Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 82
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/14 22:08:36
Greymo

His wrestling is the best thing that ever happened to him.  He loves it     He had 6 matches and 6 wins today.  Four of them were pins.  This skinny scrawny kid is a real champ!

That's fantastic. It's great that his father got him started in wrestling.

By the way, how was tonight's Cooking Society dinner?

My dinner tonight was a simple cheesesteak.

Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 09:50:34
The dinner was outstanding...........a little delay as the girls turned the oven to the right temperture but neglected to turn the oven on! So we transferred the the ham loaf to a glass baking dish and did it in the microwave.  I could not believe how well it turned out.  I intend to use the microwave for meat loaves from now on when time is short!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 09:54:51
Great. And thanks for mentioning meat loaf. I haven't made one in a long time. Ground beef and pork just went on my shopping list.
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 14:49:08
I'm staying with my mother for a few days.....doctor appointments, etc. so I am making her favorite meal, gnocchi Bolognaise.  Plus a green salad with plenty of marinated artichokes and some garlic bread.  Easy dinner.  I offered to make bracciole with the gnocchi but she said no.  Smells like la cucina Italiana in this house.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 15:23:46
Oh, sure. And I'm having sardines and Saltines.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 15:58:22
Grilled THICK NY steaks last night...yummy

I have grilled chicken thighs on the menu for tonight...

But...right now (at 1:oo PM) according to my new weather station it's 37*...20 mph winds, and a wind chill of 27*...so I might have to cook indoors tonight...there's a VERY cold blast of cold air coming down from the Gulf Of Alaska associated with a breakdown of the high pressure area that has been dominating the eastern Pacific Ocean...and a very strong cold front is headed our way...so far the peak winds for today is 37 mph...we've not had the rain we usually get, and...

We need to make like a tomato and catch up...
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 16:06:16
Going here for dinner:

www.killershrimp.com

I'll report back later.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 18:23:02
Seasoned read to roast Chicken with fresh vegetables.

After Roasting at 400 degree for about 1 hr and 20 min

The Roasted vegetables are tossed with olive oil, paprika,cajun sea, granulated garlic, parsley,salt and pepper. I used yellow onions that were pretty hot, after roasting they were melt in your mouth sweet. The roasted cabbage was tender, the potatoes hot a nice crust and the carrot were really sweet. This has to be one of my favorite Sunday afternoon dinners............ pnwc

RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 18:55:25
Chicken livers, mushroom and onion gravy on rice.

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 19:09:10
PNWChef:  The roast chicken and veggies sure do look good to me.  You gave me a very good idea.

Paul E. Smith
KNoxville, TN
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 19:24:10
RubyRose

Chicken livers, mushroom and onion gravy on rice.

RubyRose, your meal really looks great, I bet it tastes as good as it looks............pnwc
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 20:48:50
Baby back ribs - Potato salad   BBQ beans
The ribs will be ready in about 30 minutes.....
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/15 22:56:34
That chicken and those livers look wonderful.

My meal as eaten at Killer Shrimp in Marina del Rey:

Began with grilled Caesar salad.  It was cold. I wasn't sure if it would be hot from the grill.  It was put there for just seconds to give the outer layer a grilled taste. What you see is half as they split orders prior to serving.

There were eight of us.  We ordered one small casserole of macaroni and lobster. The waiter suggested two for the table and I'm glad we didn't listen. Not bad, just not real good. I didn't know what to expect here, either. The pasta was a little too al dente for me, the sauce too creamy and I don't know why, but the lobster was a little bit fishy.

For $10 you could add a lobster tail to your meal.

The reason for going to Killer Shrimp....

Killer Shrimp is wonderful. They're in a rich broth that is spicy hot and loaded with rosemary and other spices. It comes with French bread to sop up the broth.

So, that's what I had for dinner.
carlton pierre
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/16 08:17:41
I made two large pans of shepherd's pie over the weekend.  Kids came over and had some and I'll finish it up tonight.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/16 19:11:04
Tonight was salsa chicken with kidney beans. I also threw in a can of red beans, because I could.

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 02:13:15
Mar...Are your meals always that colorful...
post edited by BackRhodes - 2012/01/18 02:18:24
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 02:20:57
Chili...cooked indoors tonight...

Last night was a grilled  "Longhorn"  burger...

ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 09:44:28
Wow-fantastic looking roasted chicken, mouthwatering livers,  good looking spicy shrimp, tempting salsa chicken; I hear my stomach grumbling loudly! Thanks for sharing, all!
And Carlton-I am making shepards pie tonight!
SeamusD
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 11:19:49
Very cold and windy today with more snow later on, so I'm making spicy Thai noodle soup tonight. Might make it hot pot style if I can find a good deal on beef.
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 15:37:27
We are having  Ruby pasta, a giant meatball, and green salad and garlic bread.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 16:25:36
BackRhodes, that was a special meal.
Last night's dinner was at

www.theboilingcrab.com

I learned that a friend had died right before leaving for dinner so I was very out of sorts.

There were ten of us at dinner and for the table we had 2 orders of Dungeness Crab, 2 orders of snow crab, 2 orders of Alaska King Crab (my favorite) and 2 orders of peel and eat shrimp.

The crab is ordered by order and charged per pound.
Shrimp is also by the pound.

With our order we each had a cob of corn, we shared 2 baskets of fries (one Cajun, one sweet potato), my mother had a cup of gumbo and there were drinks involved.

The tables are covered with a sort of waxed paper and the food brought to the table in plastic bags.  You dig in to them and make a total mess out of everything.

I don't like touching my food, but this is an exception.

Total bill for 10 people, tax and tip included...

$233.00   Not bad for what we got.

The spice we chose was a combination of everything in the medium heat range.  Nice and spicy, heavy on celery salt which was pronounced and delightfully delicious.

The restaurant is missing out.  They should be selling bread to sop up all the good deliciousness.

For my Texas friends,...  
There is one of these in Texas near Dallas/Richardson. I highly recommend it.

It's my favorite restaurant.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/18 18:26:51
Greymo

We are having  Ruby pasta, a giant meatball, and green salad and garlic bread.

Where'd you get the Ruby pasta? I haven't found any of that in a long time.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/20 21:14:17
Tonight I made some mayonnaise tilapia (yeah, it sounds weird, but it's really pretty good...sprinkle lemon pepper on the fillets, sprinkle some dried dill, spread with mayonnaise, and then sprinkle a Cajun blend seasoning. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.). Served with sides of broccoli and cauliflower.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/20 21:54:59
Sounds good and easy... something to try.

I opened up a jar of marinated artichoke bottoms and diced one up, roasted and peeled a red pepper and smashed and pitted a few Kalamata Olives.  I sauteed all of that with some shallots and made myself an omelet that I ate with a low fat, flour tortilla.
kathy_in_wlsv
Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 00:00:59
I need a camera.
Wednesday I made 15 bean soup in the 7 quart crockpot. Started with the bagged beans, added a couple of smoked ham hocks, some onions, tomatoes, spinach, carrots, and garlic.
By last night every last drop had been eaten. I served it with some storebought soft rye. (actually  the 2 day old stuff for 99 cents a loaf..) I'm nothing if not frugal.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 11:36:24
PNWCHEF

Seasoned read to roast Chicken with fresh vegetables.

After Roasting at 400 degree for about 1 hr and 20 min

The Roasted vegetables are tossed with olive oil, paprika,cajun sea, granulated garlic, parsley,salt and pepper. I used yellow onions that were pretty hot, after roasting they were melt in your mouth sweet. The roasted cabbage was tender, the potatoes hot a nice crust and the carrot were really sweet. This has to be one of my favorite Sunday afternoon dinners............ pnwc

THat looks killer. Tonight Chili Verde.

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 16:39:33
Yeah, that DOES look yummy...

With a chick chick here, and a chick chick there, everywhere a chick chick...Old MacDonald had a stove, E I E I O...

I have bone-in chicken thighs on hand, but I'm not cooking outside tonight, so it might be fried chicken cooked indoors...

Dinner last night was beef stew...cold weather food...and as I type this the snow is starting to blanket NW Calif (and moving on east to the Sierra's)...

Kathy...yes, do get a camera...they're fairly cheap these days for a simple model...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 17:08:39
I just use the camera in my phone. It's WAY better than the cheap digital camera I bought. 

Tonight I'm making crock pot BBQ chicken thighs, with brown rice and some kind of green vegetable on the side. Possibly peas.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 17:24:58
You get good results...do you use your computer to crop or resize the photo's...???

I've got the chicken but not a crock pot...how many watts does yours draw...???

post edited by BackRhodes - 2012/01/21 17:27:13
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 18:47:51
I just upload the pictures to Photobucket to post here, and it resizes them so I don't have to. Just move them from my phone to my computer, upload and go. The camera in my phone is 8MP...my actual camera is 2.5MP.  Although I think the size here might have something to do with the forum...the pictures are smaller here than they are on other forums, and also smaller than they show in the preview pane.

The recipe I use definitely requires a crock pot. I made it in the oven once, but the sauce does NOT play well with that kind of heat. I almost had to throw away my 9x13 glass casserole dish because the sauce welded itself to the sides. My crock pot is from about 1985...according to the sticker on the bottom it's 180 watts on low and 250 watts on high.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/crock-pot-bbq-chicken-thighs
post edited by felix4067 - 2012/01/21 18:49:18
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 20:45:11
Darn, I thought those were olives.

We ate at Coco's.  We had several friends that said it was good.  Never again.  It was the first and last time.  Nothing had any flavor or texture.  Texture is important.

I had a salad, grilled cod, rice and cole slaw.  Yuck.

Thank you for the recipe.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 21:12:20
Felix...is that straight from the crock pot...???

It looks good...what sauce is on the rice...???

My chicken is still frozen...so plan B tonight...

BTW...that last photo came out as 166Kb and 359x600 pixels so it HAS been reduced somewhere along the way, which IS good...

Mar...when you have a bad dinner, do you turn right around and do a  "make good" at a favorite place...???
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/21 22:54:12
My favorite places were last week.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/22 00:25:14
Yup, straight from the crock pot. The sauce on the rice is the barbecue sauce the chicken cooked in all day.

Mar, I would have LOVED to have olives instead of peas! But my mother is under the impression that olives are not a side dish, unless I make my olive salad. Silly woman.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/22 18:35:27
Tonight I reheated the leftover pork fu yung, served with parsnips sliced and tossed with olive oil, garlic powder and cajun seasoning, then roasted for about 25 minutes.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/22 20:20:56
Pork chops done chile verde style:

Cut up and browned the pork chops with a little salt and pepper.  Stirred around a sliced onion and some minced garlic in the same pan and then put everything into a pot.

Into the pot went a can of Hatch diced green chilies, a diced up red pepper that I roasted yesterday, some comino, Mexican oregano, chicken stock and a bunch of La Victoria Mild Green Sauce.

Let it come to a boil and then simmered it until the pork was soft, but not falling apart.

I think this is my best concoction yet!

Tasted like I was dining in New Mexico!
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/23 03:52:48
That does look yummy...it's after 1:oo AM and you're making me hungry...!!!
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/23 03:57:27
Outdoor cooking called on account of rain...

Cajun hot link and toasted seeded bun, cooked indoors...

My chicken thighs were thawed and put in a brine for overnight...hopefully will be dinner tomorrow night if I have any energy left after I get home... 
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/23 18:59:34
I got a Le Creuset Dutch oven for Christmas so I had to give it a proper inauguration.  Braising lamb shanks in it now with onions and garlic.  The accompaniments will be garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. 
Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/23 19:44:30
Well, at least a  couple of  Roadfooders are eating lamb tonight.  We are having lamb and sausage cassolet, served with braised onion and bacon brussel sprouts  and  French  Bread.
chefbuba
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/23 20:02:28
Carnitas tacos with fire roasted tomatillo & avocado salsa.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/24 16:05:29
Freezing rain after a snow storm, the wood is stacked for the wood stove and the brisket just came out of the oven.......

cooked onions that were cooked under the brisket

small rolls stacked with tender slices of brisket, BBQ sauce, onions for sandwiches, cole slaw and develed eggs........

post edited by PNWCHEF - 2012/01/24 16:09:32
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/24 18:34:25
I am so in love with my new Le Creuset that I'm finding excuses to use it over and over so tonight is chicken stew with scallion/roasted red pepper dumplings.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/24 22:04:28
mar52
I'm loving this thread!  It's getting me into the kitchen more which I enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: 
By participating in this topic thread you hereby agree to hold harmless the web site owners, moderators, participants, and topic creator(s) from any and all unwanted changes in any persons body weight...
post edited by BackRhodes - 2012/01/24 22:31:26
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/24 22:24:13
Tri Tip steaks...grilled...yum...

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/24 22:48:48
Pastrami and Swiss from Subway.  So shoot me.  I enjoyed it.

Le Creuset is the best!
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/24 23:50:55
I grabbed a Thai chicken wrap from the sports bar across the alley, since instead of the two-hour sushi dinner break I had planned I got 45 minutes.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/25 22:39:36
Just finished a Taco Salad with too many jalapenos and a lot of salsa- and it was so good....
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 15:44:09
I have been on a diet for the last 3 weeks, I broke it for a day, my choice was a New York Style Pizza. So that was the meal for the day, the picture is a pepperoni slice on a dinner plate, just to give you an idea of the size of each slice. Was it worth it.....YES............

joerogo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 15:50:21
PNWCHEF

I have been on a diet for the last 3 weeks, I broke it for a day, my choice was a New York Style Pizza. So that was the meal for the day, the picture is a pepperoni slice on a dinner plate, just to give you an idea of the size of each slice. Was it worth it.....YES............

Delivery?
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? 2012/01/26 17:03:50
PNWCHEF

Freezing rain after a snow storm, the wood is stacked for the wood stove and the brisket just came out of the oven.......

cooked onions that were cooked under the brisket

small rolls stacked with tender slices of brisket, BBQ sauce, onions for sandwiches, cole slaw and develed eggs........

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 17:06:11
mar52

Pastrami and Swiss from Subway.  So shoot me.  I enjoyed it.

Le Creuset is the best!

Don't need to shoot you, I give you maybe 2 more days!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 23:25:43
Tonight's dinner was aided by a package of frozen noodles with "flavor" pack.

I made Yakisoba my way...  pork belly, cabbage and onions with added salt, sugar and cayenne.  A pinch of each.

baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 23:32:24
Shrimp and Grits with Garlic Cheese Bread - it was just one of those nights - got home from work with no idea what was for dinner and searched the fridge freezer and pantry for something different - then I saw some frozen Gulf shrimp and remembered two recipes in the last Southern Living magazine I received - combined the best of the both of them and - there we had it - some pretty good Shrimp & Grits.  It's not something I want to eat very often but it was just right tonight.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 23:55:50
I made Singapore Chicken, using cauliflower this time instead of broccoli or a mixture of the two.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/26 23:58:01
Sweet and Sour?  Is the chicken minced?  It looks good.  If you haven't figured it out yet, I love food that covers my plate.

Recipe?
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/27 00:51:19
It might not be up yet, as I just posted it tonight. But the link should work by tomorrow if it isn't already. They're pretty darn quick.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/singapore-chicken

It's curry with a soy sauce and chicken broth sauce. Cubed chicken, about one inch. AND...it's diabetic. I tweaked it some, but it originally came from the ADA website.

This is from the last time I made it, with a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower. It's prettier.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/27 01:11:55
They both look good.  Thanks for the link.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 13:35:48
Gah. Something was wrong with the recipe, so it'll be a while before it's approved. Here:

1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons mild curry powder, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons salted roast peanuts, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use Maggi seasoning instead)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups small cauliflower or broccoli florets (or a combination)
1 cup coarsely diced red bell pepper
2 cups cooked brown rice

Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon chicken broth in a large nonstick skillet. Step
Add onion and cook over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Step
Push the onion to one side of the pan; add chicken, curry powder and pepper and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Step
Dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce; add mixture to pan along with remaining chicken broth. Step
Add broccoli/cauliflower and red pepper and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Step
Add peanuts and cook until chicken is completely done, about another 2-3 minutes. Step
Serve over 1/4 cup brown rice.
post edited by felix4067 - 2012/01/28 13:36:54
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 17:04:47
Thanks.  They kept telling me that I was denied access.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 82