Helpful ReplyHot!What's For DINNER ...???

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 75
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 17:59:43
Tonight, just a cheesesteak on a bolillo roll. Maybe some (Giant Eagle) macaroni salad as a side.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 18:06:39
Michael Hoffman

Tonight, just a cheesesteak on a bolillo roll. Maybe some (Giant Eagle) macaroni salad as a side.

Michael:  How fortunate you are to have inhouse chef or perhaps you do it yourself.  Us folks in the south just do it as we know.  You seem so knowledgeable about European cooking,  I sorta wish I was that way but I ain't.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 18:22:05
The chef is in Pennsylvania right now. I make the cheesesteaks.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 19:10:04
mar52

Thanks.  They kept telling me that I was denied access.

Sorry about that. I apparently typed it with some goofy formatting and had to resubmit. New submission is approved. http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/singapore-chicken

Tonight I made a vegetable frittata, served with bag salad on the side. It was way watery (I used baby portobellas instead of white mushrooms), so it didn't so much come out of the pan in wedges like normal, but boy is it tasty.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/vegetable-frittata
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/28 22:04:20
Paul...I'm kinda the same way...but I also think that IF my culinary education included European techniques I'd end up being way too fat...

It's Ok to be true to yer taste buds & what you know...

I notice that the Food and / or Cooking channel has a new show about fat chefs that need to lose weight...I suppose it was only a matter of time before a program like this would be created...

Urp...

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/29 00:29:06
I had a BLAT for dinner because my mother gave me an avocado.

I'm cooking Mom another pot of cioppino.   She started bugging me about it when she finished her last portion.
Zagut
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/29 14:39:41
Tonight is an experiment.

5 chicken drumsticks browned in olive oil with pepper.
About 1 cup Baby carrots diced
1 1/2 stalks celery diced
2 small potatoes diced
Spices:
Paprika
Sage
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt
Pepper
No measurements. Just eyeball what looked right.
A couple of drops of fish sauce. (It's powerful stuff)
A few drops of lime juice. (What the heck)
1 chicken bouillon cube + 1 cup water
Approx. 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
Throw it in the Crock Pot and we'll see what happens.
Maybe I'll end up eating a Tuna sammy?
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/29 20:44:37
So how did your experiment turn out?  Are you alive to tell about i?

I also experimented.

My intent tonight was to make lobster bisque using a lobster bisque soup base. Turns out I only have fish base and didn't want to use that.

So, I whirled up some of the roasted red peppers that we made earlier today and made a Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato Cream Soup.

I thought it was pretty good, but I think it needed something. Probably salt.

Probably lobster base or some other soup base.

In the pot I reduced some pinot, added some water, tomato paste, onion and garlic powder, white pepper and a little flour and whisked it real good.

Then I whirled around the red peppers I had roasted into a paste and added that.  Slowly I whisked in some half and half.  The peppers had a bit of olive oil on them with some oregano, basil and crushed red pepper, but not enough to make a difference.

Tasted and added a little salt.

Guess I need to make a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches.
Zagut
Junior Burger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/31 21:17:04
Well Mar, It didn't kill me. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I think I used too much wine. And I need to get the hang of this crock pot cooking. I always seem to end up with too much liquid.
Grilled cheese is always good.
SeamusD
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/31 22:50:36
I didn't cook tonight, went out for a haircut and afterward stopped at one of my favorite Mexican places (Alto Cinco) for a couple chicken soft tacos, a side of black beans, and a cold pint of Dos Equis. That did the trick.
post edited by SeamusD - 2012/01/31 22:52:17
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/31 23:54:35
Zagut

Well Mar, It didn't kill me. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I think I used too much wine. And I need to get the hang of this crock pot cooking. I always seem to end up with too much liquid.
Grilled cheese is always good.

The trick is to pretty much never add additional water. Anything cooked in a crock pot will produce more liquid than you would think possible. Or, alternatively, you could just always serve everything with mashed potatoes and make gravy.

Dinner for me was what I originally brought to the theatre for lunch. Turkey and cheddar sandwich (mayo, mustard and lettuce), raspberry yogurt, and a salad with peppercorn ranch.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/01/31 23:59:07
Chocolate pudding and a Clementine.  I'm out of control.

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/01 19:06:42
My mother actually cooked. I believe this makes the third time in the last five years. Some recipe she found online that combines awful party dips into dinner...Velveeta mixed with Ro-tel and ground beef, served over whole wheat elbow macaroni.

Meh...decent comfort-type food, but nothing to write home about. However...I did NOT have to cook, so it was fabulous!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/01 19:30:22
Chicken Parmesan sans the Parmesan

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/01 19:37:17
Ah, so you made chicken parmigiana.
leethebard
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/01 20:27:17
Nice homemade Fayitas
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/01 23:09:38
Last night I made a huge pan of Lasagna - I was just in the mood for it and had all the ingredients to make it - it was so good - I had it for lunch at work today, too.  I was thinking about taking more for lunch tomorrow but I've had my fix.  The rest has been portioned out and frozen.

I don't know how to make small amounts of chili, soups and stews, lasagna or spaghetti - or southern cornbread dressing - I always have a lot left over.

Tonight we had grilled turkey wings and O'Brien Potatoes and a salad.  

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 04:56:29
I made a green chile cheeseburger for dinner last night -- minus the green chiles.
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 15:58:23
Michael Hoffman

I made a green chile cheeseburger for dinner last night -- minus the green chiles.

Don't be fooled.  He made a cheeseburger that I heard was "pretty good" then he changed his toon to "just OK".  Nothing compared to a green chile cheeseburger minus the chiles from Bobcat Bite.  Come on, Mr. Hoffman!

kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 16:35:04
Not for tonight but Sunday my sister came over and the 3 of us made tamales. She really hasn't ever had any before and we made them once 2 years ago and liked the results. We had maybe 20 different ingredients, different kinds of peppers and cheeses, olives, pork and such. We had a fun time making them but then had to wait over an hour while they steam cooked. We each grabbed 2 to start and wound up all looking at each other and going "yuck". Lesson learned.... don't save your remainder corn husks from 2 years  ago in your panty. The had the most horrible taste that transferred on to the masa. My sister actually said she was willing to try making them again!  Good thing I fed her a big bowl of my homemade French Onion Soup first or we all would have been going out to eat.
post edited by kland01s - 2012/02/03 09:11:49
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 16:38:45
You werent there Lisa so it was "just ok"
CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 16:41:21
Tonight is canned soup - EVERYONE but me is SICK!!!
lleechef
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 16:48:21
CajunKing

You werent there Lisa so it was "just ok"

Thank you for the compliment. 
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 17:04:25
mar52

Chicken Parmesan sans the Parmesan

Looks good Mar...........
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 17:10:26
lleechef

Michael Hoffman

Don't be fooled.  He made a cheeseburger that I heard was "pretty good" then he changed his toon to "just OK".  Nothing compared to a green chile cheeseburger minus the chiles from Bobcat Bite.  Come on, Mr. Hoffman!

Sheesh!

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 18:51:30
I made a spinach frittata, served with frozen cauliflower in cheese sauce.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/spinach-frittata
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 21:32:46
Beef Kabobs on the grill - maybe 5 more minutes - marinated sirloin, red onion, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes.  Twice Baked Potato and a salad.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 22:34:53
Dinner tonight was a slice of sopressata, a slice of Genoa and a slice of mortadella all wrapped in a slice of sharp provolone.

Oh, and a glass of wine.
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/02 23:02:21
Michael Hoffman

Dinner tonight was a slice of sopressata, a slice of Genoa and a slice of mortadella all wrapped in a slice of sharp provolone.

Oh, and a glass of wine.

Sounds like a perfect dinner to me.
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/03 14:57:12
Red Beans and Rice night.
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/07 02:39:14
Grill challenge tonight...

We have a storm front coming in, and the winds were from the east with gusts up to 49 mph (according to my digital weather station) ...39% humidity, wind chill 45*...

I cooked 2 regular sized burgers...and the wind blew the flames of the grill out at one point...able to relight and continue...mission accomplished...yum...
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/07 23:21:06
Tonight I made the most ridiculously decadent, stupidly rich, amazingly tasty macaroni and cheese ever. Seriously. Expensive as hell, but ohmygod good. The pictures did NOT do it justice.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/beer-baked-mac-n-cheese

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/07 23:30:26
Decadent is right.  Thanks!

I just copied everything except for the calorie content.

I had a tuna sandwich and a Clementine.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/08 18:03:05
I Roasted off a 1/2 Chicken on Monday and cut up the other half for todays Shoyu Chicken............Here it goes
Chicken pieces cooking in the Shoyu liquid...

Shoyu Chicken, garnished with green onion........GGEEEZZZ this was good.......Served with a side of white rice

We went out to an Orchard, they had a 25lb box of apples for sale. I asked my wife for an Apple pie

with ice cream

I better go, I'm starting to sound like Johnboy on the Walton's

Greymo
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/08 18:31:34
The chicken looks wonderful  but   when I looked at the picture of the whole  apple pie, I was confused.  It looks so red;  what kind of apples are they?
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/08 20:45:48
Tonight was sweet basil pork tenderloins and asparagus pasta, and good lord was it good! Recipes might not be available yet as they were just posted, but there weren't any mistakes this time so they should be shortly.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/sweet-basil-pork-tenderloin
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/asparagus-pasta
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/08 21:04:21
Burgers on the grill...but with green taco sauce instead of bbq sauce, topped with a 3 cheese Mexican cheese mix...
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/08 21:21:57
Everyone's dinners look and sound so good!

I made soft tacos with ground beef.
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/08 21:56:50
The grill is resting again tonight -

Shrimp Boil - started off with a bag of Louisiana Crawfish Boil seasoning, onions, celery, lemons, sliced jalapenos and pepper.  Fresh artichokes for 15 minutes - then added red white & blue baby potatoes and corn on the cob.  About to add the Gulf shrimp for maybe 3 minutes. Dipping sauces of butter and cocktail sauce for the shrimp and vinaigrette for the artichokes.

And a glass of white wine. 
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/09 19:07:01
Tonight I did peanut-crusted tilapia with steamed broccoli and Harvard beets. This is what happens when I don't remember to make the grocery list.

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/peanut-crusted-oven-baked-fish-filets
I skipped the panko and used all peanuts, and used a teaspoon of Italian seasoning rather than salt and pepper.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/09 22:16:54
Chicken Fried Steak at Dinah's in Culver City.

I've had better.
chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/09 23:56:51
Filet, baked hubbard squash w/ butter, steamed broccoli w/ mornay, apple pie made with splenda and a scoop of Blue Bunny no sugar added vanilla.
I'm Full
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/10 18:59:37
Crab au Gratin, Dressed Peas, and Red Potatoes with Garlic and Basil (which normally have parsley, but I did basil to go with the peas)

http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/crabby-augratin
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/dressed-peas
http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/baby-red-potatoes-garlic-and-parsley
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/13 16:01:28
Doing an oldie. Chicken Cacciatore, Have not had that  in years.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/13 21:32:08
I have to buy some more chicken breasts.

Tonight's dinner was Capellini with Clams.  Don't know why you can't see the parsley and red pepper flakes.

BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/13 23:45:48
Polish dog on a seeded wheat bun...after I cleared the snow off my grill...

chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/14 00:19:57

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/14 00:43:24
Animal Style?
mbrookes
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/14 11:09:17
For his Valentine's present my husband asked for fried pork cutlets, baked sweet potato and mustard/turnip greens. So that's what he's getting along with cornbread and an as yet undetermined dessert. 
baileysoriginal
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/14 21:55:38
Two 2 inch bone in pork chops are on the grill - red white and blue crash potatoes are in the oven - a salad of romaine, spinach, arugula, red onion, black olives and marinated artichokes is ready for the vinaigrette.  A bottle of Sauvignon Blanc is ready....
chefbuba
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/14 23:41:20
mar52

Animal Style?

It's one of mine....

Bacon, cheddar cheese, onion rings, raw onion, lettuce, pickels, secret sauce, hickory bbq sauce.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 00:10:26
I finally cleared all the leftovers out of the refrigerator so I can start cooking again. Tonight was an interesting mix of crab au gratin, peanut-crusted fish, broccoli, and dressed peas. But hey...nothing is getting thrown out this week, so I'm calling it a win!

That Capellini with Clams looks fabulous, mar!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 00:24:12
Thanks, Felix.

Tonight's dinner was a chicken salad sandwich made with the Costco rotisserie chicken... salad.  It's very good.

I bought several of their prepared meals.  Hopefully we get a couple of meals from each of them.  I also hope that they are good.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 08:02:37
Last night was fish and chips at the Old Bag of Nails. And the Smithwicks was just $3.50 a pint.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 15:45:01
Michael Hoffman

And the Smithwicks was just $3.50 a pint.

Jealous does not even begin to describe it. If I'm lucky enough to find Smithwick's on tap, it's never less than $4.50. Usually I'm paying $4.75 for a bottle.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 15:52:21
felix4067

Michael Hoffman

Jealous does not even begin to describe it. If I'm lucky enough to find Smithwick's on tap, it's never less than $4.50. Usually I'm paying $4.75 for a bottle.

I pay $3.50 a bottle at a place called Brady's Run Grille and Pub in Fallston, Pennsylvania. As it happens, it was Happy Hour when we were at the Old Bag of Nails last evening, so the draft Smithwicks was two bucks off the regular price of $5.50.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 18:57:11
Michael Hoffman

felix4067

Michael Hoffman

I pay $3.50 a bottle at a place called Brady's Run Grille and Pub in Fallston, Pennsylvania. As it happens, it was Happy Hour when we were at the Old Bag of Nails last evening, so the draft Smithwicks was two bucks off the regular price of $5.50.

Still jealous.

Tonight I made an artichoke-tomato frittata and lime-infused asparagus spears. Entirely too tasty, especially after I used the last of my Italian-Romano seasoning blend from the farmer's market in place of the thyme and parsley, then sprinkled the top with some shredded mozzarella.

http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Artichoke-Frittata/r5390.html
http://www.dlife.com/diabetes/diabetic-recipes/Lime-Infused-Asparagus-Spears/r10320.html
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/15 19:33:09
That looks fabulous!
We went to the movies with my neighbor... or tried to.  The power was out in the entire shopping center.  So, we went out to eat instead.

Half a chopped salad and half a plate of spaghetti and meatballs.

No dinner for me.
pnwchef
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 17:59:10
Eggplant Parmesan..........love this stuff........

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? 2012/02/16 20:35:08
Yum!  Had a Jody Maroni sweet Italian sausage, pepper and onion sandwich for lunch late in the day so it's Cutie Mandarins for dinner.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 75