The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What newly acquired music are you listening to lately?

Change Page: < 1234567 | Showing page 7 of 7, messages 181 to 185 of 185
Mosca

• Total Posts: 2936
Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sat, 06/25/11 10:08 AM (permalink)
improviser

Carlton, I really loved the first season of Elvis Costello's Spectacle. He had some wonderful guests, Tony Bennett, Elton John, The Police, Lou Reed. He's a great interviewer. I hope Season 2 becomes available on Netflix soon.  

I've seen it. One of the best is his sit down with Bruce Springsteen. They talk about how much they listened to and learned from each other in the late '70s, it was phenomenal.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
    Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sun, 06/26/11 3:01 PM (permalink)
    I went to the Rock & Roll HOF last week in Cleveland and loved the new way it's being done with the histroy being done in chronological order.  I almost had tears looking at the actual piece of paper that John Lennon wrote "In My Life".  The whole place is holy ground.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Fri, 07/1/11 8:42 PM (permalink)
      I've been re-groovin' to a band from early 70's lately called Barclay James Harvest.  What an awesome sound. 

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Sun, 07/3/11 7:33 AM (permalink)
        I just got the new album from Gillian Welch, The Harrow & The Harvest" that just came out this week and it is a solid winner.  I was so pleased with it's sound.  She is on tour as well.

carlton pierre

Re:What newly acquired music are you listening to lately? Wed, 07/11/12 7:37 AM (permalink)
          2 "new" artists to mention that I really like a lot.  Charlie Parr.  Kind of a cross between Leo Kottke and an old blues guy.  He's kind of regional in that he lives in Minnesota and tends to hang in that part of the country.
          The other is Curtis Ellis.  This guy really blows me away.  Eccentric banjo player, and he has a ton of videos on YouTube you can check him out pretty easily.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: < 1234567 | Showing page 7 of 7, messages 181 to 185 of 185

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com