What will you be handing out for Halloween?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Ashphalt
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1644
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/01 13:18:46 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by pinetree

Last night when I was out with my little boys, we were walking up to a spooky looking house, and a group of older middle school boys were leaving...they looked like they were up to no good, and they were muttering..."pencils...watch out for the pencils."

My three year old looked nervous...I think he thought a giant pencil was going to stab him. We went in. A withered hand reached out of the mist, and gave each boy a goodie bag that included...a pencil (which is what horrified the middle school kids) and a bag of halloween pretzels of all things...no candy. So my advice is if you don't want your mailbox blown up, don't hand out pencils. Stick with snickers bars.....its safer. And don't run out! Someone was handing out candy canes (obviously left over from Christmas last year)...but the three year old started to eat his right away.

Great story. Now I'm thinking...

"No-one could imagine the horrors awiting them behind the door of... The Pencil House!!! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

Pencils, hunh? Did they run out of socks?
rjb
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 451
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/01 13:39:00 (permalink)
We found a site that sells old candy and gave out Nickle Nips (the little wax Coke bottles with the syrup inside) Bonomo turkish taffy and Pop Rocks. I wanted to include bubble gum cigarettes just for anti-correctness, but got voted down.

The kids were clueless about this stuff but their parents loved it. A fun change from M&Ms and Reeses
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5566
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/01 13:48:15 (permalink)
we ended up passing our kit-kats and reeses peanut butter cups.
xannie_01
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/01 13:51:03 (permalink)
we had 53 goblins show up.
first time we ever ran out of treats.
Wendy62
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 81
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/01 13:57:44 (permalink)
You know I didn't get as many Trick-or-Treaters as I've gotten most years. I had 3 big bags of assorted Hersheys minis, plus 3 bags of lolipops, and when the evening was over, I still had a couple bags unopened.
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/06 00:26:51 (permalink)
Each year my Mom (rip ) would beg me not to go out for Halloween...afraid that I would catch cold. She generally offered me $5 to stay home.

"Aw, shucks, Mom," I'd retort, "I'll get a lot more than that."

Well, following a fun night of Trick or Treating, I'd bring my pillowcase home, and dump everything on the kitchen table, a two-pronged tradition, both for scrutinizing the safety of the night’s catch and to gleefully examine the booty.

A counting of the cash, much to my amazement, inevitably yielded about $.37. All of which proved I didn’t have much business sense. But I sure had fun, even if some years I did catch a cold.

The Bear
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6474
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/06 11:54:04 (permalink)
It was cool and rainy here

Made 75 treat bags, but only gave out 34 (8 of those to the firemen as they drove by in the firetruck)

Just means lots of leftover in my candy bowl, just what a diabetic needs!
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 913
RE: What will you be handing out for Halloween? 2006/11/06 12:20:01 (permalink)
That's a drag about the leftover candy Cajunking. Besides freezing it There's not much you can do with it ... maybe bake with it?

Halloween I spent the evening at my girlfriends. She bought Gummi Body Parts - turned out to be a very popular choice. I had fun especially with the real little ones; they'd hobble up and I'd say "let's see what we have for this Princess (etc), how about ... an EYEBALL" and I'd pull out the eyeball and "look at them" with it; causing many of them to burst into giggles. The kids really liked the Body Parts choice and knew what it was by name.

My brother and his wife left for a party midway through the trick-or-treating period but while they were home they gave out Fortune Cookies ... a friend of his from a restaurant supply gave him a couple big bags of them.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1