The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 130, messages 241 to 270 of 3875
mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/8/11 9:40 PM (permalink)
Thanks, it was.  I don't care for a lot of sauce.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17833
    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/8/11 9:54 PM (permalink)
    Sauce is supposed to be just a condiment.

baileysoriginal

• Total Posts: 758
      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/8/11 11:20 PM (permalink)
      A perfectly grilled New York Strip - we've been having a few hit and miss deals on the grill with the wind and cold being a problem but tonight's steak was great -  a loaded up baked potato and a light salad and a glass of Cabernet. 

BackRhodes

• Total Posts: 652
        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/8/11 11:39 PM (permalink)
        I was undecided about eating in town or at home...until I saw a 2 for 1 sale on London Broil at Safeway...

So I cooked 1 and put the other in the freezer...

2.11# uncooked...

The gravy was 1/2 brown beef...the other 1/2 was country gravy...

Happy Happy Joy Joy

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3296
          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 12/9/11 12:07 AM (permalink)
          I broiled a couple of boneless pork loin chops with Cajun seasoning (my own mix, not that salty nonsense they have at the store), served with sides of lima beans and mixed vegetables.

BackRhodes

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 12/9/11 2:09 AM (permalink)
            I can't even remember when that last time I had pork chops...so it must be time...

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 12/9/11 4:27 PM (permalink)
              We are having ribs picked up from E&L Barbeque. They are wonderful. We get them with no sauce and add warmed  Dreamland sauce. Their potato salad and beans are good , too, although we add onion to the salad and hot peppers to the beans. 

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6094
                Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 12/9/11 5:23 PM (permalink)
                Lamb Meatballs stuffed with Goat Cheese as an App. Then, we smoked a Rack of Pork, they temporarily are selling at Costco. These bad boys are incredibly good, smoked to a 135 internal. 2 ribs off the rack for me, 1 for my wife, each Rack has 8 ribs. I cannot tell you how good this is and not because WE did it, if you like Pork, get to Costco, these are seasonal. Nothing else as we will be stuffed!

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 12/9/11 6:21 PM (permalink)
                  Had a light dinner at Thai Cafe in nearby Easley. I had a cup of coconut soup with shrimp and a sushi roll with eel and avocado. Very tasty.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 12/9/11 8:18 PM (permalink)
                    Hmph. Chicken strips and fries from the concession stand. I forgot Christian concerts don't pay for catering and there was no time to go anywhere else.

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 12:35 AM (permalink)
                      Sauerkraut with wienies and blackeyed peas with added jalapenos.

I'm still hungry.

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 742
                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 12:08 PM (permalink)
                        Homemade Pizza.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6230
                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 2:51 PM (permalink)
                          chewingthefat

Lamb Meatballs stuffed with Goat Cheese as an App. Then, we smoked a Rack of Pork, they temporarily are selling at Costco. These bad boys are incredibly good, smoked to a 135 internal. 2 ribs off the rack for me, 1 for my wife, each Rack has 8 ribs. I cannot tell you how good this is and not because WE did it, if you like Pork, get to Costco, these are seasonal. Nothing else as we will be stuffed!

You are SO right about that rack of pork!  Delicious.  We were at Costco the other day and bought one.  I think it's going to be Christmas dinner.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6094
                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 5:00 PM (permalink)
                            lleechef

chewingthefat

You are SO right about that rack of pork!  Delicious.  We were at Costco the other day and bought one.  I think it's going to be Christmas dinner.

lleechef, glad you agree. I sell them here as a platter, 2 ribs any 2 sides, most people can't finish all of it, hence doggie bags. I charge $18.99 per platter, fair price in your professional opinion?

lleechef

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 5:30 PM (permalink)
                              chewingthefat, $18.99 is cheap!  I would charge much more in one of my restaurants, especially for TWO pieces of pork.  I would be in the high $20s.  And you go the extra step and smoke it......I just roasted mine.  I'm sure yours is succulent.

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 6:32 PM (permalink)
                                My brother brought me some sweet paprika from his trip up or down the Danube.  I'm defrosting some chicken breasts and might make some paprikash and noodles tonight sans the sour cream.

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 8:59 PM (permalink)
                                  After typing that I decided to go downstairs and do the cooking.

Not bad.

Here is the beginings of my sauce:

Served:

Ready to eat:

Do you think they eat edemame in Hungary?

baileysoriginal

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 12/10/11 9:46 PM (permalink)
                                    Mar52 - I can almost taste that - great job!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4726
                                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 12/11/11 3:10 PM (permalink)
                                      I have a chicken drumstick/wing rack so I have 6 meaty drumsticks for the grill tonight.  2 of them are soaking in a mix of Panola Cajun hot sauce, seasoned salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried sage and since I jabbed the meat with a fork I'm hoping that it picks up a lot of flavor.

Brad

BelleReve

• Total Posts: 1137
                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 12/11/11 3:52 PM (permalink)
                                        split pea soup - later this evening when I'm off work.  The perfect dish for today which is cold, damp, and overcast.  The only good thing to say about it is the Saints are winning (so far).

baileysoriginal

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 12/11/11 9:15 PM (permalink)
                                          We had a rather large London Broil last night and only managed to eat half of it.  So tonight it'll be a steak sandwich with grilled onions and Pepper Jack cheese. 

BackRhodes

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 12/11/11 9:48 PM (permalink)
                                            It's gonna be popcorn tonight...

Friday night it was FF on the road...

Saturday Moring I watched the lunar eclipse from a perch in the northern Sierra Nevada's (at the Walker Plains on the Beckwourth Trail at 5,000 ft el) then had a real breakfast in Portola at Sharon's Cafe...

Last night it was pizza paid for by the RR Vice President after a long night on the Santa Train at 17*...6 large pizzas versus 20+ hungry people...

Yeah, I think popcorn tonight as I watch The Simpsons...

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 12/13/11 8:53 PM (permalink)
                                              Today it's a two-fer, as I forgot to post last night.

Yesterday we had Gingersnap Pork with frozen peas and carrots and frozen green beans with almonds on the side.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/gingersnap-pork

Tonight was a recipe I made up on the fly, Chicken Thighs with Garlic Sauce, sides of green beans and frozen cauliflower, broccoli and carrots in cheese sauce.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/chicken-thighs-garlic-sauce

baileysoriginal

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 12/14/11 10:59 PM (permalink)
                                                Last night - Cowboy Spaghetti with Ciabatta Garlic Cheese Bread.

Tonight -  Grilled Pork Chops - Potato Tortilla and Salad of Romaine and Kumato tomatoes.

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/15/11 12:07 AM (permalink)
                                                  Two vegetables each night?  That's four meals!

Tonight was store bought prepared baby back ribs with frozen peas.  I like frozen peas better in pea salad.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17833
                                                    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/15/11 12:26 PM (permalink)
                                                    baileysoriginal

Last night - Cowboy Spaghetti with Ciabatta Garlic Cheese Bread.

Cowboy spaghetti?

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                                                      • Location: West Peoria, IL
                                                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/15/11 12:39 PM (permalink)

BackRhodes

• Location: Mendocino County, CA
                                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/15/11 3:41 PM (permalink)
                                                        I had a substantial Mexican lunch yesterday, so dinner was a grilled Cajun Hot Link (Evergood, San Francisco) and I finished grilling just before the snow started to fall...

On the way home I scored a 4-pack of Noo Yawk steaks at Safeway, and saved an amazing amount of money (with my club card)...so...

TONIGHT it WILL be a Noo Yawk steak, grilled...and the other 3 will be preserved until needed...

lleechef

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/15/11 4:01 PM (permalink)
                                                          Tonight it will be veal city chicken prepared like veal Osso Buco, with risotto alla Milanese and a green salad.  Simple but tasty.

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 12/15/11 5:12 PM (permalink)
                                                            I'm also going simple tonight.

I can't wait to try out the 8-inch Viking Chef's knife that I WON!

I'll be making Thai Chicken Massaman if the canned coconut milk hasn't spoiled.  The last can separated into water and fat instead of coconut milk and fat.

If I do make it I'll serve it over plain white rice.  If I find where I put my camera I'll even take a picture if it turns out.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 9 of 130, messages 241 to 270 of 3875

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 6 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com