Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 36 of 75
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/24 17:32:58
It's Sunday, which means I must be making a casserole out of leftovers or other things that won't survive trash night. Sliced roast leg of lamb from the freezer (it was Christmas dinner) layered with sliced potatoes, onions, celery and green beans, with my homemade beef stock for liquid and various seasonings that sounded good. Still in the oven, but my house smells fabulous.

Edited to add picture. It was even better than it smelled!

post edited by felix4067 - 2013/02/24 22:45:14
Cosmos
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/25 21:50:58
Tonight if was pan fried haddock dusted with coriander and cumin with mashed potatoes and spinach with garlic, mushrooms and kalamata olives and just a squeeze of lemon. It was good but the fish was overloaded with water. It was suppose to fry in olive oil skin side down until the skin crisped...as soon as the fish hit the pan it started bubbling up water. It was tasty but the texture wasn't there.

I'm trying to do my bit to try to lower cholesterol and lose some weight lately so I've been eating more fish and vegetarian meals...so far so good, taste-wise.
NJ/Texan
Junior Burger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 06:36:41
I've been down with an upper respiratory infection, so soup has been my friend. Today I have my appetite back, so the Mr will help me pull together a nice Polish dinner - fresh kielbasa with sauerkraut/apple/onion, fat pirogues from the Polish-American Deli, rye bread and purple horseradish.
carlton pierre
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 07:42:11
Just read the "Tenderloins" thread, part of it anyway.  Made me get in touch with my craving for tenderloins.  I decided that's what I'll fix for dinner tonight.
SeamusD
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 16:03:42
Tonight is leftover homemade meatballs and sauce that I made last night, on top of spaghetti. Been looking forward to it all day.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 17:42:33
Seamus

That sounds good, i think i will grab a loaf of garlic bread on the way home and have spaghetti tonight.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 17:44:00
Now I want spaghetti, too. But what I'm going to have is leftovers of the lamb and potato casserole...made from leftovers. Not sure how many times I can eat them. 
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 19:01:03
felix
I feel for you, have the lamb and potatoes tonight spaghetti is an easy quick meal that is good any time.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 19:39:23
I had a hamburger with lettuce, tomato, catsup and mustard along with a half order of fries from Howard's Original Burger.

In the same mini mall resides a Baskin Robbins called 31 Flavors by me.  I had two...  Jamoca Almond Fudge and some chocolate flavor which I believe was called Buckets of Love.  It was chocolate ice cream  with tiny chocolate cups filled with a raspberry cream.  Next time I go back to Rocky Road and Jamoca ALmond Fudge.
agnesrob
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 20:03:13
NJ/Texan

I've been down with an upper respiratory infection, so soup has been my friend. Today I have my appetite back, so the Mr will help me pull together a nice Polish dinner - fresh kielbasa with sauerkraut/apple/onion, fat pirogues from the Polish-American Deli, rye bread and purple horseradish.

Now that sounds good and comforting! Yum! Glad you're feeling better!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 20:07:50
I have a nightmare of a migraine so I had Chicken rice soup from the Chinese restaurant...and a box of Hot Tamales.
agnesrob
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 20:29:52
Well. I suffered from migraines for many years and that meal sounds about right!
fabulousoyster
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/26 20:51:40
Just made some cheepo 99cents ramen soup in a pot.  Added cut up zucchini, cilantro, red pepper, peas.  After 5 minutes, poured in 2 eggs, shut off the heat and let it sit for another 5.  Sometimes I just gotta have foods of my youth....
carlton pierre
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/27 06:19:07
I made a couple of bread puddings for dessert for last night's dinner.  I'd never made it but now I want to make some more and try a whiskey sauce.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/27 07:27:17
Jamoca almond fudge ! Al and I talked about that on our trip as a favorite! Funny everyone is mentioning meat sauce and spaghetti-on the menu tonight! A foot of snow on the ground after a harrowing bus ride last night-now to walk in this sh**. Taking an earlier bus to be on time at work.......

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/27 11:06:50
Yesterday I picked up an order of beef so I also bought a nice, thick ribeye from the display case; I grilled it and we split it for dinner along with several baked potatoes.
love2bake
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 12:08:13
CCinNJ

I have a nightmare of a migraine so I had Chicken rice soup from the Chinese restaurant...and a box of Hot Tamales.

Awwww--I'm so sorry to hear this.  Migraines are so horrible and debilitating--I hope someone fixed that soup and tamales for you.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 12:22:21
Thank you L2B!

My oldest son went and got the soup. The Hot Tamales were a box of candy...that did indeed make me feel much better.

pnwchef
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 19:46:04
I had some Flank steak left over, easy fast meal..........Flank Staek with Bearnaise sauce, White rice and corn...........

ChrisOC
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 21:31:27
Oh my.......That looks good!!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 21:49:34
Nice color combination, Bill!

I kept it simple tonight.

A quick marinade in Italian dressing... Small ribeye served with straw masquerading as string beans.

iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 22:27:14
Orange chicken and white rice tonight for us!  Yummmmmmmmy
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/27 22:42:29
I got distracted and totally forgot to make anything, so I ended up with a bowl of peanut butter crunch cereal and some vanilla yogurt.
love2bake
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2013/02/28 11:47:45
CCinNJ

Thank you L2B!

My oldest son went and got the soup. The Hot Tamales were a box of candy...that did indeed make me feel much better.

Hahhaa--I wasn't even thinking about the Hot Tamales candy!!  I wonder if the "heat" in them somehow helps the blood vessels constrict.  Wouldn't that be in interesting cure.  Someone's probably studied that, though.

Mar - that's simple??  Wow.  My dinner's are primitive then.   I made a BBQ brisket sandwich--not photoworthy, unfortunately, and 6 pts on WW.
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 11:50:36
carlton pierre

I made a couple of bread puddings for dessert for last night's dinner.  I'd never made it but now I want to make some more and try a whiskey sauce.

Mmmmmm... bread puddings are fabulous, with endless possibilities!!  They're pretty good for breakfast, too, but that's a different thread.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 12:00:24
There was a study about the cinnamon candy connection as far as relief for migraines. I have lived and maintained on the WW points system forever... for body by WW.

I believe the box is 12 points on the old point system (I never converted to the new point system). I needed those points though.
carlton pierre
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 13:18:05
love2bake

carlton pierre

Mmmmmm... bread puddings are fabulous, with endless possibilities!!  They're pretty good for breakfast, too, but that's a different thread.
Great idea.  I hadn't thought of bread pudding as a breakfast item, but I also thought they're probably good anytime.

carlton pierre
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 13:19:35
Here's my list for the next few day's worth of dinners to make:  Tenderloins.
Tuna salad. Crab cakes.  Clam Chowder.  Corned beef and cabbage.  That's a pretty hefty list.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 14:05:58
carlton pierre

Tuna salad. Crab cakes.  Clam Chowder.  Corned beef and cabbage.  That's a pretty hefty list.

I like this list, now we can all plan on what day we are coming over for dinner. I'm coming for the Corned Beef and Cabbage..............Ok, I'll mow the grass...........
NJ/Texan
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 18:52:33
Easy tonight with Caesar salad and grilled steak - yum!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 22:05:52
I had 1/4th of a CCLT...

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 22:34:50
Would wuss be appropriate here?

I had a Chinese Chicken Salad at California Chicken Cafe:

http://www.californiachickencafe.com/menus.html

Ate the entire thing.

They sell soup.  I don't get it.  They don't sell chicken soup.

Carry on...

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 22:40:31
Wait a minute...

Real Mashed Potatoes & Gravy (Not available in Hollywood)

What's up with the potatoes these days?

We can't get Chicken & Waffle potato chips and Hollywood can't get real mashed potatoes & gravy.

I want a petition.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 22:55:55
Hollywood's potato allotment goes to Musso and Franks.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 22:58:24
The 411 Salad (Not available in Hollywood and Northridge)

They're obviously keeping Hollywood in the dark!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/02/28 23:44:13
I did some bacon and bleu cheese stuffed chicken breasts, with coleslaw and peas.

There's almost too much bleu cheese, but ohmygod was it good.

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 10:31:44
carlton pierre

Wow--that's quite a list!  Two questions: (1) what kind of tenderloins? (2) New England or Manhattan clam chowder?

I just went to the annual Clam Chowder Cook-off at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk last weekend.  It was fun, as always, but ridiculously packed.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 10:50:11
There's no such thing as Manhattan clam chowder. That stuff to which you refer is merely clam soup.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 11:24:14
Michael Hoffman

There's no such thing as Manhattan clam chowder. That stuff to which you refer is merely clam soup.

Michael, at one time that's all we ate was Manhattan clam chowder. The Purists in New England probably wanted something that showed off the pure flavor of the New England Clam. After all, you don't put cream and potatoes on a fresh Cherry stone clam on a half shell, Do You ???? I'm not even sure why they call this a chowder, Chowders are thick and made with a cream base. I have had many Manhattan clam chowders, that used fresh clams juice and fresh shucked clams. I remember people who didn't like the taste of clams eating New England clam chowder......Isn't that the reason we seek out the fried clam that is lightly dusted in flour, we want the true taste of the whole belly juicy clam taste....................pnwc
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 11:30:05
Bill, I grew up on New England clam chowder, and I remain true to that wonderful stuff. But I'll admit that I once did find a red chowder that was very close to almost as good. It was at a place in Seattle called Ivars House of Clams, and the waitress told me that if I didn't like it she'd pay for our whole meal. I really hated having to pay for that meal.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 19:30:07
Threw a bunch of stuff in a skillet with some bacon grease and called it dinner.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 19:35:32
Ah, now that looks good to me. But I trust there are no mushrooms hidden in there.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 19:35:58
I agree, Mr. Hoffman. To me, it is Manhattan clam soup. I like it. But I prefer chowda........
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 21:05:18
We went to a local place today that has been here for years.  I just never ventured in.

http://www.bajacantina.com/

What a surprise.  We walked in at 3:15PM and the place was packed.  Took us a few minutes to realize the chips and salsa were help yourself.  We did.

Turned out we were there at Happy Hour and there were a lot of Happy People inside.  It was more of a bar that served food than a restaurant that also served drinks.  The music was loud and the food was great.

We ordered off of the Patio Grill Menu and I ordered Manuel's Special Burrito with chicken solely on the sound of the ancho sauce.

I ate the whole thing.

The house Margaritas were $5.

We'll be going back to Baja Cantina.

iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 21:14:57
You should go to El Torito at Happy Hour.........  Beef tacos are a buck each and house margaritas are $4.00 
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 21:20:55
That looks fabulous, mar! I find myself wishing I had a reason to go to L.A. again so I can eat at some of your spots.

Michael Hoffman

Ah, now that looks good to me. But I trust there are no mushrooms hidden in there.

Nope, nary a mushroom to be found! Potatoes, bacon, onion, garlic, celery, smoked sausage and red bell pepper.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 21:52:07
Greg, we always go to El Torito as it's almost walking distance for people that like to walk.  It's also not about the price... it's about the food. El Torito is just convenient.  The food is just okay.

This was different and although it doesn't have the view of the water that El Torito has, we both think the food is better.... so far.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/01 22:30:48
That burrito looks delicious.

I had one Margarita in Cali and I still think I have a buzz from it!

Happy Hour indeed!
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/02 19:15:52
Following up on the above chowder topic, here's a photo of one of the gimmicky ones.  Yes, it's green!  And it tasted a little minty to me, which I didn't care for.  The only red version we tried tasted like vegetable soup--no real clam flavor. :(

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/02 22:14:41
That's supposed to be clam chowder? Except for the part where I can see a clam, I just don't think so. Especially with a minty taste. The clams are supposed to be the main flavour as far as I'm concerned.

Dinner tonight was some bean and ham soup from the freezer, because I didn't get home until 6pm instead of 3pm as I intended. I love that my freezer is full of things I can quick throw in the microwave and call dinner when I need to!
carlton pierre
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 06:33:48
carlton pierre

I've made all of the above and even added an apple pie
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 08:14:42
felix4067

That's supposed to be clam chowder? Except for the part where I can see a clam, I just don't think so. Especially with a minty taste. The clams are supposed to be the main flavour as far as I'm concerned.

Dinner tonight was some bean and ham soup from the freezer, because I didn't get home until 6pm instead of 3pm as I intended. I love that my freezer is full of things I can quick throw in the microwave and call dinner when I need to!

Pretty strange, huh!  In a lot of competitions, people will do something gimmicky in order to stand out.  In this one, their theme was "Clam - I - Am"  (Green soup with clam), complete with funny Dr. Seuss type hats.  While I can't imagine their chowder won over the judges, they might have been going for the People's Choice Award, in which visitors vote for their favorite chowder.  In fact, I voted for the firemen's chowder even though it was my second favorite, flavor-wise.
NJ/Texan
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 10:03:16
I went to ChowdaFest on Long Beach Island last year. It was fierce competition, with all you can eat samples. I haven't wanted to look at chowder since!

Today is chicken Italian sausage with garlic broccoli rabe, and eggplant rollitini.
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 15:29:50
Gonna BBQ some Burgers tonight and top em off with these..........whatever is left over I'll make Guacamole out of!  

dimmie2
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 16:28:18
iluvcfood

Gonna BBQ some Burgers tonight and top em off with these..........whatever is left over I'll make Guacamole out of!  

Hey Greg, if you have a tree loaded with avocados, why is there a brand label on one of them? 
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 17:06:31
dimmie2

iluvcfood

Hey Greg, if you have a tree loaded with avocados, why is there a brand label on one of them? 

My tree has only a couple left this season so we got these at Boneys. 
Normally at regular season the tree is SO full thatI end up giving 1/2 of them away.

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 18:45:22
For heaven's sake, don't tell the purists! I wanted chili but I had virtually nothing in the house to make it, plus it was already 4:30pm. I'm calling it four bean faux chili. 

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 18:52:09
Right now lleechef has a stuffed chicken in the oven. There'll be roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and beautiful Brussels sprouts for dinner tonight. Meanwhile, she's watching the official start of the Iditarod on her computer in the kitchen.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 19:17:57
I know she is watching!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 21:37:14
Just so love2bake isn't embarrassed...

Fishy Fishy

I ate the snack size of McDonald's Fish Bites and I had the regular burger with extra pickles as a back up.

The coating on the fishy bites was a little too seasoned for me, but I found them not bad at all.

Washed both down with a Shamrock Shake.
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 36 of 75