Hot!What's for BREAKFAST...???

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 13
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 13:18:21
Well, that makes what I had for breakfast very insignificant. I hope you're well.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 13:37:04
kland01s...  Hope you're feeling better.

love2bake....  scrambled eggs should always be dry or not eaten.

Agnes...  I love those Swedish pancakes!
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 13:47:51
mar52

And eggs should NEVER be eaten when they are soft boiled or with all that goo oozing from them and NEVER with Ketchup poured over the top!
Its strange how peoples tastes are so vastly different from one anothers..........  I personally cannot see how one can put liverwurst, lox, gefelta fish, pickled herring, onion and sardine sandwiches into their bodies............   Do you have any idea how nasty that stuff smells on ones breath not to mention it reeks from your body for hours!  Just my .02 
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 14:15:11
iluvcfood

mar52

And eggs should NEVER be eaten when they are soft boiled or with all that goo oozing from them and NEVER with Ketchup poured over the top!
Its strange how peoples tastes are so vastly different from one anothers..........  I personally cannot see how one can put liverwurst, lox, gefelta fish, pickled herring, onion and sardine sandwiches into their bodies............   Do you have any idea how nasty that stuff smells on ones breath not to mention it reeks from your body for hours!  Just my .02 

I must admit I've never had a liverwurst, lox, gefilte fish, pickled herring, onion and sardine sandwich, but it does sound pretty tasy, and I'll have to try one -- but I'll need to add some nice red horseradish for the gefilte fish. As to soft boiled eggs, well, I must disagree. And that goes for catsup on eggs when the eggs -- poached, of course -- are nestled atop some beautiful corned beef hash.
pnwchef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 14:23:28
iluvcfood

mar52

Is this the list of rules in North Korea ????????? Last time I checked we live in America..............pnwc
ces1948
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 14:24:11
A bowl of oatmeal doused with maple syrup, well toasted cinnamon raisin English muffin spread with cream cheese. Glass of OJ.

love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 15:18:05
ER!  Yikes.  I hope you're better now. 
kland01s
Filet Mignon
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 16:47:45
Where I go, the hospital food isn't bad! Good plump sausages! Everything was good. Came home and made a simple breakfast (toast) and was sick all day. Oh well.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 18:04:47
I personally cannot see how one can put liverwurst, lox, gefelta fish, pickled herring, onion and sardine sandwiches into their bodies............

That's just Greg picking on everything he knows I eat... with gusto!

Then again,..,  He eats Spam.
agnesrob
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 20:27:02
I love this thread!!
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/22 23:11:20
mar52

I personally cannot see how one can put liverwurst, lox, gefelta fish, pickled herring, onion and sardine sandwiches into their bodies............

That's just Greg picking on everything he knows I eat... with gusto!

Then again,..,  He eats Spam.

Spam for your info happens to be one of the most popular foods there is in Hawaii!  It has been around since 1937 

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 01:18:13
But first you must look in to the "why".
CCJPO
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 02:43:16
The "why" of Spam is primarily due to the fact that there was very little fresh meat to serve to the troops during World War II, therefore it was necesary to either provide canned meat or let the troops depend on their hunting skills to provide meat for themselves. My father used to talk about eating local game, horse, skinny ass cattle, whatever could be had while he was in France and Germany during the war. Spam was the alternative. It then became very popular in the Islands for the same reason, little or no fresh meat available. Spam or SOS was a staple for sunday morning breakfast at our home. I still eat both today, although my preferred is SOS. My beautiful bride and our two sons refuse/refused to eat eiter, however the grandchildren love both of them. I guess there is no accounting for taste!!!!! 
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 10:27:54
mar52

But first you must look in to the "why".

OK.........  I;m still sticking to my guns here............
Here is a good example of three things dont belong together on a sandwich or in this case a Bagel............  (you notice I said "together)
Raw Salmon, Cream Cheese and a Red Onion.........  as someone else said........... to each their own but IMHO.......  that is just plain gross! 

Now HERE is a good sandwich...............   Fried Spam, topped with a well done egg, tomato, mayo and some nicely melted preferably med. to sharp cheddar. 

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 13:08:06
First off..   Lox is not raw.  That is the sandwich of Gods.

Your sandwich will kill you eventually.
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 14:09:29
mar52

Lightly smoked is still considered as RAW!  
Yes........  Spam will kill me eventually but if you over eat ANYTHING in excess .......it will kill you............  P/Butter eaten in excess will also kill you!  It's not as if I eat Spam on a daily basis.........   your arguement holds NO water Mar!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 14:56:43
iluvcfood

mar52

Lightly smoked is still considered as RAW!  
Yes........  Spam will kill me eventually but if you over eat ANYTHING in excess .......it will kill you............  P/Butter eaten in excess will also kill you!  It's not as if I eat Spam on a daily basis.........   your arguement holds NO water Mar!

Well, there's a good bit of water being held. You see, lox isn't lightly smoked. It's cold smoked, and that means cooked. And I happen to like Spam, and Treet -- and I even liked Prem and Mor, not to mention Swift's Camp Pie.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 15:05:20
I would consider Michael Hoffman an expert when it comes to most food.  Big difference between lightly smoked and cold smoked.

Quite frankly I have not been a fan of any type of salmon for several years.  about 25 years ago a friend and I was driving down the coast line of Oregon and California, we stopped at a road side place selling smoked salmon.  We stopped and bought a pound along with a six pack.  For some reason, we both got extreme indigestion and every since then, the thought of Salmon does not work for me.  Very personal though as I know many of you totally enjoy it.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 15:14:59
But you never considered the six pack as the culprit?

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 15:20:25
mar52

But you never considered the six pack as the culprit?

MAR:  Yes but the aftertaste of the salmon remains. Why?  I am not sure but it does.  To this day I have not bought salmon of any type.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 15:24:34
  Paul, I know that taste very well.

A few weeks ago a friend sent us some salmon jerky.  Now I love salmon and I love lox but one taste of that nasty jerky lasted the entire day.

Nasty is too nice of a word.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 15:33:37
Back to raw...

Greg, do you eat prosciutto?
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 18:24:32
mar52

Back to raw...

Absolutely not!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 18:38:54
iluvcfood

mar52

Back to raw...

Absolutely not!

Then I guess you don't care much for steak tartare or carpaccio. Pity.

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 19:22:59
I must admit that I first had steak tartare in Brussels.  It was a little more than I could handle.  My Belgium friends really enjoyed it and I know others do but I had personal issues with it.  It was seasoned nicely  but regardless??

Paul Smith
Knoxville, TN
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/23 20:10:50
Michael Hoffman

iluvcfood

mar52

Back to raw...

Absolutely not!

Then I guess you don't care much for steak tartare or carpaccio. Pity.

I'm sorry my friend but I  find those types of foods absolutely disgusting!  

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 02:32:56
Now is a good time to clear the slate...and start over.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 05:34:19
Bacon at this very early hour...

As fuel for a 6-mile sprint...back to Breakfast.

Tomorrow I'll be reporting from Black & White Cookie HQ!
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/24 05:48:59
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 10:09:36
Mercy.  Just mercy.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 14:55:51
That's what Willy said when he figured out that bacon...was on!

love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 15:06:19
Woof

Breakfast was a buttermilk doughnut. 

I wonder which was the worse breakfast health-wise:  protein but with bacon fat or high carbs with veg fat... 
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 15:23:12
I vote for the donut!
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 16:27:58
I've been dying to go to Killer Cafe a breakfast/lunch spin-off of Killer Shrimp.  I already knew what I wanted and there it was on the top of the menu.  I didn't need to read any further.

I wanted the breakfast burrito.  It's made with scrambled eggs and killer shrimp.

I ask the waitress if there's any cilantro, beans or rice in it.  "No, just cheese."

Perfect!  I order it.  It arrives and it looks great... except for the green stuff poking out.  You guessed it... cilantro.  I don't take a bite.  When she gets closer I tell her that I cannot eat it.  I don't normally send back food, but I just could not eat it.

She pokes at it!  Oh... it's in the Pico de Gallo.  I tell her again that there's no way I can eat it.

She apologizes, says it's not a problem and gets me another without the cilantro.  Not a problem until I start eating it.

HUH???  Where are the shrimp?  I pull it apart and it's egg, underdone bacon, avocado and cheese.  I tell my friend, Nancy that it's wrong again.  She said... no, that's what you ordered... the breakfast burrito.

What I wanted was the Killer Shrimp Breakfast Burrito, not the Breakfast Burrito.

It was my fault!  I picked at it leaving a pile or raw bacon on my plate.

When the waitress comes by she asks what the problem was.  I told her and suggested that if anyone else orders a breakfast burrito.... Ask them if they want shrimp or bacon.  If I see what I want on the top of the menu, I'm not reading the rest of it.  I didn't know that there were two breakfast burritos.

I told her that it was my fault.  She said, no.. she should have known there were two breakfast burritos and she should have asked.

She took it off the bill.

I left her a 50% tip.

I still want my Killer Shrimp Breakfast Burrito!

PS...  That brick on the side is extra crispy hash browns.  
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 17:10:37
I remember you posting about Killer Shrimp! Those shrimp really look outstanding!

That cilantro is some bad stuff. I never really have to be on the lookout at home...but I have learned to wave that off as many ways as possible.
iluvcfood
Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 19:59:35
Mar, 
Cilantro is Soooooooooo   good.   I dont know why you dont care for it as it adds a lot to the Mexican cooking!  We recently planted a ton of Cilantro in our garden and I'll soon have enough to feed an a Army!  
Any way..........   that Burrito looks very tasty but its so tiny!  
I wish sometime you could come and visit us and I'd have the Wife make you a Burrito that you would find SO delicious that you would be begging for more!  
I personally like cheese in mine and rice (NO beans) and as you know when I order my Chorizo Burritos I always get them with cheese!  The way they serve them (depending on the cook) is: Chorizo (I have NO idea how he does it but the Chorizo does not ooze/drip grease) with cheese and sliced/diced potatoes!

ces1948
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 20:16:30
Two eggs whisked with a bit of 1/2 and 1/2 fresh ground sea salt and black pepper. 1 slice of gouda and two slices of precooked Boarshead bacon cut up for the omelet filling. Two slices of Italian toast with I can't believe it's not butter w/olive oil and Smuckers natural concord grape spread.  A glass of 2% milk and 2 cups of 8 oclock french roast.
pnwchef
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 20:39:04
mar52

I've been dying to go to Killer Cafe a breakfast/lunch spin-off of Killer Shrimp.  I already knew what I wanted and there it was on the top of the menu.  I didn't need to read any further.

I wanted the breakfast burrito.  It's made with scrambled eggs and killer shrimp.

I ask the waitress if there's any cilantro, beans or rice in it.  "No, just cheese."

Perfect!  I order it.  It arrives and it looks great... except for the green stuff poking out.  You guessed it... cilantro.  I don't take a bite.  When she gets closer I tell her that I cannot eat it.  I don't normally send back food, but I just could not eat it.

She pokes at it!  Oh... it's in the Pico de Gallo.  I tell her again that there's no way I can eat it.

She apologizes, says it's not a problem and gets me another without the cilantro.  Not a problem until I start eating it.

HUH???  Where are the shrimp?  I pull it apart and it's egg, underdone bacon, avocado and cheese.  I tell my friend, Nancy that it's wrong again.  She said... no, that's what you ordered... the breakfast burrito.

What I wanted was the Killer Shrimp Breakfast Burrito, not the Breakfast Burrito.

It was my fault!  I picked at it leaving a pile or raw bacon on my plate.

When the waitress comes by she asks what the problem was.  I told her and suggested that if anyone else orders a breakfast burrito.... Ask them if they want shrimp or bacon.  If I see what I want on the top of the menu, I'm not reading the rest of it.  I didn't know that there were two breakfast burritos.

I told her that it was my fault.  She said, no.. she should have known there were two breakfast burritos and she should have asked.

She took it off the bill.

I left her a 50% tip.

I still want my Killer Shrimp Breakfast Burrito!

PS...  That brick on the side is extra crispy hash browns.  

Mar, I thought of you the other day, I was choking on a piece of Cilantro, you came to mind. You would have been the last person I thought of if I died.
mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 22:16:11
Bill,  Such a nice thought.  Not your dying.

Greg... it's a chemical intolerance or something like that.  You either like it or HATE it.  You know how much I love food, but cilantro kills everything for me.

I've tried to like it.  It won't work.

felix4067
Filet Mignon
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/24 23:04:40
Yup, liking or hating cilantro is actually a genetic thing. There is no medium, either...if you like it, you love it. If you're the rest of us, it tastes like waxy lemon soap. Blech. I've gotten to the point where I can choke down a couple of pieces, if it was used as a decoration on top of some salsa, but I can't eat anything in which it's an actual ingredient.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html?_r=0
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/25 22:39:19
This is an excellent example of a great black & white cookie...

Poured fondant (dark chocolate)...that has snap...bite & the cookie crumbles.

Roll over cookie and let's see the evah so important cookie behind...

Nice & firm with no extra junk in the trunk.

Sorry cookies you belong in the Post Office...

mar52
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/25 23:01:59
Somebody's getting a package.
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/26 01:15:35
Okay, CC.  I wasn't going to do this, but after your cookie post I have no mercy!

CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/26 09:53:24
Ohmigod!

My eyes my eyes! Stay back tears!

This is like the time you asked me if I like cookies (because you baked cookies)...

Linzer Tart...get ready! You're up next!
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/26 11:12:33
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/26 22:13:52
C'mon Linzer Tart the coast is clear...

At double-digit WW points it was just us for a good part of the day. Don't roll over...you'll lose your jam.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/26 22:15:34
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/26 22:33:38
Double digit?  A cookie?  I don't even think donuts are double digit.  Well, maybe that fat buttermilk one, yeah...
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 09:33:24
It's hard to tell from the pic but it's a big bad cookie. Actually...a little bigger than the black & white in diameter...wit a lil mo junk.
agnesrob
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 09:38:50
I made myself a mushroom, swiss and spinach omelet. I whisked some fresh chopped chives into the beaten eggs. I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 09:46:41
Sounds good Agnes!

The parade starts in front of my house. No bakery for now...but I believe pretzels over charcoal is in the air!
ChrisOC
Double Cheeseburger
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 11:03:36

SOS at Arlene's on Asbury
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 12:59:18
Good lookin' SOS!

They have a really big menu for a B/L place open 7-3.
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 13:15:24
Oh my--that looks hearty!!  Looks like the chipped beef version, which I loved growing up.

CC - pretzels over charcoal??  I need deets on this.
agnesrob
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 13:28:26
That SOS looks delicious!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 13:57:37
When I was growing up it was done on a metal garbage (sorry trash) can lid.

Soft pretzels hanging on a big stick. They pop on the charcoal hibachi and YUM!

It's much like the intoxicating aroma of chestnuts on the streets on Manhattan...in the winter.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/27 13:58:42
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/27 22:24:43
Mmmmmm... I'd want that dipped in melted butter although I guess a little mustard would be great, too.

What's wrong with garbage can (vs. trash)??
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/28 02:10:42
Sadly...

The pretzels were on the move...by the time I was set to kick!

I love pretzels like Auntie Anne's slathered in butter. I'm sure it would be good on a charcoal pretzel. I would love to figure-out what bakery makes these particular pretzels that only arrive during parades. They are much like if not the same as the pretzels served back in the day....at school. I know local bakeries...and it's not from any of them throughout Hudson County. It's probably Staten Island or Brooklyn.

They are different than the many pretzels served on carts throughout NYC these days...which are usually the frozen variety with very strange salted patterns & "tacky" feel...that have little to no charcoal goodness.

Not saying "garbage" is in the rulebook right up there with not honkin the horn ..while in Cali.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/28 02:30:58
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/28 18:28:42
I'm sure you can find out the pretzel source. Maybe ask some folks on the vending topic.

In the meantime, I had two filled donut holes for breakfast: one with jelly, one with custard. Don't ask me about points...
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/28 22:27:17
We'll say 3 points.

Sigmund's pretzels are different from charcoal pretzels but I'd bet money you'd really enjoy the pretzels ...

http://www.sigmundnyc.com/

http://mobile.newyork.ser...ity-manhattan-new.html

A Sigmund feta & olive pretzel will be what's for Breakfast...when they open again on 6/13.
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/28 22:42:52
love2bake
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/29 00:03:29
Sigmund looks fabulous--reminds me of the pretzels they make in Innsbruck.  If you manage to take a picture...

Please forgive the intrusion--I'm slipping a little from breakfast to lunch here--but there's a pretzel underneath all that deli.  It's from my favorite beer garden.  Breakfast in Deutschland, nicht wahr?

agnesrob
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/29 08:25:53
My Dad worked for a German company and traveled to Germany a few times. What you have pictured was his favorite breakfast while there!
CCinNJ
Sirloin
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? 2013/05/29 08:39:08
Si si! That looks like a spectacular Breakfast to me! Cold cuts are for Breakfast!

I'll take pictures of the pretzels and also stop @ Macaron Parlour for Dessert...
http://www.macaronparlour.com/macarons
post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/05/29 08:45:21
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 7 of 13