What we LOVE about the Roadfood website

Author
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2883
2007/03/28 15:38:32 (permalink)

What we LOVE about the Roadfood website

Recently there was a topic about suggested improvements.

I wanted to open up a topic for all complimenting, fawning, bowing, scraping, etc.

I once again forgot to put in my password correctly, and was bounced back a screen. I want to say, I am so grateful that when you have to back up a screen, this site does not automatically erase your post! Almost every other site and blog I'm on erases your post at the slightest mis-key, and I just wanted to say how much I love that feature!

13 Replies Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4274
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/28 15:43:07 (permalink)
    Not sure why the site likes you better than me. Anytime I forget to put in my password and get bumped back, my carefully considered words disappear forever.

Buddy
    Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/28 16:08:51 (permalink)
    'Tis odd, Buddy, for I too have enjoyed the singular joy of being gently chided, "There is a problem!" and been able to put in my password (and yes, I could avoid that by being logged in all the time, but that's not my choice) and been able to recover my post in its entirety. I love this feature too!

I also love all the time options when selecting active topics. Veddy nice. Tenk you veddy much, Roadfood.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/29 00:23:25 (permalink)
    I enjoy the changes.. Sometimes it takes a day or two to get over them, but they're all good!
    Sort of eager to see if the rumor of new forum software happens.. Now that will be interesting... (We'll have to pitch in and buy some hard hats and armed security for the moderators)..

Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/29 00:44:30 (permalink)
    Well, I'm just here to meet women, BUT:

Switch to Mozilla Firefox as your browser. It always remembers your password, and it's less likely to catch a virus.

The drawback with using it on Roadfood is that the "font management" tools don't work right, and so you have to cut and paste the controls. (You'll just have to experience it to see what I mean.)

However, I've never had my "carefully-crafted" pearls of wisdom needlessly deleted since I started using Firefox.
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/29 13:30:27 (permalink)
    Ive actually had both happen when forgetting to check if I was logged in b4 attempting to post, sometimes what I typed is still there, sometimes not.

What makes this place enjoyabl;e for me is the people and the banter. The first post I read this morning was "Why" and it had me actually chuckling
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/29 18:43:33 (permalink)

As a Moderator, I have to say that the support of the other Moderators in sharing the 'load' is right up there near the top for me. We communicate well with each other, and seem to agree on solutions to problems without a lot of hassle.

The social experience of the 'get-togethers in various locations is also something that We have enjoyed a lot. I have made some friends-for-life here and value those friendships immensely.

With the volume of 'traffic' on the site, we are bound to have some problems, but when these happen, it seems that we get them resolved fairly quickly.

Since my computer skills are a bit primitive, I seek assistance from my associates quite often, and find that people here on Roadfood, not only the moderators, are more than willing to help when they can.

Finally...and probably why most of us are here in the first place. I love travel and food, and I love to discuss travel and food with folks who enjoy those topics also. AND there is no better place on the Web to do that (IMHO) than Roadfood.com
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13522
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/30 16:42:20 (permalink)
    Travel and good food go hand in hand. Where ever I go I am looking for great roads, great places to visit and of course, Good food. No doubt that this is the site to find all of the above.

I view the site as a forum for not only good road food but great travel. I think the Mayor and others have provided us all with some of the above.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/30 17:14:50 (permalink)
    My favorite thing about this site is the great advice that I've gotten from other posters about where to go eat. Through your assistance, I have found gems at all levels of price and dining ambition, ranging from Alan Wong's, a very expensive and incredible restaurant in Honolulu, to middle-of-the-road-type places like Sadie's Cocinata in Albuquerque, to great bargain places like LM restaurant in Amarillo Texas and Moose Cafe in Asheville, NC (boy, I get around, don't I? ) To all, thank you, thank you, thank you!
    iqdiva
    • Total Posts : 1491
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/30 17:58:23 (permalink)
    Wonderful advice,good recipes...Good Folks!
    MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5466
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/31 00:29:29 (permalink)
    I mostly agree,

Wonderful advice,good recipes...Mostly Good Folks!

MikeS.
    iqdiva
    • Total Posts : 1491
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/31 00:31:09 (permalink)
    Now,now Mike....
    A Creole Cook
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 34
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/31 00:41:38 (permalink)
    EVERYTHING!
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: What we LOVE about the Roadfood website 2007/03/31 11:12:17 (permalink)
    This has been a travel transforming place for me. Wherever we go, we look for advice here on good places to eat and we have never eaten at a place that did not serve decent chow. Tucson has become a favored food destination for the family as a result of restaurants mentioned here. I have even found hidden treasures here in Portland as a result of the Stern's searches.
    Even more importantly, I have found a community of interesting souls with whom to converse, share, and learn. I have been fortunate enough to meet Bill Voss, Where Greggeats, the Edge, B.T., Travelin' Man, and Elise T in person and all proved to be boon companions and great meal mates. I am looking forward to meeting more of you in Nashville and at least a couple of folks who are coming through Portland, Oregon this spring and summer.
    It is has also been a pleasure to share what I can about the great restaurants in the Portland area and the state of Oregon. I love this place and I am always delighted to share the wonders of my home state with anyone.
    It is also hard to overstate the pleasure I have had reading these boards and learning about people. Thank you to all, even Frank
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1