The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA)

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 146
carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Tue, 04/20/10 4:14 PM (permalink)
pogophiles

Here's one of my favorite signs...

This sign is appropriate. Under the right conditions, shoes and cheese can smell very much alike.

Train

• Total Posts: 23
    Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Fri, 04/23/10 3:12 PM (permalink)

Western Kentucky

Calumet Region

Grand Haven, Michigan
    <message edited by Train on Fri, 04/23/10 3:22 PM>

carolina bob

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Fri, 04/23/10 3:43 PM (permalink)
      Back in December, the owners of my apartment complex threw a big Christmas party for all the tenants, and it was catered by the Warsaw Inn, which is in Lynwood IL ( south suburban Chicagoland. ) I thought that the food was quite good, and I heard nothing but positive comments about it from my fellow tenants.

Louis

• Total Posts: 713
        Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Fri, 04/23/10 6:44 PM (permalink)
        That sign for Shoes and Cheese really make you wonder what the cheese tastes like.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Fri, 04/23/10 7:00 PM (permalink)

The combination signs are endless... Here is a BBQ/Recycling place near Corbin KY.  The second photo was a smaller sign on the  side of the BBQ building. (not the BBQ Menu!!)

<message edited by mayor al on Fri, 04/23/10 7:01 PM>

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
            Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Sun, 04/25/10 3:55 PM (permalink)
            That's what I was kinda thinking too Louis.  :)

buffetbuster

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 04/26/10 10:36 AM (permalink)
              A sign practically guaranteed to grab the Sterns attention.
              <message edited by buffetbuster on Mon, 04/26/10 10:39 AM>

kaszeta

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Tue, 04/27/10 8:48 AM (permalink)
                We'll see if I can post inline images as a new forum member:

carolina bob

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Tue, 04/27/10 9:21 AM (permalink)
                  Sorry, but there's no image. Too soon, I guess... but welcome to Roadfood.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4462
                    Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Tue, 04/27/10 9:36 AM (permalink)
                    The Brickyard in Daytona.

Mediator

• Total Posts: 11
                      Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Tue, 04/27/10 12:31 PM (permalink)
                      Whoever thought of putting "Birp Recycling" next to barbecue deserves a Pulitzer in gastronomy.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Tue, 04/27/10 2:57 PM (permalink)
                        I think the sign-painter was the winner of the local school district  "Spelling Bee"!!

zydecocruiser

• Total Posts: 48
                          Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 1:54 AM (permalink)

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
                            Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 2:40 AM (permalink)

This sign is in front of the Magnolia Cafe in Austin. They have two places and are both equally sorry...

This is a sign that fits as it is a shack that serves a killer burger.

mark

buffetbuster

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 1:37 PM (permalink)
                              I liked this sign in Spartanburg, SC because it reminded me of the old Holiday Inn signs.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 2:02 PM (permalink)
                                buffetbuster

I liked this sign in Spartanburg, SC because it reminded me of the old Holiday Inn signs.

It was nice of them to acknowledge your birthday like that.

Brad

katherinecurry

• Total Posts: 39
                                  Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 2:09 PM (permalink)
                                  I loved the old Holiday Inn sign shape, and always wondered what that shape was meant to suggest --any idea?
                                  Here's a sign I found in Rockland County recently, while looking for old ice cream spots (first time posting image, let's see if this works)...

Attached Image(s)

buffetbuster

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 2:11 PM (permalink)
                                    Brad-
                                    As a matter of fact, there are some people who do call me JC.  But none of them are in Spartanburg.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                                      Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Wed, 04/28/10 3:40 PM (permalink)
                                      katherinecurry

I loved the old Holiday Inn sign shape, and always wondered what that shape was meant to suggest --any idea?

I really don't think that the "rounded corner trapezoid" part of the sign had any particular meaning other than to make a neatly designed area to hold the word "Holiday" (with 7 letters) above the word "Inn" (with 3 letters enclosed by two stars).  The important part of the sign were the "chasing" lights (and all the original signs had the "chasing" lights) on the yellow upside-down-J shaped strip ending in the arrow, which subconsciously urged you to "come on and turn in to our motel".

zydecocruiser

• Total Posts: 48
                                        Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Sun, 05/2/10 10:43 AM (permalink)

Nobody, but nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog...

MiamiDon

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Sun, 05/2/10 1:09 PM (permalink)
                                          joerogo

The Brickyard in Daytona.

Hey Joe, are you sure that's the Brickyard?  I remember a sign like that at the Boot Hill Saloon.

Train

• Total Posts: 23
                                            Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Sun, 05/2/10 5:55 PM (permalink)
                                            The nicest neon in Indianapolis . . .

Plus, it's actually a good place, as nice inside as out, with a good burger and better than good tenderloin.

Tony Bad

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/3/10 11:13 AM (permalink)
                                              Perhaps not a true roadfood sign, but this statue atop the "Paul's Daughter" burger, hot dog, jamaican meat pie, fried clam, italian sausage, "shishka bob", etc. etc, etc, stand on the boardwalk in Coney Island was both startling and a bit creepy...

...this one, on the other hand, is a classic...

<message edited by Tony Bad on Mon, 05/3/10 11:16 AM>

buffetbuster

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/3/10 11:26 AM (permalink)
                                                Tony-
                                                Creepy doesn't do that photo justice.  How about horrifyingly lifelike?

Tony Bad

Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/3/10 11:30 AM (permalink)
                                                  buffetbuster

Tony-
                                                  Creepy doesn't do that photo justice.  How about horrifyingly lifelike?

Yes...that works for me.

I asked about the model and they said they didn't have a name, and knew only that they had paid him for use of his likeness in food.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4462
                                                    Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/3/10 11:31 AM (permalink)
                                                    Paul's Daughter does look familiar.

Miami, That sign was on the Brickyard.  My daughters were worried when they saw it.  

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                                                      Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/3/10 11:47 AM (permalink)
                                                      But were they closed when he originally got there?

labart

• Total Posts: 6
                                                        Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/3/10 6:51 PM (permalink)
                                                        Michael -

Through the wonders of computers, I'm not able to attach the following image to this thread, but it has to be included.  Would you please post it for me?  Unfortunately, the place has since closed.  Would this be considered sushi?

Thanks,

Larry Bartelt
                                                                 Chicago
                                                        Attached Image(s)

carolina bob

• Location: Chicagoland
                                                          Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/24/10 8:01 PM (permalink)
                                                          Here's one that always puts a big smile on my face...

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
                                                            • Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                            Re:What's Your Favorite Roadfood Sign? (all across the USA) Mon, 05/24/10 8:08 PM (permalink)
                                                            I don't know if it's still there, and I saw it way before digital cameras.

Close to Downtown Los Angeles was a little restaurant with a sign:

Casa de Teryaki

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 91 to 120 of 146

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com