Hot!What's For LUNCH...???

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 16
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/19 19:00:32
CC YOU SUCK!! 
(as I sit here starving)

I had gummy worms and stale triscuits (yuck)
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/19 19:05:12
It's ok for gummy worms to have a little edge to them now & again...but I'm very sorry about the Triscuits.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/19 20:04:15
I had a whole fish in Black Bean sauce with white rice.  I have no idea what kind of fish but it was delicious.

I won't be having dinner.
love2bake
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/19 21:22:07
Mmmmm... that looks incredible.

I had ballpark food and beer for lunch today, but now will have to get an Italian sausage at my next game.  Bummer.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/19 23:17:41
Free poor Crazy Crab during the 7th-inning stretch...

love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/21 19:01:26
Went with some friends to one of my favorite local old school places, Harry's Hofbrau, and got an open face pork sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, and a slice of pecan pie.  It's quite possibly the best pecan pie I've ever had.  Harry's also has an impressive beer selection.

http://www.harryshofbrau.com/

CC - I hear The Crazy Crab is still in storage somewhere at the park.  But then again, he could be at a sports bar.  It's a mystery...
post edited by love2bake - 2013/06/21 19:04:46
pnwchef
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/21 19:54:14
. Fresh wild blackened Salmon
post edited by pnwchef - 2013/06/21 19:56:06
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/21 19:56:31
pnw - I'd trade my lunch for that, any day!!  Mmmmmm....
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/23 04:40:49
That pie looks yummy. It must be excellent if you say it's possibly the best....in that genre.

We're formulating a plan to find Crazy...

Synchronize your watch.
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/23 21:13:29
Having attended a week of baseball games, my day game lunches have been fattening, overpriced food; but for me, it's part of the whole ballpark experience.  I took only a few pics.
Italian sausage.  These peppers and onions should be sauteed, but apparently they didn't have time.  Still tasty, though:

"All star nachos" are a ridiculous amount of food--you decide what you want on top.  Mine included carnitas, peppers, guacamole, salsa, cheese and cheese sauce, but you could get lots more:

An off-menu caramel sundae at the Ghirardelli stand:

One especially fun thing I did this week was attend a Season Ticket Member Appreciation event as a guest of someone I buy tickets from.  There were several players there for a question and answer session, plus complimentary hot dogs, ice cream, and beverages, including beer and wine.

From left to right:  Duane Kuiper (former Giants 2B and current broadcast announcer), Giants Manager Bruce Bochy, outfielder Gregor Blanco, pitcher Matt Cain, catcher Buster Posey, outfielder Hunter Pence, and Mike Krukow (former Giants pitcher and current broadcast announcer).  "Kruk" and "Kuip" and Bochy all had playing careers prior to the Giants and may be familiar to fans of those teams.

It was fun to be there and be able to wander around the field, stand on the on-deck circles, etc.  Only the diamond and dugout were protected.

Gross-out alert!  True to an article CC recently sent to me about the increasing numbers of seagulls at AT&T Park and other waterfront ballparks, I had a close encounter with a gull.  Thankfully it was on my Chico bag which had my bobblehead in it--things could have been much worse!  And very shortly after the above photo was taken, Mike Krukow took off his jacket for the same reason.

Anyway, I seriously digressed from what's for lunch.  Sorry!!

post edited by love2bake - 2013/06/23 21:16:05
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/23 21:44:23
I'll just stay right there for a second to say...I would get CHICO & THE MAN on a bunch of seagulls that got anywhere near the Coach...

That sundae looks sweet enough for the menu!

Very nice week of Baseball!

That's a whole lotta nachos...right there!
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/06/23 22:03:45
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/06/23 22:11:45
See...I knew that seagull was gonna be trouble..before it even happened....
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/01 02:44:09
C'mon Lunch!

The Village Grill in Tehachapi is a Roadfood kinda place...

I decided to go with the fish & chips...after hearing so many good things about VG. If ever there was a menu item that would be a good test for the high desert it would be fish & chips. It exceeded all expectations with flying colors. I am beyond particular about coleslaw and it was also excellent. The tartar sauce from scratch as well...

But the fish. Marone! They could teach a thing or two to some places right up against the ocean...

Outstanding and as cheap as chips! I'll never questions parents again! For now. They really like the questions....and their baby.

Good ol' throwbacks like "Salibury" steak but don't buy the vowel e for potato....

And other classics I often find in a Diner @ home...

The Swiss steak not the ribs...

post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/01 04:35:19
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/01 08:42:39
That fish looks fabulous!  Looks like Dan Quayle wrote their menu, though...
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/01 12:40:22
It was so fabulous. Next time I'll take a picture of it cracked open. Gorgeous cod!

CFS is also on the menu. I look forward to trying that as well. No biscuits but the Carl's Jr. in Mojave carries the biscuits. I'll order one plain and put them together.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/01 19:15:46
We went to a place we love in South Lake Tahoe called the Fresh Ketch. During tourist season, it's a little pretentious and fairly expensive, but when the outsiders go home it's very much a local place. Instead of getting actual meals, we got a bunch of appetizers and a bottle of Kim Crawford chardonnay.

Lobster bisque:

Calamari platter:

Coconut shrimp:

Littleneck clams in garlic wine sauce:

http://thefreshketch.com/dining/
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/01 20:11:26
My mother wants me to stop telling people that she never made fried chicken for me. So here...

Uh huh...

My mother never made fried chicken for me.

I made her Lobsta bisque...

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/03 01:01:45
Southwest Chicken Salad...

In the Play Place...

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/03 01:36:54
I want to eat with Felix!  I like what you order!  However, we'd have to have two of each.  Maybe 3 bowls of clams.
And one for you.

I'll start saving.
agnesrob
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 14:43:04
felix, that meal looks excellent! My daughter and I hit Mitsuwa Marketplace to pick up some sushi and sashimi for dinner. We both had ramen soup for lunch. I always get this soup when we go there. I want to try some other things but it's so good especially with the side of pork cheeks!

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 15:24:17
One can of King Oscar brisling sardines in olive oil, one can of King Oscar kipper snacks, some sliced onion, lots of pepper and a few Saltines. Now I'm going out for a couple of beers.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 18:12:49
Mar and Agnes, both of you would be more than welcome to join me for lunch! And Mar, you can have all the clams you want...I like them, but my weakness is calamari.

Today we went to Sato (http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/266/1192147/restaurant/Reno/Sato-Japanese-Restaurant-South-Lake-Tahoe). One of my pictures disappeared into the ether, so I'm missing three of the rolls we shared. I'm guessing it has to do with the battery in my phone dying while we were there. I can't remember offhand what all we ate, especially with pictures of only part of it, but it was amazing. A little pricey, but not too bad. And right down the street from the house as well as being the only sushi place in town open for lunch. My friend's husband swears it's the best in town since our other favourite closed.

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 19:58:10
Felix, please tell me what that last picture is. It looks wonderful.

The clams are mine!
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 20:42:25
Ooooh--I spy unagi!!  That's my favorite sushi item, especially with pickled ginger.

My lunch today was a "naked" lobster roll dressed only with melted butter:

My friend got a salad.  It looked so luscious.

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 20:53:57
Naked? That looks like a regular lobster roll from a place where they forgot to warm the lobster in melted butter before putting it into the roll.
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 21:09:30
They call it naked as opposed to one dressed with mayo.  The naked one has melted butter on the side, which I poured over it after I took the photo. 
pnwchef
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 21:27:56
L2B, thats close enough to a Connecticut style lobster roll for me, MH is being to picky.......I'm not asking how it was, you have good taste.............The day at the ball park looked like fun..............another thought on some of your posts you talk about Sausage and peppers, imho, there aren't enough places that serve a good sausage with sauteed peppers and onions...........it's one of my all time favorites...............take care......................pnwc
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 21:45:07
Dressed with mayo? We call that a lobster salad sandwich. Folks in Massachusetts eat those things. Even in Maine they now serve Connecticut lobster rolls. As for Bill. he's been away from home too long.
pnwchef
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 22:06:33
Michael Hoffman

Dressed with mayo? We call that a lobster salad sandwich. Folks in Massachusetts eat those things. Even in Maine they now serve Connecticut lobster rolls. As for Bill. he's been away from home too long.

Michael, the one L2B shows is chunks of lobster served with drawn butter on the sand. I agree, the ones with mayo are a New England Lobster roll........L2B, is no slouch when it comes to good food, she is a former East Coast gal, with heart.
post edited by pnwchef - 2013/07/06 08:14:40
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/05 23:21:51
Mar, from left to right they are a Heavenly roll, a Ninja roll, and a Mount Tallac roll. Which probably helps you not in the least, since they're local specials...let me see if I can find a description of them.

Heavenly is crab, cucumber and avocado inside, wrapped in tuna, salmon,  shrimp and avocado, topped with spicy crab. Unfortunately, they only have one page of the menu we ordered from online (they have two menus for some reason), and we had so very many I honestly can't remember. I know the Mount Tallac roll and the Ninja roll were topped with deep-fried scallops, and both had spicy crab.

Now I want a lobster roll.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 00:02:24
I'm losing it.  I didn't even recognize them as rolls.

I'll take one of each with a fork.
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 00:41:15
Thank you for your kind words, pnw!  So, this was my first time here, primarily because it is so pricey.  Here's their menu, for anyone interested:
http://oldportlobstershack.com/menu/

I'm no aficionado when it comes to Italian sausage, and you probably make your own!  But once I smell that fennel and pork cooking, there's only so long before I have to get one.

I have a few more baseball games coming up but not sure I'll even have an appetite, the way the Giants have been playing...
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 01:18:07
Brisket sandwich & red slaw from Red House BBQ...

I ate it with a fork....like the city girl I am.

Pile of wood for somethin'. Who knows what...

Death Valley Black Cherry soda...

Boysenberry sundae from Frosty King...

A pretzel from Wetzel's in Palmdale to end the day...

post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/06 03:58:14
agnesrob
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 07:59:05
CC that all looks so good!! I guess I should have eaten breakfast before reading this!!
ann peeples
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 08:09:37
Nice choices and pics, CC!
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 09:00:00
Looks like delicious cue and a fun menu.  Even slaw w/out mayo--YES!  And Indian fry bread!!! 

How does Wetzel's compare to Auntie Anne's?
pnwchef
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 11:44:18
love2bake

Thank you for your kind words, pnw!  So, this was my first time here, primarily because it is so pricey.  Here's their menu, for anyone interested:
http://oldportlobstershack.com/menu/

I'm no aficionado when it comes to Italian sausage, and you probably make your own!  But once I smell that fennel and pork cooking, there's only so long before I have to get one.

I have a few more baseball games coming up but not sure I'll even have an appetite, the way the Giants have been playing...

Aficionado, wow, I'm going to use that word 3 times today...........I can't talk baseball, the Mariners are my team, I haven't really been able to talk about baseball for years, maybe someday........
   Anyway, if you drink a beer with a Italian sausage and pepper sandwich, that makes you an Aficionado....I saw a Combo Italian beef and charred sausage on Portillo's menu when I was in Chicago, I should have, next time I will...................to me that may be putting heaven and earth together.................Hey, maybe someday we could set up a meet and greet in San Francisco, maybe set up a one day cooking class at CIA or at a winery, like Cakebread. I would love stopping at Mustards, and if the time is right they have a great farmers mkt. It could be a great time....................take care........................pnwc
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 12:57:01
Thank you ladies!

Wetzel's pretzels. Going in...I was thinking about Auntie Anne's. They're not as good as Auntie Anne's pretzels (in my book) but I enjoyed it. The pretzel was a little more bready...which may be a good thing because I miss eating bread when I'm away from home...and it was a welcome experience.

My niece found an Auntie Anne's Groupon deal for Las Vegas....4 pretzels for $6!

So...I will have my Auntie Anne's fix in a few days.
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 13:36:04
pnw - As luck would have it, I have a beer chilling in the fridge and have some Schwarz Italian sausages that I'm going to cook later, although w/out peppers.  If you come to SF, send me a PM regarding your schedule and we'll see if we can meet up.

http://www.engelhartgourmet.com/02_02schwarz.htm

cc - Have fun in Vegas!  Hope it cools down there some, but it is the desert in July... crispy critters
post edited by love2bake - 2013/07/06 13:42:08
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/06 13:40:53
The forecast says around 108 degrees...

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/07 02:07:50
We really did mean to actually eat lunch, and we did feed the kids. But after going grocery shopping on a Saturday afternoon in a tourist town at peak summer season, we decided to just do this. You'll have that.

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/08 02:55:48
A trip to JIB means all my points were "spent" by 2pm...

JIB tacos (the White Castles of the west coast) x 2...

Sinful little mini churros. Come on outta that bag....

That's me done.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/08 03:06:28
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/08 13:26:00
I noticed the Jack in the Boxes here are now offering 3 tacos for $1.

I think I know what dinner will be.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/08 17:33:32
We noticed there's a Jack in the Box in Tahoe now...but we were on a mission to have Red Hut one more time before I leave. There are several locations now, but the original is still and always will be the best. http://www.redhutcafe.com/

I had "The Usual"...two biscuits with sausage gravy (not bad, especially considering I am nowhere near the South), two eggs (I like mine scrambled), and hash browns. I also added a side of raisin toast. I'm putting this under lunch instead of breakfast because we didn't get there until almost noon and although it was the adult's first meal of the day, the kids ate breakfast.

CajunKing
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/11 15:13:51
Today I had the pleasure of breaking bread with Screaming Chicken as he past through the area.  We both had:

The chicken was perfectly peppered and just a titch salty, fried crispy to perfection, but still VERY juicy and tender.

post edited by CajunKing - 2013/07/11 15:15:03
agnesrob
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/11 20:50:47
Looks so good!! I'm poor this paycheck, homemade fried chicken sounds like a plan for the weekend.!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/18 13:26:29
It's not what I just had for lunch. But I just opened my front door and there was a four-point buck whitetail enjoying his repast from our bird feeder. He looked at me for a few moments, then went back to his meal. He must really have enjoyed his lunch, because he kept on eating while I called lleechef to come and have a look. It's quite common to have deer in the yard -- they come in out of my woods -- and there's a really nice six-pointer I intend to turn into steaks, chops and roasts come fall. I'll let lleechef have the four-pointer.

Come to think of it, it might be safer for me to let her have the six-pointer.
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2013/07/18 13:27:31
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/18 15:31:28
Watermelon salad dressed with chimichurri sauce...

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/19 16:11:23
Helpin' the BBQ move along on the Big Daddy...

Gotta make room for the hot dogs...one of these days.
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/19 16:29:42
That watermelon looks so refreshing.  Wish I had it with my grilled cheese and pickle sandwich.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/20 22:19:21
The watermelon was refreshing. Deep in flavor...very light in texture.

There's a secret to that...

Bacon-wrapped mascarpone & almond stuffed dates...

Oh Baby!

Often done with blue cheese but blue cheese is on my do not call list.

I'd have it this way...regardless of that.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/20 22:26:17
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/20 22:34:02
I'd eat those.  All of them.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 01:17:53
I'd join you with the ones that don't want...well...me to be dead.

Today is National Fortune Cookie Day...

I remember Fortune Cookies...

No warnings about the state of Chinese food in the desert.

My charming new friendship...

<<<Shudder>>> Go away little green thing.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/21 01:39:19
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 02:29:14
Ha!  I think you've had enough of that charming new friendship...

And enough of fortune cookie day.  July 21 is National Junk Food Day. 
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 13:01:51
He's gonna meet my old friends...a set of 2 lb. Bocce balls.

National Junk Food Day means maybe these bleepin' oatmeal cookies will bake right today . I've only been trying...since National Caviar Day.

It'll be today. I feel it!
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/21 13:13:22
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 20:46:03
How'd the cookies turn out, CC?

I had nachos and hard cider for lunch.  And a caramel sundae.  No dinner for me...
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 21:45:58
After a curry oatmeal cookie debacle (you missed that one) my mother got all tough love on me and made me do it by hand. "You got dreams...you want fame? Well fame costs. This is where you pay for it...by hand"

Well fine. I'll show her...
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/21 22:02:07
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 21:52:30
I'll show you now (mobile Roadfood is a little wonky this week)...

SOBs better be doin' the right thing in there...

Thank you Jesus!

Perfectly tan little cookie behind...

post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/21 21:55:22
love2bake
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 21:55:09
They look awesome!  Did you like them?

What kind of pan is that??
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's For LUNCH...??? 2013/07/21 21:57:05
Thank you!

They were great! Tasted just like the cookies at Bouchon Bakery.

I'm sure it'll be much easier with a mixer...but now that I paid my dues...I'll use it next time.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/07/21 22:11:01
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 16