The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 78 of 128, messages 2311 to 2340 of 3832
agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 03/27/13 11:17 PM (permalink)
I had leftover Coquilles St. Jacque's I made the other day. Late night at work!

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7740
    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 03/28/13 8:35 AM (permalink)
    A classic dish that has a day on the calendar. National Coquilles St. Jacques Day is May 16th.
    <message edited by CCinNJ on Thu, 03/28/13 8:37 AM>

agnesrob

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 03/28/13 8:44 AM (permalink)
      Wow, I didn't know that CC! I'll have to make it again in May!

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 03/28/13 8:51 AM (permalink)
        Food Days are fun...when you can work them in. It looks as though today is National something-on-a-stick Day. Hmmm...

http://www.thenibble.com/...cts/holidays-march.asp

CCinNJ

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 03/28/13 9:01 AM (permalink)
          Sigh two days before my Birthday...

May 31 National Macaron Day

But nooooo. My Mother had to wait until National Rocky Road Day. She tells me it's a fitting day for me.

The first Friday in June is National Donut Day! I didn't know that until right now! Sorry Mother!

In 2017 my Birthday is National Donut Day! Woooohoooo!
          <message edited by CCinNJ on Thu, 03/28/13 9:16 AM>

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 9:53 AM (permalink)
            CCinNJ

I had a gyro...and for some reason the picture looks somewhat obscene. I don't know how that happened and if I post it everyone will just try to figure it out. So maybe not.

What a tease!  Now we all REALLY want to see it.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 10:11 AM (permalink)
              It's Holy Thursday aka Thursday of the Mysteries...

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 1:03 PM (permalink)
                Last night was:
                Boneless center cut pork chops
                Chipoltle Cheddar mashed potatoes
                blue berry muffins

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 1:05 PM (permalink)
                  CCinNJ

It's Holy Thursday aka Thursday of the Mysteries...

Do you celebrate that with some fish and bread with watery wine that tastes a little like iron??

(now ducks under the desk to hide from the Lightning Strike)

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 1:08 PM (permalink)
                    Ooooh The Easter Bunny is gonna bring you bad candy for that!

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 1:32 PM (permalink)

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17797
                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 1:35 PM (permalink)
                        Last night's dinner was roasted pork tenderloin (perfectly pink in the middle) , oven roasted Yukon gold potatoes and tender, tiny Brussels sprouts.

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 3:55 PM (permalink)
                          Carbs, glorious carbs! Mom is going out for dinner, so I'm having some pasta tossed with butter, garlic and parmesan, along with some cheater garlic bread (toast with butter and garlic salt) and a banana.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 900
                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 7:24 PM (permalink)
                            Arroz con pollo.  There is a definite advantage to having a Puerto Rican wife!!!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 7:41 PM (permalink)
                              Lots of great sounding stuff, my friends. Coquille St. Jacque leftovers? There were leftovers? LOL!
                              Tonight was open faced hot turkey and gravy on a nice Tuscan bread.( Lord-sound like my Mother with the"nice" comment) Homemade potato salad....and  green beans. My husband of almost 34 years announced the other day that green beans are his favorite vegetable. I never knew.

agnesrob

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 03/28/13 8:52 PM (permalink)
                                Hey Ann, I sound more and more like my Mom too! I know about the leftovers! My kids don't like scallops like my husband and I do! Go figure! I really do love the "on a nice Tuscan bread" description. It sounds like me! There are so many things my husband and I don't know about each other and then again so many things we do know.  keeps things interesting I guess!

agnesrob

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 03/29/13 6:47 PM (permalink)
                                  Tonight was moussaka. I had all of the ingredients I needed, ground lamb, eggplant, canned tomatoes, so I was inspired!

I love the flavor of this dish with the spicing of cinnamon, clove and allspice. 

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 03/29/13 9:36 PM (permalink)
                                    Tonight I had a giant slice of barbecue chicken and bacon pizza while running the LED ribbon board at work with the other hand, because we had literally NO time between games. I have a love/hate relationship with NCAA hockey finals.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 03/29/13 10:09 PM (permalink)
                                      It's a day of fasting for me today...but I am so pleased to see the Tito's Tacos Roadood review. I love Tito's Tacos....you love Tito's too.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 03/29/13 11:11 PM (permalink)
                                        CC:    Have a wonderful Easter

I took my mother and her caregiver out for the day. 

It was going to be a special surprise for Hilda, the caregiver because one of our stops after driving by my grandparent's house and the house they had before that one.

First we stopped at their favorite restaurant...  Soup Plantation.

Then it was the drive culminating at a weekly Farmer's Market in the city of Eaglerock.

I knew that there was a vendor there selling something that Hilda loves and hasn't been able to get since leaving the Philippines.

My gift to her...  3 gorgeous Balut.  Gorgeous to her and maybe a mamma duck.  Hilda almost cried.

I made her promise to not eat them in front of me. 

Found out that the vendor had been selling there at the Farmer's Market every Friday since 1976.  He must sell a few eggs.

Me?  I came home and had a ham and cheese sandwich.

I'm a sinner.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 03/29/13 11:29 PM (permalink)
                                          I am with CC a big NOTHING today!  SIGHHHHH (It's only (1) day a year)

I am looking forward to Sunday Dinner though.

Do you know how hard it is to boil eggs, and not eat a hot fresh egg with a little butter and some salt and pepper.
                                          <message edited by CajunKing on Fri, 03/29/13 11:30 PM>

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 03/29/13 11:31 PM (permalink)
                                            Balut

love2bake

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 11:03 AM (permalink)
                                              mar52

CC:    Have a wonderful Easter

I took my mother and her caregiver out for the day. 

It was going to be a special surprise for Hilda, the caregiver because one of our stops after driving by my grandparent's house and the house they had before that one.

First we stopped at their favorite restaurant...  Soup Plantation.

Then it was the drive culminating at a weekly Farmer's Market in the city of Eaglerock.

I knew that there was a vendor there selling something that Hilda loves and hasn't been able to get since leaving the Philippines.

My gift to her...  3 gorgeous Balut.  Gorgeous to her and maybe a mamma duck.  Hilda almost cried.

I made her promise to not eat them in front of me. 

Found out that the vendor had been selling there at the Farmer's Market every Friday since 1976.  He must sell a few eggs.

Me?  I came home and had a ham and cheese sandwich.

I'm a sinner.

Balut - I had to look that up.  Eeew.
                                              Ham & cheese should be covered by Yom Kippur.    Time for plenty of sinning between now and then.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 11:44 AM (permalink)
                                                Thank you Mar!

Jersey City has so many wonderful Filipino restaurants and markets...

http://www.destinationjer...uide-to-little-manila/

My hands start to shake while minding my own business purchasing my Lumpia...and seeing Balut near the register of American Pinoy Market.

Jersey City (my birthplace) was also home to a Deli by Canter's before moving to Los Angeles and starting Canter's Deli. There's even a sandwich on the menu called Jersey City!

http://www.cantersdeli.com/history.html

There's an overview of Canter's by Michael Stern (Breakfast) but no Roadfood review.
                                                <message edited by CCinNJ on Sat, 03/30/13 12:09 PM>

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                                                  • Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 2:02 PM (permalink)
                                                  love2bake:  can you imagine that I only get one day to atone?

CCinNJ:  My dad dated one of the Canter daughters prior to meeting my mother.  My grandparents' market/meat & smoked fish deli was on Brooklyn Avenue, very close to the original Canter's.

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 2:29 PM (permalink)
                                                    Holy smoke! That's SO cool...and very appetizing!

Yum... the Brooklyn Ave. sandwich on the Canter's menu.

I saw the 3 Decker section ...Hollywood...Las Vegas ...Jersey City.

Wait a minute! Jersey City? Jersey City!!!!

CCinNJ

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 5:53 PM (permalink)
                                                      I believe I have a new Roadfood hoodie to design...

love2bake

• Location: SFBay Area, CA
                                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 10:07 PM (permalink)
                                                        Mar - I think it's fabulous to have only one day to cover it all!    It's so tidy.

Had breakfast for dinner: experimented with a Meyer Lemon Ricotta Dutch Baby Pancake with blueberry compote. 

felix4067

• Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
                                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 10:14 PM (permalink)
                                                          After dragging myself home from day two of NCAA hockey finals, all I had energy for was pulling a container of ham and bean soup out of the freezer. With some Club crackers, it was pretty darn fine. And now I'm going to need to sleep for at least 12 hours.

CCinNJ

• Location: Bayonne, NJ
                                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 03/30/13 10:21 PM (permalink)
                                                            Every year my Mother always says "you're gonna be GOOD on Good Friday. NO NOTHIN' RIGHT?"

That really means somethin'.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..71727374757677787980.. > >> | Showing page 78 of 128, messages 2311 to 2340 of 3832

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 5 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com