The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..51525354555657585960.. > >> | Showing page 58 of 128, messages 1711 to 1740 of 3839
iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 395
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 7:43 PM (permalink)
Hard to tell/visualize from this pic but the Wife brought home 4 dozen home made tamales tonight so I'll enjoy these for a few days! 

One Dozen Cheese/Chili filled
Two Dozen Spicy Beef
One Dozen Spicy Chicken

mar52

• Total Posts: 7593
    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 8:30 PM (permalink)
    Brad, my chili also started out as a bag of Bear Creek.  Then I started opening cans and added hamburger and spices and pasta and and and until I liked it.

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 8:31 PM (permalink)
      Greg, you're stuttering.

You can delete one of your posts with the button at the bottom of your post that says "Manage Message"

Love tamales!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17808
        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 10:26 PM (permalink)
        For dinner tonight lleechef prepared broiled crab imperial, filet mignon marchand de vin and roasted asparagus. The wine was a Coppola zinfandel.

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 10:56 PM (permalink)
          For dinner tonight I had Leberwurst und Käse mit einem Senf festgenagelt mit Meerrettich. 

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 11:06 PM (permalink)
            I love horseradish mustard.

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sat, 12/22/12 11:28 PM (permalink)
              This stuff is great.  I bought it a couple of years ago in Solvang and never opened it.  It's in a tube like toothpaste. 

I'm out of my Tobasco mustard and I thought the sandwich needed a kick.

Nailed it.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
                Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 12:24 AM (permalink)
                We stopped at Steak & Shake on our way from work to driving around looking at Christmas lights. Never get a bacon cheeseburger with everything on it if you're going to try to eat in the car in the dark.

geez70

• Total Posts: 40
                  Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 2:00 PM (permalink)
                  Tonight will be chicken thighs maybe wraped in bacon and BBQ sauce or maybe a masala,  haven't figured out what I want to do with them yet.

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 2:59 PM (permalink)
                    Tonight a favorite -- pot roast,. potatoes, carrots, onions, and sliced Wonder Bread to go under my gravy. It's cooking now, and the aroma is killing me -- So good. So good.

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 3:02 PM (permalink)
                      You are so spoiled Michael!!! I'm imaging the smell and it is wonderful!

iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 395
                        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 5:13 PM (permalink)
                        Direct from Sprouts!  How's this for fresh Brussel Sprouts?  Yummmmmmmmm

<message edited by iluvcfood on Sun, 12/23/12 5:54 PM>

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 5:37 PM (permalink)
                          kland01s

You are so spoiled Michael!!! I'm imaging the smell and it is wonderful!

How 'bout that?

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 7:40 PM (permalink)
                            Today was Christmas at my house, which we do potluck because it's mean to make one household cook for all of us. Baked ham, sour cream potato casserole, shrimp salad, stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped shrimp, various cheeses with crackers, whitefish pate with crackers, relish tray (sweet and dill pickles, black and green olives, pepperoni and beef sticks), olive/carrot penguins, homemade candy tray (peanut butter fudge, my maternal grandma's caramels, chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, chocolate-covered cashews, butterscotch fudge), cookie tray (pumpkin spice with white chocolate chips, cream cheese walnut, old-fashioned molasses spice), Oreo truffles, cherry pie filling bread, my great-grandma's gingerbread, holiday punch (cranberry, pineapple, ginger ale...good with rum!), lemon meringue pie, and cherry pie.
                            <message edited by felix4067 on Sun, 12/23/12 7:41 PM>

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7743
                              Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 10:20 PM (permalink)
                              I had to look up the penguins. They are adorable!

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 12/23/12 11:42 PM (permalink)
                                They are! And my sister assured me they're ridiculously easy to make, too, which makes them even better.

I realized as I collapsed into my chair after everyone left that I took not one food picture today. Weird.

baileysoriginal

• Total Posts: 758
                                  Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 12:15 AM (permalink)
                                  We also made the penguins for tomorrow nights appetizer Christmas Eve - we shaped a cheese ball into a skating rink and are going to put the penguins on and around it - (for the kids) 

Then we're doing bacon wrapped asparagus - pork crostini -  mini phyllo shells with crab and artichokes - Gazpacho shooters with shrimp - mini Beef Wellingtons -  cheese, olive and marinated tomato skewers - mini crab cakes with Remoulade.  Roasted pecans and Amaretto cookies - Baklava and eggnog with spirits.

This year we're not doing the traditional turkey and dressing with all the trimmings for Christmas Day - instead it's going to be Bloody Marys and  brunch about 2pm - omelettes, bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, fruit. 

Christmas night -  Prime Rib - Duchess Potatoes - Salad - Merlot.

The weather is supposed to be frightful the day after Christmas so I'm thinking a pot of Chicken & Dumplings or Beef Stew would be good.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 12:24 AM (permalink)
                                    A skating rink!

I think I will make them. I have Laughing Cow triangles. Maybe a snowman or a snowball fight...if the snowman does not cooperate.

So they have to wear scarves...not tuxedos.

I'll try to make a green olive Grinch...with a pimento heart.
                                    <message edited by CCinNJ on Mon, 12/24/12 12:30 AM>

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 12:46 AM (permalink)
                                      Will you name him Jack?

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 1:05 AM (permalink)
                                        Jack Newman if it works. Jack Martini otherwise.

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 1:06 AM (permalink)

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 1:24 AM (permalink)

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 2:33 AM (permalink)
                                              Cool!

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 9:36 AM (permalink)
                                                Tonight we're having the traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes. Except, in an effort to cut down our national debt we're restricting it to one fish -- a humongous number of king crab legs.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                                                  Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 9:54 AM (permalink)
                                                  Bailey's Original,
                                                     You are officially invited to the champagne taste-off in Memphis.  

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 10:17 AM (permalink)
                                                    Tell the penguins...formal attire.

baileysoriginal

• Total Posts: 758
                                                      • Location: friars point, MS
                                                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 1:10 PM (permalink)
                                                      Poverty Pete

Bailey's Original,
                                                        You are officially invited to the champagne taste-off in Memphis.  

Hey - Memphis is only 75 miles from here - and I like Champagne!

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                                                        • Location: SFBay Area, CA
                                                        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 1:10 PM (permalink)
                                                        felix4067

Today was Christmas at my house, which we do potluck because it's mean to make one household cook for all of us. Baked ham, sour cream potato casserole, shrimp salad, stuffed mushrooms, bacon-wrapped shrimp, various cheeses with crackers, whitefish pate with crackers, relish tray (sweet and dill pickles, black and green olives, pepperoni and beef sticks), olive/carrot penguins, homemade candy tray (peanut butter fudge, my maternal grandma's caramels, chocolate-covered peanut butter balls, chocolate-covered cashews, butterscotch fudge), cookie tray (pumpkin spice with white chocolate chips, cream cheese walnut, old-fashioned molasses spice), Oreo truffles, cherry pie filling bread, my great-grandma's gingerbread, holiday punch (cranberry, pineapple, ginger ale...good with rum!), lemon meringue pie, and cherry pie.

That sounds amazing!  I bet the homemade candies were fabulous--would love to try the butterscotch fudge.  Mmmmmm......

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                                                          • Location: SFBay Area, CA
                                                          Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 12/24/12 5:33 PM (permalink)
                                                          Chocolate Angel Pie for Christmas Eve dinner

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4712
                                                            • Location: Stoughton, WI
                                                            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Tue, 12/25/12 2:49 PM (permalink)
                                                            About 15 minutes ago I spitted a 5-bone (3-1/3 lbs) pork loin roast and put it on the rotisserie with some apple wood for smoke.  If we feel like eating later this evening I have some chicken wings resting comfortably in a beer brine.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..51525354555657585960.. > >> | Showing page 58 of 128, messages 1711 to 1740 of 3839

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 6 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com