What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..41424344454647484950.. > >> | Showing page 45 of 65, messages 2641 to 2700 of 3875
pnwchef
  • Total Posts : 2236
  • Reward points : 0
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/18/13 8:17 PM
lleechef

I didn't "relent".  I said I was going to eat salad in response to his cheeky remark after seeing some photos of me on another thread........"Geeze, you were thinner then!"  Arrrrrrrrrgh.

Lisa, maybe Michael's next step is to repent, I would buy a ticket to that show............
<message edited by pnwchef on Sat, 05/18/13 8:19 PM>

pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/18/13 8:18 PM
Mar, have fun tomorrow, take some pictures so you could show these people what a good Gumbo looks like...............Bill

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17833
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/18/13 8:30 PM
lleechef

I didn't "relent".  I said I was going to eat salad in response to his cheeky remark after seeing some photos of me on another thread........"Geeze, you were thinner then!"  Arrrrrrrrrgh.

That's not exactly what I said. By the way, I really love the pork tenderloin you're making, as well as the fingerling potatoes and the broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce

lleechef
  • Total Posts : 6230
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 12:34 AM
pnwchef

lleechef

Lisa, maybe Michael's next step is to repent, I would buy a ticket to that show............

The tickets are on sale but for you.........free admission.  I need somebody on my side!

felix4067
  • Total Posts : 3296
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 2:38 AM
Today I had a little over an hour between shows, so I went with one of my perennial favourites...Bull's Head Tavern (http://www.thebullsheadtavern.com/). It's kitty-corner across the street from the theatre. Treated myself to their smoked gouda chicken pasta (penne, seared chicken breast, pancetta, muhrooms and asparagus in smoked gouda cream sauce, topped with smoked gouda). Figured I deserved it after this week, and knowing I won't have a day off again until Tuesday (got more work thrown at me for Monday about three hours ago).

pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 9:36 AM
lleechef

pnwchef

lleechef

The tickets are on sale but for you.........free admission.  I need somebody on my side!

Lisa, they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Thats fine, but you would think the old dog could just sit and stop barking...............Make sure he takes you to Boston in June.........

mar52
  • Total Posts : 7599
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 12:27 PM
I had frozen pizza and a Cheerwine.

I was shocked when I saw a refrigerated section with Triple XXX Root Beer and Cheerwine in my closest (I'm between three) Ralph's which is owned by Kroger's.

agnesrob
  • Total Posts : 1790
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 3:51 PM
Last night I made Cod and Potato Chowder(sorry, I forgot to take pictures) and for tonight Tuna noodle Casserole

(my daughter had three wisdom teeth extracted on Thursday so I've been going for soft chew things). Here was my son's reaction to the tuna casserole(he hates it!).

He makes at least two and sometimes three pizzas a week!

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 4:24 PM
I like tuna and I love noodles.

But put them together and I also want a pizza!

iluvcfood
  • Total Posts : 395
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 6:33 PM
mar52

I like tuna and I love noodles.

But put them together and I also want a pizza!

I /We love tuna and noodles....  we also love Tuna sandwiches with HB eggs mixed in served on Jewish toasted Rye topped with Sharp Cheddar..  ( guess that would be considered a "Tuna Melt"?
anyway..............tonights dinner was (sounds strange but it was VERY good)........  an over night marinated in Pineapple juice and then slowly cooked in a low temp oven for a few hours covered with lots of pepper/seasonings Pork Roast.....      We also had it served with BBQ/Grilled Zuccinni

<message edited by iluvcfood on Sun, 05/19/13 6:34 PM>

CajunKing
  • Total Posts : 6317
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 8:44 PM
lleechef

Sounds like he should have "toejam" sandwiches instead of fried spam. 

CajunKing
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 8:46 PM
Michael Hoffman

lleechef

That's not exactly what I said. By the way, I really love the pork tenderloin you're making, as well as the fingerling potatoes and the broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce

TOO LATE to suck up now Michael!

CajunKing
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/19/13 8:51 PM
I have been experimenting with the stroganoff sauce for my recreation of the pharmacy's stroganoff burger, I have now had several stroganoff burgers, but tonight it is:

Grilled Ribeye (Med rare) topped with swiss and harvati cheese, smothered with the stroganoff sauce.

Red New potatoes boiled, then smothered in the stroganoff sauce with cheese and bacon.

(Can you tell I made too much sauce, but OMG has it been good)

Yesterday night was fried crapie and mushrooms

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 12:18 AM
CajunKing, that sounds amazing!

By the time I finally got out of work, we ended up at Steak & Shake. Could be worse, I guess.

Michael Hoffman
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 10:04 AM
Last night I ruined a perfectly fine flank steak and some roasted potato wedges. I have no idea why my always (till last evening) marvelous marinade resulted in a complete lack of flavor for the steak, and I cannot figure out how I managed to grill the thing to medium. While the meat was both overcooked and flavorless, it was very tender. As to the potatoes, well, they were dry and lacking in flavor. The caprese salad we had was excellent.
lleechef made the salad.

lleechef was kind. I did not deserve kindness.

pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 1:22 PM
Michael Hoffman

Last night I ruined a perfectly fine flank steak and some roasted potato wedges. I have no idea why my always (till last evening) marvelous marinade resulted in a complete lack of flavor for the steak, and I cannot figure out how I managed to grill the thing to medium. While the meat was both overcooked and flavorless, it was very tender. As to the potatoes, well, they were dry and lacking in flavor. The caprese salad we had was excellent.
lleechef made the salad.

I thought Lisa gave you a can opener for your birthday. From what I remember, Lisa said, if you can't open it with a can opener, don't touch it. Leave the important things to lisa, now go take a nap................pnwc

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 6:21 PM

My dinner last night doubled as Mother's Day for my Mom...

I started cooking a few days ago by pickling some cucumbers:

Boiled Peanuts to snack on while waiting:  (They were from a can and delicious!)

The meal was to begin with gumbo.

Cooking:

Plated:

Waiting to be served:

Stewed Cinnamon Apples:

The macaroni and cheese prior to bking. I forgot the after picture:

My brother's Fried Chicken which was moist!

Collard Greens:

Blackeyed Peas:

I forgot to take a picture of the stringbeans and ham.

My plate:

Banana Pudding:

Strawberry Cheesecake because I knew my mother would not try the banana pudding:

Mom!  She'll be 86 next month

It was fun!

lleechef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 6:31 PM
Your food looks great but not as good as your Mother!  She sure doesn't look her age and you can tell her I said so!!!
Would you consider re-posting your gumbo recipe?  I know you are famous for it and the recipe is here somewhere but I'm too lazy to go digging.  Puhleese?

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 7:05 PM
 Hi Lisa,  I wrote this recipe years ago and I vary it every time I make it.

This time I cheated and used Cajun Power Gumbo Base instead of making my own roux.

Here's mine:  (I won two Gumbo Cookoffs with it and two trips for two to New Orleans)

Marlene’s Gumbo  Makes 15-20 servings

1 C. vegetable oil
¾  C. flour
4 C. chopped onions
2 C. chopped celery
2 C. chopped green pepper
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic  (You can use a garlic press)
8 C. Swanson’s chicken broth (heated which is debated)  I cheat unless I have homemade.
1 bag (or less) of Costco’s frozen chicken wings that are like Buffalo Wings.  The seasoning on them helps!
1 ring smoked sausage, sliced in to rounds  (I use the regular that is a pork/beef mix)
1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning  (I use Joe's Stuff whch is from the New Orleans School of Cooking)
½ tsp thyme
2 bay leaves
Pinch sugar  (optional)

2 C chopped green onions
2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp or more!
Cooked rice  (I don’t bother with rice)
Filé.   (I never use it)

I make my gumbo in stages over two days.  The trick is to have everything ready because there is no time to stop once you begin.

First I make the roux.  This is the most labor intensive part.  BUT, before you begin have all the onions, celery, green pepper and garlic diced and ready.  Set a time when you have 2 hours free. Go to the bathroom before you begin!   Do not leave the pan while you are stirring.  Do not answer the phone, do not answer the door.  (The roux goes through different stages so don’t be alarmed… just keep stirring) (I know that Lisa already knows all of this)

A heavy bottomed pan is the best for making the roux.  You will need a flat bottomed wooden spatula to stir it…CONSTANTLY until you get the color you want.  You might start with a roux the color of peanut butter.  I make mine almost as dark as chocolate, but I’ve been doing it for years.  The lighter the roux the more thickening properties it has.  I think the darker roux has a richer taste.  IF YOU BURN THE ROUX, THROW IT OUT AND START OVER  This could take over an hour depending on how brave you are with the heat. 

Heat the oil in the pan (I use a cast iron skillet which might get too hot for a beginner) on a middle to high heat and when you see the rippling effect dump in all of the flour a little at a time and start stirring.

I start on a higher fire and then turn it down because I’m a chicken.  When I think it’s getting too hot I slide the pan off the burner, stir, stir, stir and then put it back still stirring.  You can also buy roux already made in a jar!   BEWARE!  Roux is as hot as moltent lava.  You do not want it getting on you.

When the roux is the color you want, dump in all of the onions, celery and green pepper.  (Those 3 items together are called the Holy Trinity or just the Trinity)  I cook them down until you can’t recognize the individual pieces.  I make it a mush.  When it’s to this mushy state, stir in the garlic, cook a couple of minutes and transfer it all in to the LARGE stock pot that you’ll be using.

Carefully stir in the warmed up broth, bring it to a boil and then lower to a simmer.  Dump in all the chicken wings you want and continue to simmer.  (If I have shrimp shells I heat them up in the chicken broth and strain it first)

While it’s simmering saute the sausage to brown it for extra flavor and to get rid of some of the grease.  Blot them with paper towels and add them to the pot.  Add the Cajun spice, bay leaves, thyme and simmer for the a couple of hours. Taste!  If you think it could use a little sugar add a pinch or two. Cool.  Refrigerate overnight.

The next morning I skim as much of the fat off of the top of the gumbo as possible.  Then I pick out all of the chicken skin, bones and what I call knuckles which I guess is cartilage. 

Then I heat it up again.  The remaining grease will pool on the top of the gumbo.  I skim some more with a spoon and then I actually layer paper towels on the top to remove almost all of the grease.  I find this to be part of why my recipe wins.  It’s not greasy at all.

Heat it up again to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. 

Approximately 10 minutes before serving, add green onions.   Right before you’re ready to serve it dump in the shrimp.  They only take a couple of minutes to cook and you don’t want to over cook them.  Those small lobster tails were $4 a piece at my grocery store this week so I bought 4 and halved them.  Great for presentation!  LOL  Serve gumbo over rice or without rice as I do.  Rice is just a filler.  Make your contents stand on their own!

Some people use File powder which gives it a different taste.  It also thickens it up.  You serve it on the table and stir it in to your own bowl.  you never cook file!  I don’t use it.  I don’t like it!    You can also add okra and tomatoes but don’t.  It doesn’t need it.

Most serve gumbo over white rice, but I feel it takes away the taste.  I serve it like a soup without the rice.

Hope this helps!

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 7:12 PM
Here's the base I used this time:

http://www.cajunpowersauc...-A12A-3A725D947B7933A7

I found it a bit greasy tasting.

It had all the spice and vegetables in it.

I added sauteed trinity and a can of okra and tomatoes.

I bought a rotisserie chicken and pulled it apart, smoked sausage when I didn't like the way my Andouille smelled and those lobster tails at the last minute.

I'm all for shortcuts when the back and thumb aren't feeling well!

agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 7:45 PM
What a great looking dinner Mar!! Your Mom's a lucky lady!

love2bake
  • Total Posts : 1273
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 8:30 PM
Mar - that dinner looks like heaven!!  Gorgeous gumbo and fried chicken, the perfect complement of southern sides, and two incredible desserts.  Wow.  And boiled p-nuts--yay!!!  Whose brand did you use?  I've had a hard time getting them right in a crockpot so have considered buying canned ones instead.  Thank you for posting your prized gumbo recipe.

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/20/13 8:35 PM
Thanks, Girls!

The boiled peanuts came from Walmart.  I rinsed them to get rid of some of the sliminess.

They also came in a Cajun spiced flavor but I opted for plain.  I liked them!

Michael Hoffman
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 12:36 PM
pnwchef

Michael Hoffman

lleechef made the salad.

I thought Lisa gave you a can opener for your birthday. From what I remember, Lisa said, if you can't open it with a can opener, don't touch it. Leave the important things to lisa, now go take a nap................pnwc

I try to stick with cans that have pull-top lids. I wish I could take a nap, but I have too many things to get done, including driving my new John Deere to the back yard for some serious mowing.

CajunKing
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 4:51 PM
As a former Southerner

WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH BOILED PEANUTS??

lleechef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 5:07 PM
mar
Thanks for the recipe.  I've been hungry for gumbo lately so I'm going to make yours this week (minus the lobster tails).

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 6:37 PM
The lobster tails didn't add anything tastewise.  It was all for presentation!

pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 8:03 PM
Mar....This time I cheated and used Cajun Power Gumbo Base instead of making my own roux. 

Mar, Earl and Flewer and some spices, I'm telling Mom

Mom looks happy, nice going on the food. 

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 8:17 PM
Mom figured it out.

Not as good as mine. 

Boy!

morningglory
  • Total Posts : 559
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 8:28 PM
All, glorious & wonderful, especially MON!

My dinner last night doubled as Mother's Day for my Mom...

I started cooking a few days ago by pickling some cucumbers:

Boiled Peanuts to snack on while waiting:  (They were from a can and delicious!)

The meal was to begin with gumbo.

Cooking:

Plated:

Waiting to be served:

Stewed Cinnamon Apples:

The macaroni and cheese prior to bking. I forgot the after picture:

My brother's Fried Chicken which was moist!

Collard Greens:

Blackeyed Peas:

I forgot to take a picture of the stringbeans and ham.

My plate:

Banana Pudding:

Strawberry Cheesecake because I knew my mother would not try the banana pudding:

Mom!  She'll be 86 next month

It was fun!

agnesrob

Last night I made Cod and Potato Chowder(sorry, I forgot to take pictures) and for tonight Tuna noodle Casserole

(my daughter had three wisdom teeth extracted on Thursday so I've been going for soft chew things). Here was my son's reaction to the tuna casserole(he hates it!).

He makes at least two and sometimes three pizzas a week!

morningglory
  • Total Posts : 559
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 8:49 PM
Sir,

Life is like that, sometimes. You have each other  and that's what counts!

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 9:09 PM
Mar, that looks amazing!! Now I really, really need to make gumbo again, and I'm probably going to use your recipe instead of my own, because it sounds fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing!

Dinner tonight was at my sister's house. Steaks on the grill, sauteed mushrooms with whole garlic cloves, home-made french fries, and a barley and corn salad. With bottomless glasses of sweet tea, eaten in her outdoor living room. I didn't take a picture of any of the food because I was talking, but I did get a picture of the location. What looks like a dining room table is actually a covered outdoor pool table, but with the cover it does nicely for dinner.

<message edited by felix4067 on Tue, 05/21/13 9:10 PM>

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/21/13 11:09 PM
I want that backyard!

With my gumbo the spice on the chicken wings flavors the broth along with the Cajun spice mix.

The touch of sugar does wonders.  It's my secret.

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Wed, 05/22/13 6:46 PM
I want that back yard, too! Their whole house is amazing...I spend as much time there as possible for most of the summer. Luckily, we only live about 1/2 mile apart, so it's easy.

I'm really looking forward to making your gumbo!

Tonight we had the last of the crock pot BBQ ribs I did t'other day, along with some steamed fresh asparagus (it's going like gangbusters locally right now), deli coleslaw, and watermelon chunks.

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Thu, 05/23/13 1:21 AM
I had a copicola sub.

Now I'm trying to identify the flavor of the clear carbonated liquid I'm drinking.

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Thu, 05/23/13 9:46 PM

pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Thu, 05/23/13 11:15 PM
Mar, Gabagool............yah want to get wacked talking the otter way

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Thu, 05/23/13 11:40 PM
Mar!!!  You do not play fair. 
That looks awesome. 

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Thu, 05/23/13 11:57 PM
Bill,  OK... Gabagool on a roll.

love2bake:  I was just trying to use up some things that were about ready to toss.  (Topped with the real thing from Vermont)

Can't wait to finish the bottle from Vermont to try a gift bottle of Extra light from Canada.  It's been staring at me.

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Fri, 05/24/13 12:11 AM
Yeah, so now I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow...that almost made me lick the screen, Mar! I've even got some of the real stuff, although it's from the nature center here and not Vermont.

We had fish, marinated in orange juice, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, dill, and lemon-orange-pepper seasoning. With some kinda steamable frozen vegetable mix and deli coleslaw. Lately I've been eating a ridiculous amount of deli coleslaw.

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Fri, 05/24/13 2:05 AM
Deli slaw can be great!

I made Halibut en papillote for my mother for Mother's Day because she didn't want to eat my brother's fried chicken.

I'd never done it before and was amazed how easy it was.  I topped the halibut with grilled vegetables (put some under as well) with seasoning and a drizzle of oil.  So easy and no mess!

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Fri, 05/24/13 10:08 AM
I keep meaning to order some maple syrup from Michigan.  I've tried NH and Canadian (and Vermont, of course), but I hear Michigan is a big producer, too.  If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Fri, 05/24/13 12:26 PM
love2bake, I get mine at the nature center, which doesn't have online sales...they make it every spring as an educational thing for kids. But I'll see what I can come up with! I'm heading to the good farmer's market next weekend, and I'm sure they'll be able to recommend someone. Or it's possible the nature center will sell over the phone if not online.

We have tons of maple trees here! I've got six just in my yard.

agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Fri, 05/24/13 9:55 PM
Country Pie!! My Daughter Katie had a bad day so I knew I wanted to make one of her favorites for dinner!

One of my favorites!

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/25/13 9:12 AM
Thanks, felix!

Agnes - that looks very tasty.  What's in it?

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/25/13 12:52 PM
Agnes, see above. 

agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/25/13 5:40 PM
Country Pie

Ingredients
  • CRUST:
  • 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • FILLING:
  • 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Directions
  • Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Press the
  • mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie pan.
  • For filling, combine tomato sauce, rice, water, salt and 3/4 cup
  • cheddar ( I always use more!). Spoon into ground beef crust. Cover lightly with foil and
  • bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; sprinkle with
  • remaining cheese( again, more!) and bake 10 to 15minutes longer or until cheese is
  • melted. Yield: 6 servings.
My Mom started making this when I was about 8. My siblings all make it too! The smell alone is so good!
<message edited by agnesrob on Sat, 05/25/13 5:43 PM>

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sat, 05/25/13 6:29 PM
Thanks!  Sounds like a fun meal.

We ate a ton of grilled samples at my brother's annual Memorial Day sale. 

I didn't work it this year and he's doing only 1/5 the business of last year. 

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/26/13 6:42 PM
I went for a bleu cheese overload tonight, because I could. Bacon and bleu cheese stuffed chicken, asparagus with bleu cheese sauce, and some deli coleslaw.

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/26/13 9:47 PM
Thanks, Agnes!  Looks great, and I copied it down.

Dinner was ballpark food:  Italian sausage, peppers and onions sandwich and a Drumstick ice cream. And even better, my team won!

Michael Hoffman
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Sun, 05/26/13 9:54 PM
Yes they did -- 7-3.

BackRhodes
  • Total Posts : 652
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 12:31 AM
Here at the MC Ranch, bbq is taken seriously, even if done on a gas grill...
The same goes for my sauce...

On the grill was a holiday trifecta: Chicken, baby Back ribs, and bacon

Ribs and chicken rubbed with 2 of my rub blends, chicken aslo had 1 cup of the sauce (below) added to marinate...both put in reefer box for 3 hours...

The Grill: 3 burners, all on high, ribed put over center burner meat side up for 5 miuntes, flipped with meat side down, center burner turned off (for indirect heat with just left & right burners on)...12 oz of hickory smoked bacon layed on top of the ribs...

1 hour later I wrap ribs in foil including bacon, set on upper rack in center for more indirect heat...

Center burner back on hight, 6 pieces of bone in chicken thigh put on grill skin side up for approx 5~10 minutes, flipped with skin side down for another 5~10 minutes, then center burner back off for indirect heat...

50 minutes later center burner back on high took ribs and bacon out of foil, put bacon along with the other items over burners for a char on all 3 items, added bbq sauce on all 3 items...

Served with corn that was boiled & then grilled...

YUMMY

This is my sauce for this weekend...
½ cup OT's BBQ Sauce
½ cup J Lee Roy's Dippin Sauce
¼ cup La Victoria Green Taco Sauce
¼ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup clover honey
¼ cup dark brown sugar
2 Tbls Worchester Sauce
1 Tbls Liquid Hickory Smoke
1 Tbls Applewood Smoked Salt
1 Tbls Dried Onion Flakes
2 tsp  Dry Onion Powder
2 tsp  Dry Garlic Powder
1 tsp  Crushed Red Pepper flakes
1 tsp ground black pepper

Mix well and use as a marinade, cooking sauce, or on the side as a dip...makes roughly 2 cups...

BackRhodes
  • Total Posts : 652
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 12:38 AM
I just made a post, but don't see it, even though it's listed in the most recent posts in my control panel...

Hummmmm....

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 2:09 AM
It's there and looks tasty.  Welcome back.

agnesrob
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 8:21 AM
That bacon looks so good!

felix4067
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 6:26 PM
I was inspired by the bacon...sort of. I made a breakfast casserole with sliced hard-boiled eggs, bacon, onion, and a sour cream-cheddar sauce. Totally forgot to take pictures, but whatever. I've made it a hundred times, and am confident there are several pictures of it in this thread already.

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 11:07 PM

I overcooked the tri-tip but it was still moist and tender.

In the foil packets...  What I found out are are called California Vegetables.  I didn't know they had a name....  cauliflower, brocoli, carrots and I added brussel sprouts with one pat of butter and a little ketjep manis.

We also had potato salad
<message edited by mar52 on Mon, 05/27/13 11:10 PM>

CCinNJ
  • Total Posts : 7748
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Mon, 05/27/13 11:27 PM
Beautiful meal Mar!

love2bake
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/28/13 12:33 AM
What a perfect holiday weekend feast!  Is that a green egg?

mar52
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? - Tue, 05/28/13 1:10 AM
Yes it is a Big Green Egg.

I didn't use it much last summer.  Going to try to change that this year. 

Next time...  45 minutes on the tri-tip.  Set it and forget it!

Change Page: << < ..41424344454647484950.. > >> | Showing page 45 of 65, messages 2641 to 2700 of 3875