Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 37 of 82
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 21:49:34
Happy McSunday!

I had to put my glasses on this morning to look at the big chocolate bar finish!
love2bake
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/03 22:22:45
Haha Mar -- and I'm envious of that shake!

NJ/Texan - You were lucky to have AYCE samples.  At Santa Cruz you buy tasting kits with a small cup and 5 tickets that you gave to the competitors whose chowder you want to try.  My friend and I tried 10 different chowders.  I guess if we'd gotten an extra kit it truly would have been AYCE for me, too. 

Tonight I had homemade smoked salmon from my new stovetop smoker!  Man--was it moist and tender, too.  This smoker is going to be fun!
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 15:13:40
Went to Mitsuwa Marketplace in Edgewater, NJ for lunch, here's what we picked up for dinner tonight.

SeamusD
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 16:12:31
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I can't wait.
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 16:57:57
We're going to a local restaurant for the Monday shrimp AYCE special.  They're not very large (but larger than "popcorn") but the breading was recently changed for the better.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 17:26:20
Spaghetti with home made meat sauce with onions, garlic and cole slaw, brocolli with cheese sauce, garlic bread and white wine. 
And prehaps a cocktail before dinner
Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 17:29:57
My son Kyle expressed a desire to try raw fish for the first time today! He shared Katie's and my sushi/sashimi dinner. So far so good! he seems to really like it!
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 17:45:55
Box mac-n-cheese.....     sigh
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 17:46:39
Tonight is what's left of my sausage and potato skillet from Friday. I would've done that yesterday, but I thought it was gone. Turns out it was hiding behind the big bowl of coleslaw.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 18:12:15
Chili!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/04 21:53:09
Agnes, it's always better to introduce a growing boy to a food less costly.

We have a Mitsuwa close by.  Thanks for reminding me.

So far I had a hard boiled egg and a Michelob Ultra.
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 08:06:58
mar52

Agnes, it's always better to introduce a growing boy to a food less costly.

I know! You would think I would have learned my lesson when we thought it was so cute that my oldest was enjoying lobster and steak at age two.
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 09:57:14
This was on sale at my local Kings Supermarket so I am giving it a try.

Cooking it in my crock pot. I'm going to make Brussels sprouts instead of cabbage and little potatoes.

I'll post what I think about it when finished.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 09:59:11
Mar!

Speaking of eggs...I remember your Joe Jost's pickled-egg posts and I found this recipe. I'm gonna give it a try this week.

http://www.mixpoursip.com...-long-beach-california
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/05 10:01:51
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 14:11:33
I added a bowl of Crispix to my evening meal a couple hours after finishing the beer.

I like Joe Jost's.  Their eggs are a bit to vinegar-y for me but with a beer they're great.

If it was near by I'd be there often.
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 17:16:38
OK, Here is my Guy Fieri's  corned beef results. Great taste, although not enough fat for my liking. I was sure to add enough broth to the sliced meat. I made little potatoes, Brussels sprouts and some carrot slices to serve with it. I will, though, enjoy a Rueben using the meat and later some corned beef hash. I bought rye bread and good Swiss cheese to go along.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 17:34:19
Righteous corned beef Agnes!

You've NEVER been to Papaya King?

Agnes!!!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/05 18:53:35
I am now in serious need of corned beef. Luckily, it's on sale this week.

Dinner tonight was leftover faux chili, because I forgot I took fish out of the freezer that I meant to make. S'ok...it was even better after sitting a couple of days, although still nothing like real chili.
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 09:27:49
Agnes - that looks awesome!!!  I want to try making pastrami with some corned beef using my new stove top smoker, and your pictures are inspiring.   

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 09:44:10
The Cameron seems like it's lots of fun.
NJ/Texan
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 19:04:28
Wind storm and rainy here in South Jersey - homemade turkey noodle soup and patty melts.

But now I want corned beef and cabbage - come on March 17th!
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 19:41:03
I can never wait until March 17th! When I was a child a family on our block had a pasta dinner for all of the children in the neighborhood every March 17th. The Dad was of Irish heritage but the Mom was, from Italy, Italian. She missed the celebrations she remembered as a child in Italy for St. Joseph's Day. I don't know how or why she decided on having the celebration on St. Patrick's day but it is a fond memory. I will never forget that delicious pasta with sauce and those Italian pastries! Nice memory. Maybe I'll make pasta this year in honor!  
post edited by agnesrob - 2013/03/06 19:42:39
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 19:45:32
Dinner was full of fail tonight, other than my southern-style green beans (with bacon and onions, in a reduced vinegar-sugar sauce). This was peanut-crusted tilapia, and while it tasted OK the cooking method was so wrong it was almost laughable. We ended up eating tilapia without the peanut crust because it was so burned it crumbled to dust when you touched it. Oh well...win some, lose some.

If I was ces1948, I would return the ingredients to the store and demand a refund or replacement food at no cost, because I didn't like how it turned out.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 19:48:51
When your name is Colleen you get to celebrate every day. Until the 18th...when it goes back for something Italian.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 20:05:20
This evening lleechef is serving broiled cod finished with her homemade seasoned breadcrumbs, broccoli rabe sauteed in olive oil with garlic and red pepper flakes, and roasted potato wedges.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/06 21:52:41
Great looking corned beef!  Ours is in the refrigerator to be eaten prematurely, maybe this Friday after tomorrow's shopping for the vegetables.

Tonight's dinner was tacos dressed with what was left of my Salsa Negra, jalapenos and onions from La Salsa.  Served with fried potatoes and onions just in case I didn't get enough carbs.

In this case, it's all about the sauce.
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/07 09:40:39
agnesrob

This was on sale at my local Kings Supermarket so I am giving it a try.

Cooking it in my crock pot. I'm going to make Brussels sprouts instead of cabbage and little potatoes.
Contains up to a 30% solution of what...Nice 'n Easy?

We cook corned beef in the crock pot, too.  It's great for weekdays!
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2013/03/07 09:50:40
chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/07 10:13:50
I want to know what cut a "round flat" is.
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/07 16:17:10
chefbuba, I wonder too. All I know is I don't prefer the thin flat cut. I don't know if his company markets that. As I said it was on sale or I wouldn't have tried it. Very good flavor though. I made a Rueben for myself already and will do hash this weekend. Last year I chose an expensive brand(wish I could remember which) instead of the usual Freidrich brand(the cheaper one usually) and was disappointed.
@Brad, Nice & Easy, you mean I could have done my hair too! Missed opportunity on my part!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/07 20:23:09
Tonight's dinner was Jack in the Box tacos.  As much as I love them, these were not good.  They skimped on the lettuce and overcooked them, making them very hard.

But...  they were selling a shake I've never of at Jack in the Box or anywhere else for that matter... Cinnamon.  It was OMG Good!

But only for a few sips.  THen that fabulous flavor got old.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/07 23:24:16
I made chicken with an artichoke-mayonnaise-Parmesan topping, and apparently chose not to take a picture of the plate after I added the Harvard beets and leftover Southern-style green beans.

iluvcfood
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/08 02:16:44
With the exception of some of your weird foods you like as generally you have fairly decent tastes.................how in the world can you eat those nasty greasy and tasteless Jack in the Box tacos??

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/08 07:18:56
Felix-one of my favorites! I discovered this combination when i had leftover artichoke dip, then thought, hmmmmmmm, on chicken!
NJ/Texan
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/08 20:48:56
I have to share this, because I can't believe I made this off the cuff.
Shrimp pesto cream sauce with asparagus and mushrooms with fettucini.
One pan, 2 T olive oil, 2 T butter, sauté 1 lb deveined cleaned shrimp - sauté till almost cooked - remove to bowl. then sauté 1 pkg of baby Bella mushrooms in butter, then remove to shrimp bowl.
Another large non-stick pan melt 2 T butter and 2 T olive oil and 1 pkg cream cheese over low heat. Once melted, sprinkle with a little garlic powder. Add about 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese and light cream to make a medium light sauce. Simmer very low, then add 2 T of Buitoni pesto sauce. Salt and pepper.
Boil big pot of salted water, and add 1 lb of trimmed asparagus for 2-3 minutes, then add 1 pkg of Buitoni fettucini for about 3-4 min till done. Drain and add to sauce, and combine with shrimp, mushrooms and sauce. Eat!
One of my best creations!!!
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/09 01:43:37
Sounds like a winner, Nj/Texan!

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/10 21:32:29
I split 2 types of Korean sausages with my mother.

Purchased from www.seoulsausage.com

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/10 21:34:08
NJ/Texan... you cook like l like to eat!  Sounds delicious.
iluvcfood
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/10 23:31:18
Must be Dog night tonight!
We had Dogs too!

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 11:02:19
Mar - those sausages look amazing!  I'm going to have to make some tonight now, although they won't be Korean...

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 11:39:37
Hot dogs here tonight, too - beef ones from Wenzel's Farm Sausage.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 13:40:59
Shrimp & white rice for lunch...that's sure to be dinner as well. Generous portions...for sure. I also have 8 fortune cookies to read.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 14:38:28
love2bake:  The sausages ARE amazing!  I went there 2 days in a row they were so good.

I wrote up a great review for Seoul Sausage Co but Bruce said I only put I'd drive 10 miles for it so my review won't be posted.  I was being conservative because of the price of gas.

So...  If you ever want a sausage that is totally different than anything you've ever eaten... go to

www.seoulsausage.com

Order the Galbi sausage or Galbi Poutine!

You will not be disappointed!  It's excellent! Ii'll probably be back there this week!

Everyone should know about Galbi Sausages!  Outstanding!

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 14:39:58
CC:  8 fortune cookies? You rate! 

Why are those shrimp screaming out... Sweet and Sour sauce to me?

I always use cocktail sauce.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 14:56:03
I am going to see my Mother on 4/4...so I'll travel 3000 miles so my Mother can have Seoul Sausage, I'll have Tito's Tacos...or I'll be a menace in Tehachapi for 10 days.

I stopped at this fortune...

That was enough.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 15:26:20
You don't need anymore fortunes!

If you do come to Los Angeles (Tehachapi might be a couple of hours from Los Angeles, maybe) I'd be happy to show you and your mother Seoul Sausages and Tito's Tacos.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 15:39:35
That would be fun! I'm NOT flying on a little plane to Bakersfield...so we'll certainly be in Los Angeles. My Mom loves sausage and when I mention tacos she says tacos? tacos? so we'll all be happy.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/11 15:40:41
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 15:50:54

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 15:54:22
You should bring your Mom so my Mom can say "this one over here..."
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/03/11 16:58:57
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 17:43:52
Then my mom would say,  "Who'd you say these people are?"...  in front of you, in her loud mode so that you could hear.

At a family dinner she "whispered' to me...  THAT BLOUSE LOOKS UGLY ON CARRIE.

Carrie and everyone else at the table looked at us, luckily laughing.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 22:59:08
Had breakfast for dinner.  Maybe it isn't breakfast because my mother used to make them from scratch for dinner.

I forgot to buy sour cream.  Cheese blintzes served with Blackberry Butter purchased on our trip at The Peanut Shoppe in Durant, Oklahoma.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/11 23:14:59
They look delicious.

Just a few more fortune cookies....for me.

At least Carrie had the good sense to wear clothes that fit! Not over here...point point point.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/12 15:11:43
mar52

Had breakfast for dinner.  Maybe it isn't breakfast because my mother used to make them from scratch for dinner.

I forgot to buy sour cream.  Cheese blintzes served with Blackberry Butter purchased on our trip at The Peanut Shoppe in Durant, Oklahoma.

Mar, I was going to say, I hope you are doing well, but, the looks of things you are eating well. The sausage looked wonderful, no reason to look any place else, you found a great place for your sausage fix. The blintzes also look great........Great job, I see you and Sharon aren't starving to death.............Bill............P.S. I was looking at your sausage sandwich, when I scrolled down I looked at the sausage and smelled something, I thought it was your sausage sandwich, then I remembered I have a pot roast in the oven.................See ya.........Bill

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/12 15:42:23
Taco fodder!  Looks great!

Eating too well, but not good for me food.

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/12 18:29:39
Made some pastrami by buying an uncooked corned beef brisket from my local market (now is good time to buy these!), then smoked it in my new stove top smoker and finished it in the oven.  Thanks to EdSails and others who encouraged me.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/12 18:59:26
Beautiful L2B!

Perfect timing! Time for a Cameron too!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/12 19:04:11
That is a thing of beauty!

We did a corned beef in the crock pot the other day and it wasn't fit for eating.

Extremely fatty and never got past the rubbery stage.
love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/12 23:48:09
Thanks!!  I am pretty proud of it--especially for a newbie. 

Mar - Seems like a crockpot would have been perfect for corned beef, with all the vegetables, etc.  Wth??  Bummer!!!
agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/16 13:27:14
Mar, I've had that happen too but I don't know why. Today I am making this.

The directions said to bring water to a boil and then add meat and 12oz. of beer and simmer 2 to 3 hours. I've never done that before so I added this.

And I am cooking it in a pot instead of a crock pot this time. I'll be sure to report back!
NJ/Texan
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/16 14:13:03
Tonight - surf and turf. Grilled ribeye, grilled jumbo shrimp skewers basted in garlic rosemary butter and Caesar salad. Oh yeah, starting with lobster bisque.
carlton pierre
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2013/03/16 15:13:28
Actually I am going out to eat tonight but today I made some Maid-Rite loosemeat and have it put away for tomorrow.  I can hardly wait!
I still think the best way for loosemeat is in a double boiler with Worcestershire, sugar, salt, mustard, onions. 
Page: << < ..3637383940.. > >> Showing page 37 of 82