Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 72
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 20:39:10
A pound and a half of love....(my lunch special today)
Carne asada, miacoba beans, rice, jack cheese, fire roasted tomatillo & avocado salsa.

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 20:42:18
No real dinner for me tonight, I'm doing a Christian show and they tend to not pay for catering or give us enough time off to go get food. So, I'm in the booth eating a peanut butter and honey sandwich, with canned sliced pears and a fiber bar. These are the days I really wish we had a microwave available at the arena. 
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 20:47:03
Chefbuba I'm experiencing food envy!

I forgot the Jody Maroni picture.  It's on the Boardwalk in Venice, California.  I hadn't been on the Boardwalk for almost 15 years.  I might go again next week as I hear they're clearing out all the vendors that sell imported or questionable items.

Every few shops seem to be selling $40 prescriptions for medical marijuana.  They're outside shouting... The doctor is in.  

I didn't take a picture of the sandwich because they ruined "the look" when they wrapped it up.
chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 21:00:04
I used to go to Jody's every once in a while....Hot dog on a stick still there?
I always enjoyed watching the lemonade being made
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 21:17:29
ChefBuba, looks good my boy......

Mar, the Sausage sounds good and the place looks fun, hope you enjoyed.....
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/17 18:44:17
I tried a new recipe for chicken adobo with coconut milk. Mom thought it was great, I'm a little better than neutral on it. Served with brown rice and broccoli.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicken-adobo-coconut-milk
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/19 19:40:51
Boneless BBQ ribs in the crock pot, served with smashed red potatoes (boiled with several cloves of garlic, then smashed with butter and a touch of milk) and steamed asparagus.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/crock-pot-bbq-ribs
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/19 20:52:14
Looks great.

I'm having Costco prepared Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes.  I'll edit this later to report on how it tastes.

Loved the potatoes, did not like the meat.   Won't be buying again.
post edited by mar52 - 2012/02/19 21:51:13
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/19 21:04:24
mar52

Looks great.

I'm having Costco prepared Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes.  I'll edit this later to report on how it tastes.

If it's like the one I bought at Costco, and you like it, well......!

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/19 21:56:37
That's the one you didn't like?  It was salty and what did they mix in with the meat?  Nasty!
Filetofish
Hamburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/20 08:04:42
Cheeseburgers on the grill with buttered, grilled rolls. Baked beans with onions and Neuske's bacon. Schonlands NC hot dogs with buttered, grilled rolls as well.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/27 01:49:43
Grilled sweet spicey skinless boneless chicken thighs...

1 pound of chicken (5 pieces) brined for 1.5 hours...

Besides salt, the brine includes 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes, 1 Tbsp dry onion flakes, 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp liquid smoke, 1 Tbsp terriyaki flavor...

Mixed and let set for 1.5 hours...

Grilled until done, greased with Kinders bbq sauce just before removing from grill to cook it in a few minutes...

Yummmm

Too hungry & didn't last long enough to take pictures... 
post edited by BackRhodes - 2012/02/27 01:56:09
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/27 14:39:54
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

Comfort food at its finest.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/27 15:00:39
I finally have a night off!!! Plus, I'm on my own for dinner. So I'm doing homemade pancakes (why anyone would ever use a mix is beyond me), fried red potatoes with sour cream, scrambled eggs with Tabasco, bacon, toast with honey and apple juice. Nothing like a plateful of carbs after a solid week of working ridiculous hours!
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/27 15:17:42
You know the saying made popular by Mama Cass:  "Sing for your supper, and you'll get breakfast"...

Safeway had Tri-Tip on sale for $3.99 a pound, so I bought 2 of them...and I'm going to swing by again today...

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/29 00:57:19
Tonight I did meatloaf (recipe from my 1954 Watkins cookbook) with sweet and sour carrots. I took pictures, but meatloaf always looks like hell. Tasty, though! And perfect comfort food since I woke up with the plague. Or a horrific cold. One of the two.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/29 01:14:15
A baked potato with butter, a little salt and pepper.

Russet.

Dental work today.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/29 23:36:52
Last night was Nachos - the regular ones with yellow corn Santitas, seasoned ground beef, freshly shredded sharp Cheddar, black olives, green onions, salsa and hot sliced jalepenos - and a few ice cold Buds - it was almost 80 degrees here last night -
chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/29 23:46:33
Beef stew & tappioca pudding.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/01 00:50:22
Still miserably sick. I had oatmeal with a ton of butter and brown sugar. And some blackberry yogurt.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/01 00:53:24
Hope you're feeling better.  Oatmeal is always good.

Chips and guacamole for me.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/01 04:08:34
Grilled Terriyaki New York Steak... had to wait between snow flurries before taking tarp off of the grill...
post edited by BackRhodes - 2012/03/01 04:11:07
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/02 22:03:50

Appetizer Night!  BBQ wings - Potato Skins - Guacamole & Chips...
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/02 22:10:04
Pork chops, cut up and mixed in with stir fried peppers and onions.  It was awful.  I want chocolate.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/02 22:42:13
Cream of tomato soup with grilled cheese. I am really very tired of being sick.
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 09:19:19
Pan seared sea scallops with homemade spinach pesto.  Steamed asparagus.  Halved cherry tomatoes with chopped fresh basil, olive oil and fig basalmic vinegar.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 09:33:40
Last night I made broccoli rabe (sauteed with garlic, red pepper flakes and cannellini beans) and hot sausage. Wonderful. Some call it beans and greens. Some. Not me.

The leftover rabe will be added to a sauce of olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley, more red pepper and anchovies to be tossed with linguine for another meal.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 16:25:15
Breakfast again. Still sick. Pancakes from scratch, scrambled eggs with cheese and Tabasco, bagels with Philly Indulgence milk chocolate cream cheese. Tall glass of raspberry Emergen-C on the side.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-pancakes
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 18:18:54
mar52   Pork chops, cut up and mixed in with stir fried peppers and onions.  It was awful.  I want chocolate.   

Aw...poor Mar...here, have a chocolate bar...

So what part didn't work...???  By themselves the ingredients you used are ok...

This reminds me of a lesson I learned in my teen years: it doesn't take much "dinking with" to screw up the simple EGG...as in scrambled eggs...as in "lets try putting some of this in there"... I screwed up some batches of eggs so bad that not only would I not eat them, but neither would the dog or cats...

Cooking is kitchen alchemy...sometimes with bad results...but once in a while we surprise even ourselves when it turns out ok...the learning curve is not linear...

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 18:21:58
Dinner last night:

Grilled Kosher hot dog and grilled terriyaki chicken thighs (bone in) and blackberry pie for dessert...
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 18:56:49
On the weekends we do a late lunch/early dinner. After a walk along the Columbia river with the dogs, my little girl on a Scooter and my wife., it was time to get cooking. They had asparagus on sale for .99 cents a lb, those are prices when its in season, so it looked and sounded great. I made Chicken Bearnaise, with rice and asparagus. The Bearnaise sauce goes great with chicken and also topped on the asparagus. .................pnwc

baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/03 21:24:52
pnwchef - that's one good looking dinner - I wish we could get in on some .99 asparagus - I bought some today for 1.99 lb.  I'm going to grill it tomorrow night along with a 2" ribeye and some bacon wrapped potatoes.

Tonight I've got a small pork sirloin roast grilling and some potatoes and onions wrapped in foil on the grill.  That and a salad will be dinner in about 30 minutes.  
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/04 04:08:34
This is a 2.2 pound Tri-Tip...grilled with indirect heat...

Yum...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/04 18:48:11
Wow...I really, really want some of that tri-tip!!!

Tonight I did crab-stuffed chicken, roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar, and leftover sweet and sour carrots. I'm not well yet, but at least my voice is back and I can sort-of taste food again!

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/crab-stuffed-chicken-breasts
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/roasted-asparagus-balsamic-vinegar
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet-and-sour-carrots
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/05 01:11:35
These meals look wonderful.  Mine wasn't so great.

Dinah's in Culver City, California has been there for many years.  They're famous for their chicken, so I ordered the chicken plate which was smaller than the chicken dinner.

Not the best friend chicken I have had.  Edible describes it best except for the parts that were too salty.

The creamed spinach was like paste with big hunks of bacon in it as well as too much nutmeg, because I could really taste it.  That said, I loved the spinach.

The carrots were sweet like sugar and I bet sucrose was somewhere in the recipe.   Also good.

They start you off with a nondescript dinner roll, a slice of banana bread and soup or salad with crackers.  I had the salad which was great.  They make their own French Dressing which might not be like any other French I've had, but I also like it.

Too bad that the food that made them famous is failing.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/05 20:44:41
Perhaps it's time for Restaurant Impossible to save the day......
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/05 20:53:34
Par for the course in my world...tried to broil some pork chops. Broiler element in the oven has a short and quit halfway through, so ended up frying them. Burned them, because it's been about a hundred years since I've fried pork chops. Forgot to microwave the frozen broccoli. Left the lima beans on the burner for so long they kinda became mush. But hey...all of that meant dinner was so late we couldn't make it to the evening visitation for my aunt, so I guess it's like a win.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/06 02:09:09
Tacos carne asada with guacamole & pico de gallo...

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/06 21:07:48
Breakfast for dinner.  French Toast.

chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/06 21:51:41
Roasted chicken w/ roasted red potatoes, roasted carrots, mushrooms & sweet onions.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/06 22:16:34
21* and 5 mph wind from the west...I think I'm gonna cook inside tonight...

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/06 22:21:38
felix4067
Wow...I really, really want some of that tri-tip!!!

I still have some of this left (the center part) and I'm cooking another Thursday...this time it was Raleys that had  them on sale for $3.99 a pound...

You're welcome to join my virtual table, BYOB...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/06 22:22:32
That french toast looks really tasty, mar!

I made cod with basil sauce, served with French green beans (canned) and mixed vegetables in cheese sauce (frozen).

Note to self: frozen cod fillets do NOT stay together when thawed and fried.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 01:19:49
I want to get in to fish.  I'm the only one at home that likes salmon which I used to plank grill for lunch at my store.

I looked at what was available the other day and the prices were crazy!  $23 a pound for halibut and swordfish.  Then there were some filets of some fish I never heard of that were reasonable... but what were they?  I forget the name.

Maybe I'll try again on my next visit.  I like fish.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 01:40:15
BackRhodes, I'd be delighted! I've got the perfect bottle of petit syrah to go with it..

mar, right now is the best time to try different fish...not sure why the halibut and swordfish were so expensive, but everything should be on sale for Lent. This week tilapia is on sale here two pounds for $7.00 (granted, they're frozen fillets, but you can't be too picky when you live in the middle of the country). If it was up to me, we'd eat fish 2-3 times a week. I've got a million recipes, all of them diabetic-friendly.

What were the ones you weren't familiar with? I might know...not everything is available here, but I get around.
6star
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 09:51:17
I am betting it was either tilapia or swai that Mar hadn't heard of.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 17:24:40
Swai it was!
It looked nice.  Two filets for $7.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 17:44:20
I had a few Salmon Filets in the freezer, I flaked off the meat and made them into Salmon patties with a Remoulade sauce.

Mar, good looking French Toast.
BelleReve
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 17:50:57
Chicken cacciatore over spaghetti, salad, and French bread.  It's strawberry season, and for dessert from Pat Conroy's cookbook, I made his mother-in-law's pound cake which will serve with sliced strawberries over, and whipped cream. 
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 18:03:44
pnwchef, would you mind sharing your Remoulade sauce recipe? I can't seem to find one I like.

Tonight I'm having a cheeseburger with Cajun Power garlic sauce and pickles. Probably end up filling in with some chips and cheese at the bar later on (we make them with Doritos, because we can).
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 18:31:33
Bill, those look outstanding!  I'd also like the recipe.

I was foolish and thought I could go in the kitchen and fry up some onions and potatoes for later tonight.

Our very early suppers were...

Chorizo, potatoes, onions and eggs for me.

Fried eggs and bacon for Sharon.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 18:35:12
felix4067

pnwchef, would you mind sharing your Remoulade sauce recipe? I can't seem to find one I like.

Tonight I'm having a cheeseburger with Cajun Power garlic sauce and pickles. Probably end up filling in with some chips and cheese at the bar later on (we make them with Doritos, because we can).

Felix.........Mayo, lemon juice, Horshradish, Ketchup, mustard, granulated garlic, onion powder, Cajun sea, Woo sauce, Paprika, Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning, Pepper, salt......I don't measure anything, this goes nice with Crab cakes.................
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 18:36:26
Those pictures were taken with my new 4S Iphone.  I'm very impressed with it.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 18:38:57
Mar, your eggs look good, and I bet the Chorizo hit the spot......
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 19:03:44
Excellent, thanks! I'll play around with the amounts. I think it's the Tony Chachere I've been missing.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/07 19:17:05
Cooked chocolate pudding topped with half and half.... later tonight.

If I can wait.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/09 01:02:51
I got lazy, plus I had some ground beef defrosted. So...Zatarain's Dirty Rice. It's serviceable food, especially when you add some onion and green pepper to the meat and some Cajun Power garlic sauce to the finished product.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/09 16:25:30
Mar...for best results, back away a little but more, it will look a bit sharper...you can always crop the image with photoshop, or (MS) Paint (comes with every copy of Windows...look in the ACCESSORIES section of All Programs)...that is a fixed focus lens that struggles at any distance closer than 2.5 ~3 feet...

Now you can take photo's when eating out...just as if this is the twenty first century...

I've sometimes forgotten to take my pocket camera out of my car, and actually have it in my pocket...and I've missed a few opportunities to snap a photo of a plate of good grub...and it's way too late once my plate is empty...

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/09 16:32:05
Dinner last night was grilled Tri-Tip...a large 2.7# one that was on sale at Ray's (a chain store HQ'd in Oregon)

Sourdough garlic bread toasted on the grill

Tri-tip with red pepper flakes on the fat side...cooked fat side up over indirect heat...

Chocolate fudge for dessert...

pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/03/09 17:28:28
WOW, it's 72 degrees in my part of Washington State, knocked off a nice plate of Spaghetti and meatballs with garli bread. I'm sitting here with a full belly and my wife comes over and says, we need walk off this meal. Time for a  walk with the dogs along the Columbia river.............

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 72