Hot!What would you do as an owner?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 678
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/10 11:16:51 (permalink)
Texascajun

JayL

lleechef

Way to go Tom!  And yes, between you, me and pnwchef we certainly have seen it all!!!!  For the most part, customers are pretty much OK but there are some crazies out there........ 

I had a lady with a mixed drink stick it in front of her ~10 year old, put it to his lips, and make him take a drink.

They weren't too pleasant when I told them to not let me ever see that again.

I took the kids to San Antonio this summer, the hotel we stayed at had free cocktails all day. I ordered 3 virgin tequila sunrises. I don't drink alcohol much anymore and esp. with my son and daughter and we were sitting in the community area not the bar. We were on our second round when in walks the highway patrol (why him and not local I don't know) and comes over and asks me to come outside. He smiles at me and says he didn't really want to be involved in this but please don't let the children drink alcohol. I explained it to him and he laughed, shook my hand, patted me on the back and said God bless you and went on his way ( im sure he had already talked to bartender or someone and knew they were non alcoholic and just needed to make contact). I returned to the kids and of course had to explain it all to them. We laughed about it also. About 10 minutes later a lady walks over to me and shouts that people like me shouldn't be allowed to have children. I tried to explain to her but she stormed off. The hotel manager came over and apologized and when I told him I thought it was funny and my 13 and 14 year old were laughing, we were friends the rest of the week. 
Not sure why the police were involved in any way or who called them. Unless you were forcing your kids to drink alcohol, people need to mind their own business!  This is why I hate people, but only on days ending in 'Y'.  And as for the buttinsky lady, you were far kinder than I would have been.

And well done Chewy!!

Texascajun
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 135
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/10 19:59:39 (permalink)
eruby

Texascajun

JayL

lleechef

Way to go Tom!  And yes, between you, me and pnwchef we certainly have seen it all!!!!  For the most part, customers are pretty much OK but there are some crazies out there........ 

I had a lady with a mixed drink stick it in front of her ~10 year old, put it to his lips, and make him take a drink.

They weren't too pleasant when I told them to not let me ever see that again.

I took the kids to San Antonio this summer, the hotel we stayed at had free cocktails all day. I ordered 3 virgin tequila sunrises. I don't drink alcohol much anymore and esp. with my son and daughter and we were sitting in the community area not the bar. We were on our second round when in walks the highway patrol (why him and not local I don't know) and comes over and asks me to come outside. He smiles at me and says he didn't really want to be involved in this but please don't let the children drink alcohol. I explained it to him and he laughed, shook my hand, patted me on the back and said God bless you and went on his way ( im sure he had already talked to bartender or someone and knew they were non alcoholic and just needed to make contact). I returned to the kids and of course had to explain it all to them. We laughed about it also. About 10 minutes later a lady walks over to me and shouts that people like me shouldn't be allowed to have children. I tried to explain to her but she stormed off. The hotel manager came over and apologized and when I told him I thought it was funny and my 13 and 14 year old were laughing, we were friends the rest of the week. 
Not sure why the police were involved in any way or who called them. Unless you were forcing your kids to drink alcohol, people need to mind their own business!  This is why I hate people, but only on days ending in 'Y'.  And as for the buttinsky lady, you were far kinder than I would have been.

And well done Chewy!!

I assumed the nice lady called them. Like I said I'm sure he checked with bartender before coming over and asking to talk to me. The officer was extremely nice and comical. Watching my kids walk around and act drunk for a few days afterwards really got old though.
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/11 07:54:23 (permalink)
Texascajun

I assumed the nice lady called them. Like I said I'm sure he checked with bartender before coming over and asking to talk to me. The officer was extremely nice and comical. Watching my kids walk around and act drunk for a few days afterwards really got old though.
I apologize for my ignorance, but by "nice lady" do you mean the lady who shouted at you?  And when you say "he checked with the bartender" do you mean the highway patrol officer?

If the shouting lady called the cops, once the cops spoke with the bartender they should have spoken only to the shouting lady and told her to mind her own businessas there was no law being broken.  The cops should NEVER have talked to you IMHO.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/11 08:08:05 (permalink)
The officer was doing his job & I'm sure covering all the bases in case the person who reported this in the first place decided to persue the matter further...if he didn't speak with the parent of the children.
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/11 08:34:22 (permalink)
CCinNJ

The officer was doing his job & I'm sure covering all the bases in case the person who reported this in the first place decided to persue the matter further...if he didn't speak with the parent of the children.
Mr. Bartender, did you servethat lady alcohol?
No Officer, she has virgin drinks.
Thank you Mr Bartender.
Shouty lady, the lady with kids has no alcohol.  Have a nice day.
The End.

I disagree with the premise that the cop was "just doing his job".  I will not Godwin this thread however.

I also give my word I will not post again in this thread.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/11 14:27:53 (permalink)
The officer was very nice about it & knew the deal before even saying a word.

I'd be happy for a just so you know heads-up so I could steer away from the miserable lady...whenever possible. Or...cheer her up.
ces1948
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1510
Re:What would you do as an owner? 2014/02/11 22:46:31 (permalink)
The people should've taken their sick kid through a drive-thru but having said that they could have caused a stink about not being able to get food for their sick kid etc at your place.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1