What's The Best BBQ You Ever Had?

Page: << < ..1617 Showing page 17 of 17
Author
DocChuck
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 88
Re:What's The Best BBQ You Ever Had? 2010/04/11 10:58:14 (permalink)
wfmitchell

Maurice's BBQ??? I have been there for their fried pork skins but I'll be honest, the pork they serve bears no resemblance to BBQ.  It is oven roasted and you can baste it with their mustard based Carolina BBQ sauce.  There is no smoking whatsoever. I can honestly say it is a nice pork sandwich but BBQ it ain't.

Since you are three months younger than I you are going to have to respect your elders on this one.

PS Where is your website? I'm always interested in a good BBQ sauce recipe.

Maybe I was just exceptionally hungry the last time I ate at Maurice's --- LOL.  But at the time, it tasted pretty good to me, although NOT as good as the pork butts we do at home (well, actually, at our condo in the mountains of North Carolina, where I get a LOT of advice from the locals)  

As far as my site, I cannot post the URL here, but I think you can click on my handle (DocChuck), go to my info page, and then click on 'My Home Page' or whatever.  Scroll back to the "older posts" and you will find what I learned from the North Carolina folks about pork barbecue and finishing sauces.  As far as beef goes, I come from a long line of Texans, several of whom are in the beef-raising business.  So I am pretty handy at barbecuing the Longhorn
Page: << < ..1617 Showing page 17 of 17
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1