The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What was the name of those corn chips?

Saint Matt

• Total Posts: 183
What was the name of those corn chips? Sun, 01/9/05 3:12 AM (permalink)
Does anyone remember a brand of corn chips that had an American Indian cartoon character on the package? The chips had a sort of "crinkle cut" shape. I know they were available in California in the 70's and maybe the early 80's.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4715
    RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Tue, 01/11/05 11:06 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Saint Matt

Does anyone remember a brand of corn chips that had an American Indian cartoon character on the package? The chips had a sort of "crinkle cut" shape. I know they were available in California in the 70's and maybe the early 80's.

Possibly "Indian Corn Chips"? That's a name I seem to recall from that era here in the Midwest...IIRC the chips were larger, kind of wavy, and a little thicker than Fritos.

Brad

renfrew

• Total Posts: 696
      RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Tue, 01/11/05 11:13 AM (permalink)
      Your description reminded me of Dipsy Doodles, something I had not thought of in years. If they dont make those, would DDs satisfy? Do they even make those anymore?

Saint Matt

RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Wed, 01/12/05 2:40 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Brad_Olson

quote:

Possibly "Indian Corn Chips"? That's a name I seem to recall from that era here in the Midwest...IIRC the chips were larger, kind of wavy, and a little thicker than Fritos.

Brad

Your description sounds like them. I think they came in different flavors too (BBQ?).

Glen

• Total Posts: 2
          RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Fri, 01/28/05 11:44 PM (permalink)
          I remember around 1969 when I was a kid living in Wichita, KS, a brand I think that was called Indian Corn Chips. I remember these Indian design "tattoos" that came in every package. You would wet it, put it on your skin and peel the backing off. One design I remember was an Indian chief's headress.

mimsy

• Total Posts: 13
            RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Wed, 02/2/05 1:18 AM (permalink)
            quote:

I remember those, made you feel less guilty about eating a chip, they looked healthy at least. If memory serves me correctly I believe they were made my Eagle Brand chips and I do think they were called Indian Corn Chips, or close to that.. they came in a silver bag with an Indian cheif on the front top of the bag.
            ..thanks for the memories..

mimsy

• Total Posts: 13
              RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Wed, 02/2/05 1:21 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by renfrew

Your description reminded me of Dipsy Doodles, something I had not thought of in years. If they dont make those, would DDs satisfy? Do they even make those anymore?

Okay..now, Dipsy Doodles.. that brings some faint recollections back but I can not pinpoint exactly what they tasted or looked like..maybe I never ate them, only recall the adds, that would explain the mind lapse perhaps. Help my burning curiosity, describe them.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Wed, 02/2/05 2:25 AM (permalink)
                Here is a picture and description of Dipsy Doodles: http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=400

Saint Matt

RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Thu, 03/3/05 4:52 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by 6star

Here is a picture and description of Dipsy Doodles: http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=400

Yes! Those Dipsy Doodles are just like the "Indian" corn chips I was thinking of.

jmaines3

• Total Posts: 1
                    RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Thu, 03/3/05 4:53 PM (permalink)
                    quote:

They were called Wampums, sold at Lucky's. They came in plain and BBQ.

Saint Matt

RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Thu, 03/3/05 5:03 PM (permalink)
                      Thanks! That must be them. I know they came in plain and BBQ.

Cheri

RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Wed, 10/5/05 9:02 PM (permalink)
                        Yes, I remember them in the early 80's..in Missouri.
                        In fact I'd like some more..Indian Corn Chips. anyone know where I can get some?

urel

RE: What was the name of those corn chips? Sun, 02/10/08 6:38 PM (permalink)
                          Yes! Indian Corn Chips! The ones I remember were shaped liked little arrowheads. They seemed a little puffier than something like a Frito. I know we got them in IL.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com