the Innocents and her duets with Chris Montez...wonderful doo wop...

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Thu, 11/25/10 7:24 AM (permalink)
                              I just got Peter Rowan's new album, Legacy.  Think it came out in September.
                              If you like bluegrass it's a must have. 

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 04/6/11 8:48 AM (permalink)
                                Had to share this with y'all.  A friend of mine here in town, his son lives in Seattle and plays in an awesome band called Hot Club Sandwich.  I discovered that they have at least 7 - 8 albums available on iTunes and elsewhere and if you're a fan of Django Rhinehart or gypsy jazz/hot sounds you'll absolutely love this group.  Their most recent album features Dan Hicks as well, but they're all really excellent.

jmckee

• Total Posts: 1172
                                  Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 04/6/11 9:53 AM (permalink)
                                  Two things:
                                  Viva Domingo, a four-CD set in honor of Placido Domingo's 70th birthday.
                                  Louis Armstrong's Complete Hot Fives and Hot Sevens.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
                                    Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 04/6/11 6:25 PM (permalink)
                                    I've gotten hooked on Native American Music. There's a recording company here in Phoenix that's been producing Native American Artists for over 50 years. Both traditional and Contempoary Musicians. You can download their stuff. Several of their artists recently won Grammys. It's beautiful music.
                                    http://www.canyonrecords.com/

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Thu, 04/7/11 8:31 AM (permalink)
                                      I just bought an excellent album that I just found out about even though it's 10 years old now.  Done by Chris Brubeck ( Dave's son) and Joel Brown and Peter Mudcat Ruth, it's called triple Play and it's excellent music.  A great little version of Take Five and a classic Nobody Knows You When You're Down & out, and some other excellent numbers as well.

Big Kahuna Kooks

• Total Posts: 490
                                        Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Mon, 04/11/11 3:16 PM (permalink)
                                        1. Peter Mayer (lead guitarist for Jimmy Buffett) Hello Goodbye; a compilation of Beatles covers that are incredible in giving new arrangements and depth to our old favorites.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Tue, 04/19/11 10:57 AM (permalink)
                                          Alison Krauss & Union Station released their first new album in 7 years this week, Paper Airplane, and it's up to their usual excellent standards. 

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Thu, 04/21/11 10:49 AM (permalink)
                                            There's probably a few members old enough to have loved the rock group Quicksilver Messenger Service.  Even if you don't you know the song, "Get Together".  it's the archetypal song of the 60's and still popular.  Dina Valenti ( real name, Chet Powers) wrote that song and now the original version is available on a "new" album by him.  He died many years ago but someone found a box of tapes of his music and it's now been released into an album and it's fantastic.  Really good.

chicashgo

• Total Posts: 1
                                              Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 05/18/11 9:11 PM (permalink)
                                              Hello, just to say that Chicavasco is not in south america but rather north america in Mexico to be more exact. 

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 05/18/11 9:33 PM (permalink)
                                                Wow,  that's a wild first post.  I'm impressed.

A group from Cincinnati, Over the Rhine, is beginning to get noticed after being together as husband and wife for more than 20 years.  They have so many good albums.  The latest I got is one that was released last year called The Long Surrender.  Excellent music.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                  • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                  Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Thu, 05/19/11 4:39 AM (permalink)
                                                  James Taylor(again) at Carnegie Hall. His first performance was many, many years ago. I would still marry that man.

bulkcandy

• Total Posts: 5
                                                    Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 06/8/11 6:46 AM (permalink)
                                                    I've been listening to The Bran Flakes' "Stumble Out of Bed," a track that heavily samples Dolly Parton's "9 to 5." I really like this. 

The last CD I bought was Neko Case's new album, "Middle Cyclone." It's great. I love her voice.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 06/15/11 8:16 AM (permalink)
                                                      Anybody seen a TV show called Spectacle hosted by Elvis Costello?  He interviews other musicians and plays songs with them.  My son gave me a DVD of season 2 for my birthday but I've not heard of the show.

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                                                        Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Fri, 06/24/11 3:47 PM (permalink)
                                                        Carlton, I really loved the first season of Elvis Costello's Spectacle. He had some wonderful guests, Tony Bennett, Elton John, The Police, Lou Reed. He's a great interviewer. I hope Season 2 becomes available on Netflix soon.  

carlton pierre

• Location: Knoxville, TN
                                                          Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 06/25/11 9:29 AM (permalink)
                                                          Thank you, Improviser.  I'll look for Season 1 on Netflix.  Is the show still currently filming?

carlton pierre

• Location: Knoxville, TN
                                                            Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 06/25/11 9:31 AM (permalink)
                                                            Just got the new Antsy McClain album, Heroes Are Forever>  Excellent album recorder with The Trailer Park troubadours at Sun recording studio in Memphis.  So far, I've only been able to find it on his website but it's worth getting.
                                                            I also ordered a live Chris Smither album which is also only available on his website. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 151 to 180 of 185

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com