The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > >> | Showing page 109 of 129, messages 3241 to 3270 of 3856
love2bake

• Total Posts: 1271
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/22/13 8:52 AM (permalink)
Agnes, that meal looks fabulous!!  Makes me miss my mom and the wonderful dinners she made...

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3293
    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/22/13 5:46 PM (permalink)
    I finally got to have one of my favourite bacon and blue cheese stuffed burgers from Stella's tonight. They're an ungodly amount of food, so now I don't have to eat again until dinner tomorrow.

http://stellasgr.com/

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 10/24/13 6:15 PM (permalink)
      Today has been one of those cold, wet, miserable days
      so tonight for dinner it is a favorite that my mom used to create.

Roasted Chicken & Dressing

I used 4 thighs, mixed a can of cream of chicken & mushroom soup with the dressing mix and covered the chicken in a 9" baking dish, into the oven @ 350 degrees.

Came out piping hot and the whole house smells, and wonderfully warm and filling.

I called mom to tell her thank you

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 10/24/13 7:23 PM (permalink)
        lleechef's roasting a chicken, and we'll be having it with butternut squash. I think I'll have cider with dinner.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 10/24/13 8:06 PM (permalink)
          Dinner break tonight found me at yet another bar around the corner from our arena. They've got a decent Monte Cristo, so I had one along with their addictive cheddar-stuffed soft pretzel nuggets with hot honey mustard dipping sauce.

http://www.jgardellastavern.com/

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 1:49 PM (permalink)
            Well, I was feeling a little sad that I didn't get to join the NY food tour yesterday. My husband has been having a lot of tests lately to see why he is having spells of extreme dizziness. Yesterday he had a MRA/MRI. He said it conjured up feelings of "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!" (Monty Python reference) Everything keeps coming back as normal! One of the stops I was looking forward to was Vanessa's dumplings. Billyboy has reported on it and it sounds like a delicious place!
            So I came up with my own recipe for pork and scallion "undumplings" since my husband needs low carb. I made pork and scallion meatballs with stir fried vegetables for him and vegetable lo mien for those who wanted it. The meatballs were outstanding, if I do say so myself!

agnesrob

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 1:54 PM (permalink)
              Michael Hoffman

lleechef's roasting a chicken, and we'll be having it with butternut squash. I think I'll have cider with dinner.

How did Lisa prepare the squash? Lately my favorite has been cubed, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh thyme or sage and roasted in the oven.

agnesrob

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 1:58 PM (permalink)
                felix4067

Dinner break tonight found me at yet another bar around the corner from our arena. They've got a decent Monte Cristo, so I had one along with their addictive cheddar-stuffed soft pretzel nuggets with hot honey mustard dipping sauce.

http://www.jgardellastavern.com/

felix, that really sounds so delicious! I just checked out their menu, looks good. Mmmm... low carb Monte Cristo. I have to think about that one.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 2:06 PM (permalink)
                  Shrimp Po'boys at half time.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6223
                    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 2:40 PM (permalink)
                    agnesrob

Michael Hoffman

How did Lisa prepare the squash? Lately my favorite has been cubed, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh thyme or sage and roasted in the oven.

I cut it in half and scoop out the seeds.  Then I put it cut side down in a Pyrex dish, add about 1/2" water, foil and bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour.......I check the fleshy part to make sure it's done.  Then I flip it over and put maple syrup or brown sugar and butter in the cavity....I brush some on the fleshy part too.....and roast at 400 for about another 20 minutes.  I always prefer "savory" to "sweet" but this is one of those times that the sweet pairs well with the squash.  I make acorn squash the same way.

Sundancer7

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 3:23 PM (permalink)
                      I made some of Paul's soon to be infamous chili using:
                      1:  Two pounds of ground beef
                      2:  two whole chopped onions
                      3:  Two sliced jalapeno
                      4: Five cloves of pressed garlic
                      5: Two whole diced tomatoes
                      6: Two cans of tomato sauce
                      7: Carrol Shelby's chili mixture hot
                      8: One half cup masa Flour
                      I browned the beef, onions, peppers and garlic and added the remainder of ingredients to the crock pot.
                      Served with raw onions, sour cream and shredded cheddar and saltines and of course a dark beer 

Paul E. Smith
                      Knoxville, TN
                      <message edited by Sundancer7 on Sun, 10/27/13 3:29 PM>

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6223
                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 5:33 PM (permalink)
                        I'd eat that!!!! 

Sundancer7

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 6:50 PM (permalink)
                          lleechef

I'd eat that!!!! 

Of course you would. 

Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN

love2bake

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 7:01 PM (permalink)
                            Agnes, you've done it AGAIN!   Those meatballs look incredible.  Hoping it won't gross you out, I've made a version of fried rice using spaghetti squash instead, and I bet you could make lo mein with that instead of noodles.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 8:25 PM (permalink)
                              Agnes, they're one of my favourite places. The same people own several bars in town, mostly older ones they've renovated/restored to their former glory (I go to three of them on a regular basis for dinner breaks). And your undumplings look amazing!

Today I actually got out of work at 5:00, so I got to cook for the first time in almost two weeks! Yet I was lazy, and it's cold, so I wanted comfort food. Kidney Bean Rabbit (don't ask me why it's called rabbit...Velveeta, kidney beans, and green pepper, melted in a double boiler and served over torn apart toast).

mar52

• Total Posts: 7596
                                Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 10/27/13 10:43 PM (permalink)
                                Sorry, Felix.  That does not sound like something I'd like.

What I want are those Agnes meatballs! 

I had slow cooker chuck roast finished with BBQ sauce, shredded and eaten on a hamburger bun.  Well I had one and a half.

I'll have some Rocky Road later.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 10:38 AM (permalink)
                                  No need to be sorry, Mar...it's something from my childhood, kinda like some people still eat Spam out of nostalgia. I suspect we had it because we were poor, not because it's wonderful. Originally, it used government cheese, but I've upgraded it to Velveeta.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 12:12 PM (permalink)
                                    felix4067

No need to be sorry, Mar...it's something from my childhood, kinda like some people still eat Spam out of nostalgia. I suspect we had it because we were poor, not because it's wonderful. Originally, it used government cheese, but I've upgraded it to Velveeta.

Ahhhhh gubmint cheese, makes the best damn mac & cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches too.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 1:09 PM (permalink)
                                      felix4067

Kidney Bean Rabbit (don't ask me why it's called rabbit...Velveeta, kidney beans, and green pepper, melted in a double boiler and served over torn apart toast).

Quite possibly the "rabbit" comes from someone hearing "rarebit" and thinking it to be "rabbit"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_rarebit

High degree of similarity in the ingredients and pronunciation

Treetop Tom

• Total Posts: 321
                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 1:48 PM (permalink)
                                        East Carolina BBQ from Smith's Red & White in Dortches, NC, along with slaw and deviled egg potato salad from the Mars supermarket deli  - all washed down with a sugar-sweetened Cheerwine.  Can't wait.

agnesrob

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 2:39 PM (permalink)
                                          love2bake, I use spaghetti squash often. I always make it when we have spaghetti and meatballs! Delicious!

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 2:57 PM (permalink)
                                            I just finished making a huge pot of spaghetti....link Italian sausage (chunked), bulk Italian sausage, one flat can of anchovies, chopped onion, garlic, fresh and dry herbs, cherry tomatoes, one eggplant (rough chop), two cups fresh mushrooms,  four rough chopped sweet peppers, small can Cento tomato sauce. I like simmering it for a couple of hours, remove and set outside to cool and then reheat for later. Very meaty and hearty. The anchovies are just a touch I came up with...can't really distinctly taste them, but you say to yourself...."what a unique flavor".

agnesrob

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 4:43 PM (permalink)
                                              Sounds delicious Pancho!

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 10/28/13 11:37 PM (permalink)
                                                For dinner tonight lleechef made filet mignon with béarnaise sauce, roasted potato wedges, haricots verts, and a green salad with Boston lettuce, green onions and a dressing of oil and vinegar. The wine was a Coppola zinfandel.

felix4067

• Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
                                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/29/13 8:35 PM (permalink)
                                                  TJ Jackson

Quite possibly the "rabbit" comes from someone hearing "rarebit" and thinking it to be "rabbit" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_rarebit

High degree of similarity in the ingredients and pronunciation

Well, that just makes no end of sense. Thank you!

Tonight I did spinach lasagna rolls with roasted butternut squash (tossed with olive oil, lime juice, and rosemary).

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/29/13 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                                    Tonight it's hot Italian sausage along with broccoli rabe sautéed in olive oil with garlic, red pepper flakes and cannellini beans. Also known as beans and greens.

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/29/13 10:32 PM (permalink)
                                                      Darn!  I forgot I bought sausage!

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 10/29/13 10:33 PM (permalink)
                                                        I wanted to make chili but when searching the freezer found a half loaf of cinnamon bread purchased in Solvang.

French/Danish Toast.

love2bake

• Location: SFBay Area, CA
                                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 10/30/13 9:30 AM (permalink)
                                                          Mar - I've never been to Solvang, but I've had some bread that someone brought back from there and WOW!!  That would be awesome in French toast--great idea!!

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 11/5/13 9:30 PM (permalink)
                                                            Went to Costco to pick up some stuff for Thanksgiving and just us and we were going to get a piece of pizza for dinner.

Then we saw it....  barbecued beef sandwich for $4.99.

That's big money for a Costco food line but it's what we got, mine with coleslaw and Sharon's without.

Deeeelicious!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > >> | Showing page 109 of 129, messages 3241 to 3270 of 3856

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 8 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com