The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 128, messages 61 to 90 of 3832
CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 09/17/11 11:52 PM (permalink)
Fried Corn Meal Mush - Dusted with a bit of cajun seasoning and a bit of hot pepper cheese melted on top.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 09/18/11 1:06 AM (permalink)
    I had Knorr Pasta Sides Chicken Broccoli doctored up with a 5 oz. can of Hormel chunk white & dark chicken, some frozen chopped broccoli, a little frozen pepper & onion, and a little shredded swiss cheese.  I also cooked some fresh parsnips that Wally World had.  (In case you are wondering, I normally eat just one meal a day.  I live alone, and splitting it up and eating more than one meal results in a refrigerator full of leftovers.)

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 09/23/11 5:05 PM (permalink)
      Last night was Balsamic Roast Chicken http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00366 (I also put a couple of shallots inside with the rosemary) with baby carrots (roasted with butter and Italian-Romano seasoning) and rice with peas and some of the drippings mixed in.

Tonight I'm pressed for time because I got out of work late, so we're having it again.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17800
        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 09/23/11 5:46 PM (permalink)
        Tonight it will be two or three really awful hot dogs at the Gahanna Lincoln High School football game against Lancaster. The dogs will be worse than usual because the rain will make them even more soggy than is standard. But the hot chocolate, chalky as ever, will more than make up for everything. lleechef is in for a treat.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2226
          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 09/23/11 6:43 PM (permalink)
          Michael Hoffman

Tonight it will be two or three really awful hot dogs at the Gahanna Lincoln High School football game against Lancaster. The dogs will be worse than usual because the rain will make them even more soggy than is standard. But the hot chocolate, chalky as ever, will more than make up for everything. lleechef is in for a treat.

And you will be back nextweek, with a smile on your face for more................

speechpeach

• Total Posts: 239
            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 09/24/11 12:47 PM (permalink)
            Dinner will be Rotisserie chicken, turnip greens, creamed corn, English peas and fried cornbread it I decide to make some of the cornbread. Later on possibly will have a chocolate chip cookie and hot tea or coccoa while watching a movie.

baileysoriginal

• Total Posts: 758
              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 09/24/11 8:51 PM (permalink)
              It's football tonight - grilling some Buffalo Shrimp & ABT's and whipping up some guacamole.  And that's it. 
               A roast is in the crock pot for lunch tomorrow. 

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 09/24/11 10:05 PM (permalink)
                PNWCHEF

Michael Hoffman

And you will be back nextweek, with a smile on your face for more................

Absolutely!

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 09/25/11 12:04 AM (permalink)
                  Pot roast, w/ roasted carrots, roasted yukon golds, crimini mushrooms, fresh picked corn on the cob, french bread.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 09/25/11 12:52 AM (permalink)
                    The show fed us: prime rib, corn, green beans, Yorkshire pudding, and some kinda goofy stuffing muffin-type things with cranberries and walnuts.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 900
                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 09/25/11 10:14 AM (permalink)
                      MrsOC just informed me that she is making a lasagne for dinner tonight.  I will try to remember to take a photo
                      <message edited by ChrisOC on Sun, 09/25/11 10:15 AM>

BackRhodes

• Total Posts: 652
                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 09/25/11 7:13 PM (permalink)
                        It was way overdue...

My taste buds were severely out of calibration...

So I drove down to Willits (CA) and ate at Taquaria Bravo last night...

I always tip them, and they know what I want as soon as I walk through the door...

Their fresh fried chips are always thin and crunchy...the salsa rojas is dominated by jalapeno & cumino, and the guacamole based salsa verde is something I really look forward to...

My plate of 3 carne asada soft tacos was served muy rapido...I was the only person there when I walked in...and as usual the meat was hot, juicy, and flavorful (just like a good girlfriend)...washed down with Mexican Cokes...

The place was half full when I left...

It's a 68 mile round trip, but I'd gladly do it every day IF it was financially feasable... 

As it is I try to eat there several times a month...

Or whenever my tastebuds need calibration...

Yummy...

Dinner tonight will be a super burger on the grill with Kinders bbq sauce...

<message edited by BackRhodes on Sun, 09/25/11 7:28 PM>

ChrisOC

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 09/29/11 10:18 AM (permalink)
                          It took me awhile, but here is the photo of the lasagne Mrs. OC made the other night.

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 09/29/11 10:36 AM (permalink)
                            I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight...

Having pan fried chicken breast on a big spinach salad with all the fixins, and Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 09/29/11 12:40 PM (permalink)
                              Grilling a pork steak for one, maybe with a nice baked potato on the side...

Brad

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                                Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 09/29/11 3:01 PM (permalink)
                                ChrisOC

It took me awhile, but here is the photo of the lasagne Mrs. OC made the other night.

Yeow good looking!
                                Tonight, Mortons of Chicago pot roast, from Costco. baked potato.
                                <message edited by chewingthefat on Thu, 09/29/11 3:02 PM>

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 09/29/11 5:18 PM (permalink)
                                  Homemade chili, garlic rolls.

baileysoriginal

• Total Posts: 758
                                    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 10/1/11 9:04 PM (permalink)
                                    Grill is almost ready - Petit Sirloins - finally cooled down enough outside to fire up the gas oven inside for real baked potatoes.  Steamed some Gulf Shrimp I found at the market today and made a mixed green salad.  A bottle of Merlot is waiting...

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 10/1/11 9:54 PM (permalink)
                                      I made the goofiest beef stew of my life. No potatoes, double meat, carrots, celery, onions and leeks. It didn't suck, but it was way weird without potatoes. There are days I hate this stupid carbohydrate restriction.

ChrisOC

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 10:48 AM (permalink)
                                        Even though there are two pieces this is one half of an Italian sub from Sack O' Subs, here in Ocean City, NJ.

<message edited by ChrisOC on Mon, 10/3/11 10:49 AM>

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 1:45 PM (permalink)
                                          I had a can of blackeyed peas and Mary White corn bread.

Doused the blackeyed peas with pepper sauce.

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 740
                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 1:49 PM (permalink)
                                            Pound and a half T-Bone, beer battered fried shrimp. The very last of my garden fresh tomatoes, homemade french fries, and chocolate-mayo cake! It's my birthday!

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 2:25 PM (permalink)
                                              I'm making Kraft spaghetti out of a box, side of canned early June peas and cottage cheese. It's allergy hell season, I don't feel like cooking, and I can't breathe so it doesn't matter what I make since I can't taste it anyway.

jaylhorner

• Total Posts: 427
                                                Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 3:14 PM (permalink)
                                                Salmon croquettes.... made with pacific salmon.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
                                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 6:16 PM (permalink)
                                                  Meatball sub......

BackRhodes

• Total Posts: 652
                                                    • Location: Mendocino County, CA
                                                    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 6:22 PM (permalink)
                                                    Superburger...

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                                                      • Location: West Peoria, IL
                                                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/3/11 6:43 PM (permalink)
                                                      Happy Birthday, fishtaco!

ChrisOC

• Location: Ocean City, NJ
                                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/4/11 10:04 AM (permalink)
                                                        felix4067

I'm making Kraft spaghetti out of a box, 

Interesting.  I have never heard of Kraft spaghetti in a box.  Must be a regional thing, but a product locator at the Kraft website tells me it is available at a Dollar General not too far away. 
                                                        I wonder how many products we think of as common are unknown in other parts of the country.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                          • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/4/11 10:10 AM (permalink)
                                                          I actually use the Kraft spaghetti in the box often. It comes with a spice packet, noodles and a package of parmesan cheese. You add either tomato paste w/water or tomato sauce. Kinda salty, so I throw a bit of extra water in, along with about a 1/2 lb of ground beef and mushrooms. Perfect for Bob and I!.

Michael Hoffman

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/4/11 1:43 PM (permalink)
                                                            Tonight? Blanched broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic, red pepper flakes and cannellini beans, served with hot and sweet sausage. Plus, crostini with olive oil, garlic and oregano.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 128, messages 61 to 90 of 3832

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 6 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com