Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 84
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/21 22:46:39
Beef Kabobs - Shrimp poached in Zatarains - Baked Potatoes - Salad

The weather is awful again - rain and extremely humid and warm.  More nasty weather to our west headed to us overnight and into tomorrow.  After we endure this we should have a couple of good weather days - Thanksgiving Day & Friday and then it's starts all over again. 
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/23 07:26:35
I slept through dinner yesterday, but stuffed myself with sushi again for lunch so it worked out. I had a spicy shrimp roll, a California roll, and a mango roll with a bowl of miso soup.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/24 22:08:17

A slight change in plans, but...Turkey breast with gravy, green bean casserole, oat dressing, biscuits, sweet & sour red cabbage, sweet potatoes, and pineapple and mandarin orange dessert.
kman160
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/25 09:33:15
The crockpot is on. Turkey soup after work & the SU game.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/25 11:12:10
Tonight? Linguine aglio e olio followed by a small steak.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/25 14:30:10
Back to work, so dinner will be a burger and fries basket from the concession stand IF I have time to run down before the game starts. Otherwise, leftovers when I finally make it home after the game.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/25 15:14:36
Turkey on Rye, with cranberry sauce and mayo.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/25 16:26:23
Fried dressing filled with smoked porked BBQ, onions, garlic, sage, celery chicken stock, left over cornbread and someother secret spices,  green beans made with smoked pork BBQ, onions, potatoes, garlic, red peppers made in a crock pot, Whole butt pork BBQ that was smoked with cole slaw and some Yuenglings from Pennsylvania and some moist pumpkin bread.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/26 12:28:53
Turkey leftovers...just after TG dinner ALL edible meat was stripped off the carcass and put away in storage containers along with gravy...
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/28 23:37:45
Rodeo Burger at Calico's Cafe in Garberville tonight...

It's a bacon-cheese burger with bbq sauce... about 1/3 pound on a large bun...(I usually add a few splashes of Tobasco just for fun)...

The important thing here are the fries...I finally have the cook staff trained to cook crispy fries, so when a ticket goes back with "crispy fries" written on it they know it's me, and that I won't abide wimpy fries and / or massacred spuds...

In this rural area burgers are commonly $7 to $8, and most of the small towns in this area don't have that many selection(s) so Garberville is a mini oasis in that you can get Mexican, American, Seafood, Steaks, and Burgers from several places in Garberville and Redway...

Further north on Hwy 101 Fortuna is the next place with wide selections...

But now I'm craving chocolate...I shoulda stopped at the market on my way home...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/29 00:19:29
I roasted some ridiculously thick boneless pork chops rubbed with the last of my Tuscan seasoning from last summer's farmer's market. Served with beets and roasted sweet potatoes (wrap in foil just like regular bakers, serve with butter, salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg).
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/29 00:39:12
Jack in the Box tacos.

I might make some pea soup and bean soup tomorrow with the Thanksgiving ham bones.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/29 17:10:44
They are predicting a measurable amount of snow for the morning. Tonight it is:

Pollo El Charro at the local Mexican place

Grilled chicken with grilled shrimp and mushrooms in a chipotle cheese sauce over rice and beans

and a

bananananana Chimichanga for dessert.

I will order the Banananannanaanana Chimichanga in honor of my friends at Chiquita who just found out they will lose their jobs soon as Chiquita is moving out of Cincinnati to Charlotte.

Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/29 19:12:47
Still eating all kinds of T-Giving Leftovers
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/29 21:33:23
Leftover T Bone Steak Quesadillas and Salsa and Cheese Dip and Chips last night.
Tonight - grilled pork chops, baked potato and salad.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/29 22:47:27
Omelets with cheese and La Victoria's Green salsa inside of flour tortillas.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/30 13:31:50
Last night I had an appetizer dinner they created for me at one of the bars across the street from the theatre. All on one plate, deep fried calimari (with tentacles) with marinara (it practically melts in your mouth...they're really good at it), crab cakes with more crabmeat than filler with roasted red pepper aioli, and pan-seared sashimi tuna with wasabi remoulade. Served with foccacia toast points, diced red onion and diced tomato.
SeamusD
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/11/30 13:59:21
Got a good deal on some country style pork ribs, so going to sear and roast a couple of them and finish with some salsa verde, with sides of fresh green beans sauteed in olive oil and garlic, and a baked potato.
I'm also really jonesing for some apple pie, so if I'm not too tired when I leave work I'm going to pick up the ingredients and that'll be dessert.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/01 21:17:22
Turkey left overs last night...

3 taco's carne asada tonight...and Swiss Vanilla Chocolate ice cream for dessert...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/02 11:36:41
Got too busy last night to eat before going to work, and at 2am the options are limited. Ended up with Steak & Shake. Which should be OK to tell you, since it's been a featured restaurant on the front page even though it's a FF chain.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/02 19:11:38
Feli4067, I always enjoy your input. You are a creative eater!
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/03 00:16:45
I had CFS (Chicken Fried Steak) at Henny Penny tonight (Us Hwy 101 at Gobbi exit in Ukiah, CA)...

Average...they slothered gravy on top of the CFS so it didn't have much crunch to it...Milkshake was good but average...

They could've used a 2nd waitress, but the owner gave me personal service (he tries hard)...

The unique thing about this place is the west wall...it's a solarium type wall with water cascading down the outside surface...nice and cool in the hot summer, and nice to see the low afternoon sunset through...it's a fountain pump, a feed line at the top, and rain gutter on the bottem of the windows, and water circulates...

This is a patio environment with trees growing inside, whereas the main dining room is the original building...

Here you can see the sheets of water as they start their downward journey...

I was thinking of a French Dip or a Noo Yawk Steak but went for the CFS instead...

Average, but I'll go back there again (open until 10:oo PM) 

post edited by BackRhodes - 2011/12/03 00:25:48
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/03 07:40:41
What a neat environment to dine in!
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/03 11:40:05
I think tonight is a Big Fat Cheeseburger and real beer battered onion rings.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/03 15:19:12
Last night's dinner because I couldn't post here last night:

I've been waiting patiently for Nichols, the diner across the street from where I live to re-open.  They've been remodeling for the past few months.

They re-opened Tuesday as J.Nichol's Kitchen and I had dinner there tonight.

Although I'll miss the chicken pot pie that is no longer on the menu.....  I love the new menu!

My dinner tonight was a strange combination of foods.  I couldn't make up my mind and ordered three different items.

Mussels!  These were an apetizer for $14 and they were plump, sweet and OMG Good!  They were black mussels in a tomato, chili arbol broth that was so good I asked if I could get a container for it.  (I just finished turning it in to MARhattan Clam Chowder for my mother)

I didn't order a main dish, but two sides.  I was totally influenced by what the girls at the next table were eating.  There was something that was served in a good sized individual caserole and it had my name on it.  Without finding it on the menu, I asked the waitress what it was.  5 cheese white macaroni and cheese.  (Redundat) I had to have it!

Then totally out of character I ordered a side dish of vegetables.  Roasted Brussel Sprouts in a maple bacon glaze.  They were fantastic!

It was a bit pricey for one meal, but I'll be back there as soon as I can.  I must try the other menu items.  I'll also take my camera with me the next time.

Being totally new, they had all new serving dishes and I was impressed!  I'll just have to take pictures.  Much easier than explaining them.

Fourth day of operation and the service was efficient and the food was incredibly good.

At one point in the meal, the manager came over and introduced himself.

What a smooth operation. 

Nichols was always good, but J. Nichol's Kitchen is top notch!

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/04 00:25:26
ann peeples

Feli4067, I always enjoy your input. You are a creative eater!

Thank you! It's born of necessity.

Tonight was Sushi Saturday. Which is what we do when we're doing two shows and payday was yesterday.

Mango roll (mango, avocado, cream cheese), Pacific roll (tuna, salmon, avocado) and Las Vegas roll (fried shrimp, crab, avocado, cucumber, cream cheese).
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/04 00:31:34
I've never heard of mango roll.  Interesting.
That looks yummy!

I stopped at Subwayon the way home from my mother's.

I bought a cold cut combo foot long and ate half...  $4

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/04 01:27:01
I'd never heard of mango rolls either, and I wasn't convinced at first. But as soon as I tried a piece of one I was hooked. It's like dessert sushi, if that makes any sense. And they're surprisingly good when dipped in the soy sauce-wasabi mixture.
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/04 01:31:48
felix4067

All on one plate, deep fried calimari (with tentacles) with marinara (it practically melts in your mouth...they're really good at it), crab cakes with more crabmeat than filler with roasted red pepper aioli, and pan-seared sashimi tuna with wasabi remoulade. Served with foccacia toast points, diced red onion and diced tomato.

Don't take this personally...but I hate you.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/05 12:28:55

ScreamingChicken 

felix4067 

All on one plate, deep fried calimari (with tentacles) with marinara (it practically melts in your mouth...they're really good at it), crab cakes with more crabmeat than filler with roasted red pepper aioli, and pan-seared sashimi tuna with wasabi remoulade. Served with foccacia toast points, diced red onion and diced tomato. 

Don't take this personally...but I hate you. 

I can handle that.

SeamusD
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/05 15:11:03
Braised country style pork rib tacos with fresh cilantro, shredded red cabbage, and my homemade salsa. Going to use chipotles in adobo, onion, garlic and some other spices during the braise.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/05 15:19:53
Quickie supper night here. Raining and grey for the third day calls for Spag with meat sauce (with ground venison as the main meat, but some pork and beef mixed in there also(. One loaf of Garlic-roasted Bread, sliced and garlic-butter spread as well as the cloves included in the dough of the bread . Pot is simmering now, warming this end of the house and making the place smell great.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/05 22:53:16
Mayor Al - your dinner sounds like just the thing for the crappy weather we've been having to deal with here also for the last three days. 

We usually grill almost every night but the rain has been relentless so last night we opted for a shrimp boil with artichokes and potatoes.  With the rain continuing today and the temperature dropping I decided to do a pasta and garlic bread thing tonight - but after I got home this afternoon  the rain had finally stopped and there was a light north wind  I fired the grill up and threw on a pork filet.  Made a light potato salad and some sauteed cabbage.

For tomorrow night?  I'm thinking.....

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 11:13:07
OK. It's not for dinner tonight, but on Sunday night I tucked into one of the most magnificent meals I've ever enjoyed. The resident chef served roast duck (and, oh, the skin was so crispy) with a wonderous, velvety sauce; turned, glazed turnips and carrots; and the finest potatoes it has ever been my good fortune to eat -- Pommes Darphin. This repast was enjoyed with a Rodney Strong pinot noir.
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2011/12/06 11:14:36
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 12:58:18
MH
She is a Master of the Kitchen Arts, is she not ?  While not a real 'Duck' fan, I would walk a mile (a big deal for me) for some of that crispy skin !!

Oh and I would sip a Slushee Cup (44 oz) of Apple Vodka and sweet fresh Cidar while crunching my 'duckskin'. 
post edited by mayor al - 2011/12/06 13:00:35
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 13:05:45
She's good, Mr. Mayor.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 13:12:34
I remember the last time Michael said "DUCK" was when he was at the football game and someone yelled it. Thats how he got the mustard on his coat, when he dropped his hot dog.................Michael, you have come a long way from the burger and coffee at the diner....................Hope your doing well my friend...............Bill
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 13:21:06
I'm doing just fine. And as I recall, that football game accident happened at the Hillhouse-Harding game on a Friday night in Bridgeport. Oh, and it wasn't a hotdog and mustard. It was a razor blade in the Harding defensive tackle's taped hand.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 13:31:07
Michael Hoffman

I'm doing just fine. And as I recall, that football game accident happened at the Hillhouse-Harding game on a Friday night in Bridgeport. Oh, and it wasn't a hotdog and mustard. It was a razor blade in the Harding defensive tackle's taped hand.

That's why they stopped the night games.............I never missed a Thanksgiving day football game, even after they threw me out of Harding High School...................
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 13:38:50
PNWCHEF

Michael Hoffman

That's why they stopped the night games.............I never missed a Thanksgiving day football game, even after they threw me out of Harding High School...................

One of our guys -- Laury Zernitz -- kept a sharpened Phillips head screwdriver taped in his waistband for use when needed in piles.

Considering the thugs they allowed to stay at Harding you must not have been very nice.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 14:08:52
Sounds perfect. 

I had eggs and hash browns at IHOP.

Now I 'm looking forward to the Pommes Darphin recipe.
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 14:48:46
Tonight is Christmas Social #3 of the Season:

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Roast Beast
Mashed Potatoes
Baked Mac & Cheese
Corn
Green Beans
Home made yeast rolls

7 kinds of salad

desserts out the ying yang including:

Monkey Bread
Banana Pudding
Various TRIFLES
Various pasteries

and for appetizers

BOILED PEEL & EATS ABOUT 30 LBS WORTH (I promise I will share)
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 14:48:59
Ah, well the recipe will have to come from lleechef. But I should warn you -- lleechef made me leave the room when she was making them. I did manage to learn that she included some duck fat, though.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 16:22:05
"Roast Beast"...???

Does this mean they're not sure what it was...or are they just not wanting to make it public...???

Last night was simple...2 grilled burgers after a long day...no rain for the last 10+ days so the tarp IS off the grill again...

The grease (bbq sauce) was from Shamus T Bone restaurant ( I ate there 2 monthe ago) and the sauce has raspberry in it, which seems to be an emerging fad...btw, the CFS I ate at S T Bones was super crispy, just the way I like it, with gravy on the side, not smothering the CFS...

I'll be leaving to go "down the mtn" today into "town" and who knows what dinner will be...but when I get back it'll be dark so I'll turn on my LED xmas lights to greet me upon my return...

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 17:44:45
Michael Hoffman

OK. It's not for dinner tonight, but on Sunday night I tucked into one of the most magnificent meals I've ever enjoyed. The resident chef served roast duck (and, oh, the skin was so crispy) with a wonderous, velvety sauce; turned, glazed turnips and carrots; and the finest potatoes it has ever been my good fortune to eat -- Pommes Darphin. This repast was enjoyed with a Rodney Strong pinot noir.

So did you bag the Duck yourself?

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 18:28:32
chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

So did you bag the Duck yourself?

No. lleechef bagged it at Giant Eagle. This was just the third or fourth domestic duck I'd ever tasted. Frankly, I never cared much for domestic waterfowl. This bird changed my mind.

lleechef
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 20:43:34
It was actually a very simple meal that I whipped up at the last minute.  The pommes darphin consist of potatoes, salt, pepper and duck fat.  Easy.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 20:44:35
Duck fat is never a problem as long as I have gas in the car.  It's in the display case next to the rabbits.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 20:46:53
I dusted off my mandolin and it will be set up and ready in May.

Then again it's a last minute item which is not a good thing... for my culinary skills.

We'll see.
post edited by mar52 - 2011/12/06 20:50:14
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 21:26:51
Tonight I'm having Zicam, Emergen-C, and chicken noodle soup. I do NOT have time for this stupid plague to get any worse!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/06 22:32:51
White rice covered with chili beans.

Po folk food.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/07 03:12:35
FELIX:  You have "The Plague"...???

Dinner tonight was  Chicken Fried Steak at Be Bop's Diner in Ukiah...while watching a young person take the "Belly Buster" challenge of a foot tall, 3 pound, 11 patty hamburger...he was just a few bites away from making it within the 1/2 hour limit...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/07 19:20:16
BackRhodes

FELIX:  You have "The Plague"...???

Feels like it. The guy I've been seeing off and on has strep throat, and I suspect that's the direction I'm heading. Or the flu. Blech.

Anyway, tonight I made my recipe for gumbo. Couldn't taste much, but I know it's good. Plus, it makes a huge vat, so later I'll get the full flavour.

post edited by felix4067 - 2011/12/07 19:21:20
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 16:33:40
BackRhodes

"Roast Beast"...???

Does this mean they're not sure what it was...or are they just not wanting to make it public...???

NO it is just an homage to Dr Seuss & The Grinch
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 18:23:21
I guess I'd rather have "roast beast", than green eggs and ham...but then again, roast beast could mean just about anything exotic, such as monkey brains, eels, or python steak...

I need a good dinner tonight to make up for last night...

I got a new road atlas for Calif, and I spent the entire night thumbing through it...looking at places I've been, and also places I've not been to yet...

It was after midnight before I realized how late it was, so I had a handful of Wheat Thins for dinner...

I will make amends tonight...
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 18:37:59
I'm thinking of having a few slices of olive loaf for dinner, with a couple of bites of Gorgonzola.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 20:24:33
I love olive loaf!! Boars Head makes an excellent one.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 20:27:36
That's what I have.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 21:02:46
I decided it was time to cook.

I saute-ed peppers and onions with Italian sausage.  I cooked them with some wine, jarred sauce and lots of seasonings to be served over linguini.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2011/12/08 21:34:01
Um, that looks really good.
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 84